Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest, WHICH SIMS GAME IS THE WORST?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims 1is the worse - as it has no proper life stages - sims have to work and go to school every day, time runs way too fast among other things - like no realistic procreation - I mean who calls someone to say they want a baby - never mind have the baby instantly show up in a room in a puff of smoke. The baby is on the verge of being taken away from the minute it arrives and parents always lose their jobs just to have the baby grown up. Kids never grow up.

The idea of the game was good - but not thought out very well. Sims 2 is what Sims 1 should have been. Even though I think Superstar and Making magic were the best packs ever made in all the Sims games - Sims 1 will always be to me the worse of the Sims games as just too hard to enjoy.

It was the game that made me a Simmer and made me give Sims 2 a try - but Sims 2 will always be the best thought out and balanced of all the Sims games. Sims 3 and 4 are enjoyable in their own way to me - even though Sims 4 started off badly I find it one of my favorite along with Sims 3 as I love the Sims 3 open world and CASt, as well CAW. I especially love the way we can play the sims at home and the sims away from home at the same time in Sims 3. I really wish we could play like that in Sims 2 and 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    MySims. Tried so hard to be like Animal Crossing and failed hard.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims Social, hands down. It was a Facebook/social media game that lasted about a year. You never could get anything completed unless you had a lot of other friends playing the game or paid real money, the online lag was awful, the graphics were far worse than Sims Freeplay or Sims 4, it was available while online only, and there were time limited features you couldn't get if you took a week vacation from the game. I hate time limited features because I work for a living, and I prefer games to be games, not jobs that you have to attend regularly.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • MicxiMicxi Posts: 29 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims 4 is my least favourite out of the entire series. Even though it has better visuals and it runs a bit smoother than the previous games, what makes a game great is gameplay, and that Sims 4 lacks, even with packs most times. There's hardly anything to do in Sims 4 unless you have mods/CC, or you just don't get bored that easily. The most fun I've had in Sims 4 was building, but besides that it's just building up your skills and meeting new sims (whereas in the other games there's more to do besides just that). Or staring at loading screens every time you want to go somewhere, if there's even a reason to do so ofc.
    Post edited by Micxi on
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sims Social, hands down. It was a Facebook/social media game that lasted about a year. You never could get anything completed unless you had a lot of other friends playing the game or paid real money, the online lag was awful, the graphics were far worse than Sims Freeplay or Sims 4, it was available while online only, and there were time limited features you couldn't get if you took a week vacation from the game. I hate time limited features because I work for a living, and I prefer games to be games, not jobs that you have to attend regularly.
    Oh true. I forgot about that one. Shows what little impression it made on me. I did get bored fast playing the mobile versions and went back to Animal Crossing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited October 2019
    You really want my opinion? Sims 3.
    Reasons why:
    -Severe lagging
    -Constant crashing
    -Freezing

I also found the sims themselves so dull and the sims and animations so stiff. Even if I told them to do something or give them full autonomy, they would stand and stare blankly for hours (I felt they forgot all about the sims themselves. I just felt bored and the world felt so empty as sims are hardly one the same lots). I gave up in creating sims or building due to how long it takes due to the lag and had to save constantly when building ...don't remind me of that downloading sims and cc due to the dreaded doll that would get attacked and corrupt the game file and it was so hard to find some of the corrupt cc.

Couldn't travel or go to University as the file would bloat making it even worse and the loading screens took forever. Worst world was Island Paradiso due to the routing issues and once you are living in a world, you are basically stuck and can't move like in Sims 4.

Also I missed all that neat stuff Sims 2 had and even Sims 1 sounds more fun.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I've only played the main thread of The Sims games however I would say that The Sims 4 in many ways seems like the biggest step back in a few different areas. It's disappointing that important features like the open neighbourhood were withdrawn from this edition.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    The Sims 4 is a huge step back in every aspect.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    This is entirely subjective. No answer to this question can have truth because all the "truth" is (mostly) someone's opinion.

Personally, I think Sims 4 is the worst. And I say that despite I like the game and every pack for it (and will pre-order the University pack this Friday; I buy University packs for the sake of collection. I've never cared about it in any game). It brought some new features, but it also took several steps back! The "worlds" are smaller than Sims 1. That is embarrassing.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    It seems that a lot of people are mainly focusing on TS1-TS4. While ignoring the other Sims games like the Facebook one, the mobile one, etc. I personally hated the Facebook one and I'm a bit shocked that apparently people are saying TS4 is even worse than that.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Sims 1 - like the venerable Model T.
    Sims 2 - Good ol’ Chevy reliable and worked well.
    Sims 3 - the Jaguar touchy as hell and needs to be maintained but a good solid car (when it works)
    Sims 4 - an Edsel.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Well if you’re taking things into account for fair reviewing, you should look at the fact the Sims 4 was rushed out massively unfinished? I hate to say it but the management of this current cycle has been its biggest problem from day 1... As it is now however, it’s a totally different, and much better game.

Sims 3 was the worst for me. I could never get into the aesthetic of the game. The open world aspect and super customisation sounded pretty cool, but I tried it out on a friends laptop and even at base game found it just unplayable with the lag. And of course no matter how hard I tried in cas, the sims always looks like.. well sims 3 sims lol.. 👀

That was enough for me to be like ok, no more sims for me then. I never did get the sims 3, I mean I kept a bit of an eye on it from a distance, but I lost a lot of interest in the franchise ngl. They were even doing great spin off games on console which they seemed to stop over the sims 3 era? Don’t get me wrong, the sims 4 is farrrr from perfect, but it has its charm, and it’s the first time console players are getting the full sims experience.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Sims 3 by far.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited November 2019
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    It seems that a lot of people are mainly focusing on TS1-TS4. While ignoring the other Sims games like the Facebook one, the mobile one, etc. I personally hated the Facebook one and I'm a bit shocked that apparently people are saying TS4 is even worse than that.

I personally don't mix things like that because its impossible for me to compare different platforms. I don't expect a mobile or facebook or even old console versions or pc spin-offs to have the same playability as the main series. By that I would say MySims is not my cup of tea at all and The Sims Mobile is terrible. I focus on main series because is the one that really matters to me. In that sence is The Sims 4 as I said before, because for me its awful that both 2 and 3 are superior to a game that is named 4. Maybe thats the problem... TS4 of "4" it has nothing!

I actually miss The Sims Social, I remember playing online with my friends on fridays and saturdays at night when I was 15, awsome chat and gameplay fun. And I miss java versions for some reason... nostalgia! And I think Freeplay is awsome for a mobile game.
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    Freeplay. Having to wait hours to get one task done? No thank you.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    To me it's the Sims 3. It's the only one I can't play even today... I just found it not appealing to me.
    he/him
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    My approach to this is basically like the lyrics to Seasons in the Sun.

"We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun but the wine and the song like the seasons is all gone."

I enjoyed each of the versions that I've played while playing them. I took my share of breaks but they were all fun in the moment.

I only played with the main games and Sims Medieval. There are plenty of games out there that don't appeal to or engage me. I could talk about that.

For example, I have Skyrim and some aspects of it are cool but it's kind of bleak for me. There are many elaborate cities and I appreciate quite a lot about it but it's not a world that I want to stay in.

There are many violent games that do not appeal to me at all. I like The Sims series and I also have liked Civilization for about as long but I get very drawn into actually getting to play with my own characters. I think that bashing different versions is barking up the wrong tree for me.

I was also a big fan of Oregon Trail but that no longer exists, sadly. I'd have loved to see that continue as well.

Hmm ... maybe an Oregon Trail-like GP could bring that back? I know JA has elements of the Amazonian version.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • AnnaleinAnnalein Posts: 5 New Member
    I love love love the graphics and the aesthetic of the Sims 4 but oh my God is it boring compared to TS3 and especially TS2! I remember back in the day just the base game was so exciting and there was so much weird stuff to do. But on top of that, the expansion packs had so much content in them. Like the pets expansion had fricking horses and werwolves! Whereas now it's like... wow I spent 20$ just to get hamsters?!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Freeplay, period. Nothing but a freemium disaster.

TS4 isn't nearly as bad as Freeplay, but A: I find it completely unplayable without a large number of mods and B: In the aftermath of SimCity 2013 EA really should have delayed the release of the game to replace the engine focused towards online play. And from what I'm hearing rumors of, TS5 may repeat the same mistake. Now, I'm saying nothing until it's officially announced; as for all I know, they used TS4 as a rubric of what NOT to do.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    I'm focussing on TS1-TS4 because I haven't played the other Sims games so it wouldn't be fair to judge them.

Personally, my vote goes to TS3.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Sims 4 for me. I do like (somewhat anyway) the looks of the Sims in it but it seems I create families (which I liked to do in it) then get bored playing them.

Sims 3 is my go to, but I admit there are some issues but they don’t bother me. I’ve played it much longer than Sims 4 and currently 4 is uninstalled.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    The Sims 4.....such a disgrace!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sims 1. No life stages, no days of the week, no seasons. It barely counts as a life simulator!
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I commented on this forever ago, but like, it's back so I'm just gonna comment again and say that Sims 4 is still going strong as the worst of the Sims games for me, BUT that is only in relation to the other Sims games. As a game itself, it's incredible, just not when looking at it next to the others.

Sims 2's CAS is the one things that bugs me about it. My Sims always look the same and just have a weird stretched out look to their faces.

I actually hear that ^ complaint more with TS3, but for me, I can make a lot of varying Sims in that game. It could be because it's loaded with CC, but then again, I load all my games with CC. Just, to me, the gameplay of 2 & 3 was so much better than that of 4. Yes, CASt was very glitchy in 3, but it actually allowed for customization, not just like the 10 forced color-combos you get in Sims 4 per item.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    TS4 is by far the worse of EA games :(