Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's revisit the previous Community SP themes

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
ECO LIVING STUFF
Adopt new home technologies to help your Sim with domestic responsibilities and live an eco-friendly life. Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology and solar energy.
STARTER HOME STUFF
Customize your household with affordable, pre-owned furniture and clothing that's peprfect for Sims just starting out (or struggling to get by). Potential ares of focus include space-saving furniture, multi-function appliances, and yard sale items.
ARCADE STUFF
Take your Sims to an arcade for an afternoon of entertainment with friends! Potential areas of focus include arcade activities, games of skill, and social experiences.
DANGEROUS STUFF
Live life on the edge by subjecting your Sims to new dangers that celebrate the afterlife. Potential areas of focus include Sim deaths, funeral experiences, and the Grim Reaper.
WEDDING STUFF
Make your Sim's big day an even bigger celebration with new wedding content and experiences. Potential areas of focus include wedding customization, the ceremony and cultural diversity.

ARCADE CONCEPT ART
Arcade-1.jpg
Arcade-2.jpg
Arcade-3.jpg
Arcade-4.jpg

WEDDING CONCEPT ART
Wedding-1.jpg
Wedding-2.jpg
STARTER HOME CONCEPT ART
DX5M0aAVoAAAiyW-1024x654.jpg

Besides the winning "Laundry" feature, do you think that the dev team tackled any of the other features on other packs? Do you think they reused any leftover ideas on the new themes? Do you think they should revisit the other features?
Post edited by Karon on

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Starter Home is covered by the CL flea market, Eco a little bit by the off-the-grid trait (that is not well-thought). Volcanos and sharks in IL are dangerous. It's really surprising that they didn't give us a wedding pack yet.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    The only thing I can think of that reminds me the new theme/features is the Grim Reaper being mentioned on the Dangerous Stuff idea. Honestly, this ideas were more Stuff Pack-like than the ones from the new Community SP, which sound like things that should have been or should be on GP/EP. Also, Arcade Stuff is more interesting than Fun-Tech to me.

@alanmichael1 I would've loved a Wedding SP, and it sounds more like a SP... a teen/elders sp also sound more Stuff Pack.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm still waiting for my eco-friendly stuff...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SpoonieSarahSpoonieSarah Posts: 17 Member
    Aside from what's already mentioned by @alanmichael1 and @Karon I don't see much of it IN the game in releases since then.

I really, really, really, (imagine I typed "really" ten thousand more times here) want more wedding stuff though.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2019
    they should really just combine all features of happy haunts and dangerous stuff and make it gamepack I don't know why they keep trying to fit this theme into stuff pack when there is so many things that they could do with it

also i'd like some space saving furniture cause meanwhile they been working on it there is still many many things that should be smaller or at least portable

aaaand yeah wedding things be nice though honestly I'd rather just have all inclusive romance gp with plenty romance related gameplay and put the wedding stuffs there
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Does anyone happen to know where we could find the concept art for these pack ideas?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    edited November 2019
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to know where we could find the concept art for these pack ideas?

@Marnetti I don't think we had concept art for all the pack ideas. I think we only got to see the Arcade and Wedding Stuff Pack concept art:

ARCADE CONCEPT ART
    Arcade-1.jpg
    Arcade-2.jpg
    Arcade-3.jpg
    Arcade-4.jpg

WEDDING CONCEPT ART
    Wedding-1.jpg
    Wedding-2.jpg
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I feel like many of the Uni dorm items are cute starter home items. Wedding is definitely something we haven’t seen yet!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    There was also concept art for the Starter Home theme:

DX5M0aAVoAAAiyW-1024x654.jpg

Some of those have emerged in DU.
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    We did get the feminine puffer vest top (I don't know when :sweat_smile: ) third from the left. Which i'm thankful for since it's super cute, lol.

Following this thread and thank you for starting it btw; with the new community voted stuff pack happening I realized I didn't remember anything about the last one, lol. :weary:
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
    SiggDiggit wrote: »
    We did get the feminine puffer vest top (I don't know when :sweat_smile: ) third from the left. Which i'm thankful for since it's super cute, lol.

Following this thread and thank you for starting it btw; with the new community voted stuff pack happening I realized I didn't remember anything about the last one, lol. :weary:

You're welcome! Thats why I decided to post this, I also barely remembered something from the previous CSP Project. I think the feminine puffer vest top was added on Get Famous, not sure...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We have got the pallet table I'd have to open my game to say the pack they added it in and the cinder block shelf either came in ROM or University I have neither pack but I've seen it so they really seem to love the starter home stuff. I'd count the hanging lightbulb but they stuck that in Laundry Day... Its to bad arcade dangerous and wedding stuff have not got anything added.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • IndoflowerIndoflower Posts: 2 New Member
    I really wish they would revive the eco-friendly theme. I don't care if they want to include the "healty vegan etc" trend in it, but I just really want to be able to do more with gardens. Like I want more plants, and be able to make jam, and I want a farm, like chickens or something. I really wish it'd be possible for your sim to be self sufficient. The lot trait "off the grid" was a good start, but we need solar energy and composting and new ways to make food (like when they added bees), and basically take care of your sims like they are hermits living alone in the woods.

On an unrelated note, I appreciate that we can finally do something with the flowers we've been growing since forever, with the flower arranging skill in seasons, but I'm wondering if we could do more with it, like perfume or alchemy or balms and stuff. Or add them to our bath. Just.. do something with it.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    We have got the pallet table I'd have to open my game to say the pack they added it in and the cinder block shelf either came in ROM or University I have neither pack but I've seen it so they really seem to love the starter home stuff. I'd count the hanging lightbulb but they stuck that in Laundry Day... Its to bad arcade dangerous and wedding stuff have not got anything added.

those were in uni also the other bookshelf thing from starter home stuff i think just not as beaten up version
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I love the “Arcade” outfits!! We got that skirt and jacket outfit in Get Famous.
  • codylynnclarkcodylynnclark Posts: 11 New Member
    Oh, I love that wedding concept art. I had an idea for a wedding pack with a vineyard vacation world with rustic barn wedding stuff. I hadn't seen this pack idea, but it's perfect for that.
    Oh, I love that wedding concept art. I had an idea for a wedding pack with a vineyard vacation world with rustic barn wedding stuff. I hadn't seen this pack idea, but it's perfect for that.

@codylynnclark take a look at this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/969250/riviera-living-a-romantic-expansion-pack
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm still holding out hope for the wedding stuff pack. The decor in the concept art looks awesome.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• MAUVE5MAUVE5 Posts: 31 Member
    OMG those outfits from arcade, I haven't seen them before and I want them so bad! I like the puffer jacket the least unfortunately. I think we can kind of recreate the wedding setting with items we already have. The curtains look like the one from Island Living. Would love to have more fairy lights in the game, I think that would be a great addition in many builds.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm still mad the dangerous stuff pack lost.
    Karon wrote: »
    STARTER HOME STUFF
    Customize your household with affordable, pre-owned furniture and clothing that's peprfect for Sims just starting out (or struggling to get by). Potential ares of focus include space-saving furniture, multi-function appliances, and yard sale items.

It seems like the new Stuff Pack is this one. :D
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    STARTER HOME STUFF

It seems like the new Stuff Pack is this one. :D

Yea some of it. I still hope for an ecofriendly / second hand / off the grid kinda pack though.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    You are missing some concept art!

This was for Eco Living.

bb4de6c0-8446-4a91-a9ac-7966c711977e.jpg

eee8d9df-af64-4b93-9ae9-7fecebc0f4cc.jpg

I wanted the modern so bad....especially because the clothes were super cute! *sigh*

This was for Starter Home Stuff too. Which is now Tiny Living Stuff. (as you can see the murphy bed is there)

large.img-7.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    These were the objects/clothes that we got to vote on for Laundry if anyone is interested btw:
    8dfcdfb5-7afd-4102-98b8-8d0d84e1807f.jpg
    5fe4f28a-c21d-485a-9203-f8b8c7f726f4.jpg

The male clothes in the vote were all so cute! I wish we'd gotten them all ahahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    These were the objects/clothes that we got to vote on for Laundry if anyone is interested btw:
    8dfcdfb5-7afd-4102-98b8-8d0d84e1807f.jpg
    5fe4f28a-c21d-485a-9203-f8b8c7f726f4.jpg

The male clothes in the vote were all so cute! I wish we'd gotten them all ahahaha

I will say, the strongest aspect of laundry day is the CAS stuff. It really is a shame the eco-friendly idea got shoved aside for laundry.