Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCC mod and University

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
I use Paulson's NPCC Mod to limit the amount of NPC's that are spawn in my game. Will this affect dorms from spawning roommates? Should i remove it?

Comments

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    It'll definitely be updated, and you should disable mods after patches or new expansions anyway.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    It's possible that the mod will cause the game to pick unplayed sims instead of generating new ones as roomates. No way to know for sure.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It's possible that the mod will cause the game to pick unplayed sims instead of generating new ones as roomates. No way to know for sure.

that's the hope. I just don't want it to break the game but i'm sure Paulson will only release an update that won't harm the game. Thanks!
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    It'll be a long while. He doesn't release new features for weeks so he can make more money from his paid users.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    FYI at the moment the new update for NPCC works with the patch but not with the University roommate system.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Does NPCC work with uni roommates? Will it only use pre made homeless sims as students or does it still generate new sims for students?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    As far as I can tell, using npcc with university will make the game prefer pre-made homeless sims as roommates instead of generating new ones. So if you have downloaded sims from the gallery and added them as homeless unplayed sims, then the game seems to pick them.
  • NaemiNaemi Posts: 21 Member
    > @logion said:
    > As far as I can tell, using npcc with university will make the game prefer pre-made homeless sims as roommates instead of generating new ones. So if you have downloaded sims from the gallery and added them as homeless unplayed sims, then the game seems to pick them.

That's correct. NPCC forces the game to pick homeless sims as your roommates. Usually always the same ones, so you have to make new ones and remove to old ones every time a new played sim goes to uni. (You just put the old ones in a lot, so they won't come back to uni.)

The issue now is with the secret organizations. NPCC brakes the whole organization system as the game can't generate sims for the organization, you get an error message (orange box) and nobody shows up at the meeting.
    We need an update for that. I had to remove the mod in the meantime.