Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That Presentation Board!!! If this has been posted, I'm sorry.

I know others are having problems with that presentation board. I lost it and could never find it. My sim just kept going to see the professor at office hours, studying and paying attention in class. I'm so scared to go back into game and find out if she failed because I lost the presentation board and never finished it.

Comments

• SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Can you buy one from those vending machine/mini-bookstores (I have no clue what to call them) that are around the quad?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I had the opposite problem. The presentation wouldn’t delete, had to get a mod for it.

If you have UI extension cheat you can right click it and it’ll cover it. I had two presentations and I had two boards but the glitches board was for a different class.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    Can you buy one from those vending machine/mini-bookstores (I have no clue what to call them) that are around the quad?

I tried this in my game when my Sim was first given the wrong presentation board and unfortunately, they aren't sold there.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Katzc wrote: »
    I know others are having problems with that presentation board. I lost it and could never find it. My sim just kept going to see the professor at office hours, studying and paying attention in class. I'm so scared to go back into game and find out if she failed because I lost the presentation board and never finished it.

I was worried about that too. I switched households and let mine finish his term unplayed. When I rotated back to him, he had passed with A+ across everything. I was surprised.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    You could try the show hidden objects cheat?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    You can’t find a replacement board anywhere, not even in debug objects. It’s so stupid. I can go down to any store where they sell office supplies and buy poster board. It seems like a very trivial thing to prevent one from doing a project.
    Some people have been able to steal another student’s presentation board but it doesn’t even give you the right options then. So it’s useless.

When I lost one, I was playing the Fletcher dude, finished his first term and then went over to the Pleasants. I got a notification that the “old” board from last term had been thrown out. It was something Angela needed for her current term and all of a sudden it was gone from her inventory.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I had a Sim drop out of college, but I can't get rid of his unused presentation board.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    sadly, these boards aren't even in show hidden objects... one of the first things i tried. and if you upload a room with one in it to the gallery, the board doesn't transfer over, it just vanishes

i'm a bit sad about that, since these boards actually look quite nice when finished to excellent quality and i wanted one of my graduates to proudly display her boards in a museum-type room in her mansion
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    That's ridiculous! Surely must be a bug. Hopefully the devs are aware and working on a fix. I'm waiting for the first patch to release before I get into proper uni gameplay
    The mod is TwistedMexi’s destroy items cheat if anyone wants it until the patch comes.

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    Did you successfully give your presentation before the end of the semester? Seems some people experience this issue if they don’t actually go to give their presentation. Kind of similar to the issue some people had with old, unused evidence from a previous case in the GTW Detective career.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think i've seen it being sold on university vendor iirc
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    It happened to me as well. No way around it.
  • PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Lost mine as well. You can’t buy it anywhere, can’t find it with showhiddenobjects either. Guess they’ll have to fail..
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    They won't fail if they do all the homework they get, take notices in class and learn for their courses.
  • ad0rkablead0rkable Posts: 56 Member
    I lost my board too! I just came to post about it. It doesn't seem to be in the debug menu or in the campus vendor. I'm really frustrated. :(
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I had a Sim drop out of college, but I can't get rid of his unused presentation board.

Can you place it into the world? If so, draw a room around it and then delete the room. Everything in the room will be deleted.
    IceyJ wrote: »

Can you place it into the world? If so, draw a room around it and then delete the room. Everything in the room will be deleted.

Doesn’t work, or at least not for me. It’s not deletable. Had to download a mod to destroy it.

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Same here, my sims just never had one and yet she had a presentation to work on. It should be in debug like school projects, it makes no sense.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I had the opposite problem. The presentation wouldn’t delete, had to get a mod for it.

If you have UI extension cheat you can right click it and it’ll cover it. I had two presentations and I had two boards but the glitches board was for a different class.

I had the problem with a dorm I was testing.
    I had saved it with the presentation boards inside. When I installed it for a second play test, I was stuck with the boards.

I created a basement room, put the boards in the room, and then deleted the room.
    No more boards.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited November 2019

Doesn’t work, or at least not for me. It’s not deletable. Had to download a mod to destroy it.

So it was missing the 'place into world' interaction? Anything you put into a room disappears when you delete the room. You have to click the room to highlight it, then press delete on your keyboard.

So it was missing the 'place into world' interaction? Anything you put into a room disappears when you delete the room. You have to click the room to highlight it, then press delete on your keyboard.

Nope. I saw your comment to someone else. Placed it in a room, deleted the room and it was still there. It literally would not delete for me...I’m pretty sure it was bugged because it wouldn’t let me use it, just place in and out of their inventory.

edited February 2020

Nope. I saw your comment to someone else. Placed it in a room, deleted the room and it was still there. It literally would not delete for me...I’m pretty sure it was bugged because it wouldn’t let me use it, just place in and out of their inventory.

Hm. I've never heard of that happening before. I'm glad the mod helped, at least.
    *ETA: This actually just happened to me for the first time. It wouldn't delete because I had the move objects cheat on.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • PEP1053PEP1053 Posts: 22 Member
    I am still having this problem at times. The presentation board never generates as it should in my Sim's inventory. Have they STILL not corrected this?? I am noticing this to be the case even after the Feb 2020 patch! :-(
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited February 2020
    I have this issue too. Lilith's board is missing and I lost the boards for a couple of Sims. I just studied for hours each day and they all got A+ actually, so I guess if you study enough it will bring the grade up. Too bad it can't be bought though.

Note to Self: Never drop out if there is a presentation board in the inventory. You can't delete them? :o ohhh that would drive me crazy. I sometimes like to empty my inventory... foods in the fridge, treasures in the treasure chest, books on the shelves, items on display, flowers in the flower bench, I sometimes put the homework and diaries in the bookshelves or on desks. Feels good to empty the inventory. I could not deal with a presentation board stuck there, no