Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming, Medieval, and werewolves

What do you think about a Pack that combines Farming (with farm animals) in a medieval pack with werewolves? Of course I really want a sewing machine ( with a color wheel and patterns) so I’m not sure if that would fit with medieval, and I could actually care less about werewolves, but I would like to see body hair added. So, I thought this might be a good combination.

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited October 2019
    yes about farming and sawing machines but no to werewolves and body i clearly do not went werewolves and body hair to rutrun to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I would really like werewolves to return. One of the occults we are still sorely missing. I hope we will get them. I don't know if they will get their own or pack but after seeing how mermaids turned out I do hope werewolves will get enough attention and will not end up as a half done side feature. I really hope if we get werewolves, they will be able to fully transform into a wolf form as in an animal form, not just 'hairy sims '

A medieval pack sounds interesting too, with no technology variants for computer, perhaps an object with an archive with books to look at and a paper to write things down. I think sims medieval has something like that for the wizard. I would love architecture elements to build castles, archery, a practice sword fighting object perhaps a fitting career. And of course CAS items for all ages so my medieval sims can have medieval sim toddlers and children.

Farming isn't high on my list, but as that has never been done before, I think it will be interesting to see what the team comes up with.

A sewing machine would be nice too, either with a farming pack or a hobby pack.

I like all these ideas, werewolves most, and they all have potential if they are implemented right. And there lies the problem with sims 4. Most packs have a narrow theme and a lot of features are shallow so I would prefer separate packs for these themes because I don't think they will be properly developed if they are all pushed into one pack. A combination like you propose would be a super pack but I don't believe they can pull it off with all themes being satisfying.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I would prefer farming to be combined with a greater variety of off-the-grid items suitable for many styles of play. And if werewolves are added, I would love that too. I am hoping for a wolf form, at least for those who own cats and dogs. I would buy both expansion packs then.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    I'd rather EA keep medieval and farming seperate from each other. Someone might want a medieval pack,but doesn't want to have anything to do with farm-related stuff;that someone doesn't even want to see anything farm-related in the pack. The same goes for someone who wants a farming pack,but does not want to have anything to do with medieval-related stuff.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I would really like werewolves to return. One of the occults we are still sorely missing. I hope we will get them. I don't know if they will get their own or pack but after seeing how mermaids turned out I do hope werewolves will get enough attention and will not end up as a half done side feature. I really hope if we get werewolves, they will be able to fully transform into a wolf form as in an animal form, not just 'hairy sims '

You know, thinking about this...

I'd love the hypothetical werewolves to have at least 3 forms (Human, Hybrid man-wolf, Wolf) too, but all the backlash about DLC for DLC from MFPS may have scuppered it.

After all, you would need Cats and Dogs to do a full transformation, which means Werewolves would basically be an expansion for Cats and Dogs. Either that or the people who own Cats and Dog would cry foul/recycled if you could design and play as a wolf without it.

(Never mind that per Origin's "most popular" list, MFSP is still up near the top and not just because it's new, as Moschino is at the bottom.)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I want all of it but separately. I can see farming and medieval being combined though not likely, however certain themes could potentially link them. It wouldn't make sense to add werewolves though. Although I could also see werewolves being added to medieval, but not to farming.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Werewolves would be what gets me to buy a farming pack tbh.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I think the Uni pack will bring Castle build objects, the letters that gamechangers received mention that the university has some of it original designs and their mascot is a dragon wearing chainmail.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    I am really hoping to see werewolves return soon. Ideally I would love them to have their own pack as I fear combining werewolves with farming could mean one or the other doesn't get enough attention. I want werewolves to be worthy rivals for my vampires and just as versatile with an anthropomorphic werewolf form in CAS and their own rank system from omega to alpha with different strength and weakness options. I also want a lunar cycle and body hair for all sims and perhaps a new world with a beautiful forest. Being a history nerd, I would also love a medieval themed world, which I agree could work well with werewolves (or perhaps even fairies). I think that's plenty for a GP, but I would be happy to have them as part of a larger pack as long as they are still well developed. I have been waiting so long, I'm getting a little desperate!

I am not particularly interested in farming, but there are some possibilities that could change my mind about it. After werewolves, I have also been hoping to see horses make a return with a horse riding skill, which could work well. I would also love a sewing and embroidery skill so my sims can make cute little decorations, baby blankets, and clothing to keep warm. I could see this in a farming pack or perhaps a generations or hobby themed pack.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited October 2019
    I can see the link, and I wouldn't be mad about it.

But the Pack should be titled "Werewolves" or something along that line. Unless it would be an Expansion then it could work.

The Life state should be the focus. everything else would be supportive. How do werewolves engage with Farm Living?
    Can/Will they target and devour the livestock and ravage the fields, when they go on rampages on Full Moon lit nights?

But A Medieval World could work. I would hope for Feudalistic society. A Castle/Prison designed to keep a werewolf (King/Lord) from getting out. will work a small village surrounding the castle, and farmland and forest on the outside.
    I would just argue that they don't make the castle a shell. I worked hard to build my castle, My castle has walls surrounding it, a Gate, a moat, Gardens, and Training grounds for the Knights and Sorcerers. I don't want to see Pre-designed/Public space structures surrounding my castle.

Ooh that would be a game changer if Werewolves could climb up walls, over fences, foundations, and had strength to break through doors and windows, and jump off one story buildings.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Werewolves, Medieval & Farming all in one full Expansion Pack with a very large world. Also, it must have the olden days objects, decor, hairstyles, outfits, cloaks, crowns, hats & the cellphone gets turned into an olden days telephone from the 1890s.
    The title of the game can be called: Historic Epic.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i need all of these, but separate. werewolves and medieval i wouldn't mind combined, but a farming/country living pack could be enough as is.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    All of these together seems a bit strange. Separately, I'd consider them.

I'm not much of an occult player like I used to be in TS3, but I could probably get into playing them again if we were offered more; so yes, werewolves.

I've never been interested in a farming pack.

I love all things medieval and the idea of a medieval-themed pack intrigues me, but when I think about it more I become doubtful. I don't know how such a pack could be implemented into this game, with the obsessive-use of electronics and overall modern aesthetic.
    Not to mention the style a medieval pack would introduce; again, I'd love it, but can you imagine randomly generates townies wandering around our modern worlds, wearing clothes from centuries ago?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd like a medieval werewolf farm, cos who doesn't like to farm medieval werewolves!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    I’d like farming and mediaeval combined, with no werewolves.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    xHeliodora wrote: »
    I’d like farming and mediaeval combined, with no werewolves.

The problem with the occults is that you can't turn them off - if you buy the pack, you're stuck with them. A lot of players would be very unhappy to have werewolves combined with farming or medieval. (Also, I think that if they did werewolves, it would require quite a lot to get them right, so those who do want them would get a half-baked version if farming or a medieval world were in the same pack.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimbodyLovesYouSimbodyLovesYou Posts: 2 New Member
    I would LOVE werewolves and medieval...Separately.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I kinda hope a medieval pack isn't coming anytime soon. There's no way to keep worlds separate, so you would see your medieval peasant manning the food stalls in San Myshuno or jogging in Oasis Springs.

They need to make the home neighborhood matter more regarding walk-bys or event invites first. I still get routinely invited to Selvadorada bar.
  • SLCCSLCC Posts: 10 New Member
    I'd love a comfy farmhouse.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Well, Farming does seem to lend itself to Werewolves akin to a tropical pack and mermaids, what with werewolves being creatures of the countryside, usually, as opposed to vampires who are almost always urban.

I don't think we'll get werewolves with as many abilities as vamps, though. Werewolves usually only have customization due to their feral and hybrid forms going for them, ability wise they often just brute force their way through threats.
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    I'd vote yes in a medieval pack in a heartbeat, one with it's own world and mini rpg-like quests (like strangerville but with repeatable events) would be nice.

Skills like fencing, medieval clothing and more armor, thrones you can sit on, more wall banners, dragon statues, crossed halberds wall decorations, I do love sims medieval decorations honestly.

They could add new lot traits, careers like becoming a knight or some manner of royalty, they could also add werewolves in to this but I'm one of those that hopes they will be more in line with skyrim: actual werewolves and not just hairy humans with sharp teeth

And yeah.. being able to /write without a computer/ would be a wonderful addition.. that has bothered me for ages

As for farming they could have medieval farming and I'd love that, farms were important to a lot of people back then.. But admittedly I would sort of prefer if they had that be separate, though I will say being able to make offerings to sprites and gnomes for a bountiful harvest could fit just fine regardless of if you're playing your sim as a medieval character or a western/country character.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    All of these together seems a bit strange. Separately, I'd consider them.

I'm not much of an occult player like I used to be in TS3, but I could probably get into playing them again if we were offered more; so yes, werewolves.

I've never been interested in a farming pack.

I love all things medieval and the idea of a medieval-themed pack intrigues me, but when I think about it more I become doubtful. I don't know how such a pack could be implemented into this game, with the obsessive-use of electronics and overall modern aesthetic.
    Not to mention the style a medieval pack would introduce; again, I'd love it, but can you imagine randomly generates townies wandering around our modern worlds, wearing clothes from centuries ago?

Yes, random generated townies would not be good!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2019
    It could work. Say your farm is set in medieval times. You would have sheep or some other animals. Wolves were scarry to people back then, well one could come by at night like vampires to raid your chicken house or steal a sheep. But what if it's a near by neighboring farmer? A werewolf? not just a hungry wolf? You could have a spinning wheel and loom instead of a sewing machine. Your Sim could make lots of stuff with those, clothes, curtains, blankets, rugs, covers, whatever. And sewing by hand was still a thing, if you had the threads. Rupkelstilcuns could be a supernatural in the game causing havoc to your Sims, and farms and your spinning wheels. :D (Need threads? have to strike a deal with him) >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I don't like it at all. Reason is farming wouldn't be focused on farming. They don't put as much to do in EPs as they did in Sims3. I want to shake my head everytime a simmer tries to add that many concepts to a pack, because Cats & Dogs and the Supernaturals being split shows us that this won't be the case. Not on the subject of the fact that they are more fleshed out that way, but staying on subject, I am talking about amount of content as you are trying to cram major ideas into one pack. They won't do it. If they did put another theme with farming besides off the grid, then we wouldn't be getting the stuff really needed for farming, which will be horrible because they probably will never revisit the subject again. I cringe everytime someone tries to add horses or wolves to Farming. Oxen ran plows and I don't see them making plows or buggies for horses, so they add nothing to crops and give nothing to sell. Off the grid, I can see. Horses should have their own pack with unicorns and Pegasus. Wolves should either be their own pack or paired with several in a larger pack. If we were to get a midevil pack, I would rather it be it's own pack as well for the same reason. Two huge ideas like that and neither would be fleshed out and they may never get back to them again with so much other content missing. The ideas are nice, but hopefully will be done separately to flesh them out.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'd be okay with werewolves (even if they came in a Farming pack, which I have very little interest in) as long as they look natural. Fairies are much higher up on my wants list. And frankly, I don't really think The Sims 4 needs anything Medieval. I mean, there's a whole Sims game dedicated to it already (The Sims Medieval, find it on Origin if you're interested I guess). I wouldn't mind body hair either, as long as it's optional and won't randomly appear on townies.
    funny-gifs20.gif