Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• emily1100emily1100 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @neuroticmars said:
    > I've got a new bug. Adults won't clean up dishes. They pick them up, take a step back, step forward and put them back where they picked them up. Oddly children can take those dishes to a sink or dishwasher and clean them.

Yes. me too. I've got tons of dishes piling up on counters and coffee tables. The only way I can clean them up is to drag them to a trashcan myself.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2019
    I encountered a problem with LittleMissSam's Small award overhaul ( https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/181198225583/small-award-overhaul-get-famous-this-mod-changes ), but I'm not sure if it's a mod problem or an error on my end:

Two of my sims got nominated for an award, both won, but they didn't receive the award. It was neither in their personal inventories nor in the household inventory. I think this may be because neither sim was famous (the mod description states that celebs level 1 win bronze, 2+3 win silver and 4+5 win gold).
    The award objects themselves seem okay, I was able to grab two trophies for my sims from debug and name them.
  • Stuiterbal1983Stuiterbal1983 Posts: 11 New Member
    I didnt get any LE when using cc beds, so, i might take the stupid chance with it(i just hate the in game beds soo much)

I did remove all mods and cc, and the bug was still there. I think it might be linked to my non working Origin launcher.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    > @SiliClone said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You need to open the file in Sims 4 Studio and look for the line I pointed in the tutorial. I'll look into the automatic tool someone made to batch change all of them together and see if that works.

Hey, thanks, but where can i find the tutorial? Feeling like a noob, but i have been searching all over. Is it on YouTube of something?

Right in the DL page:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/university-costs-31623191

Open my mod in S4Studio, on the right you'll have the tuning file, on the left the list of files. If you're not sure how to use the program try scrolling some tutorials in the S4studio forum, it's not so hard as it seems.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'll be on hiatus during the next two weeks so I won't be answering comments or uploading stuff.

That being said, there's a last update today with several new mods and also some updated mods at Deichschaf:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited November 2019
    @luthienrising but I do'nt have any career mods except for the ones I'm testing and I'm on deadpool's and Simrealist's discords as it is (I couldn't figure out how to get on yesterday of deadpool's discord but I figured it out eventually). and most of the mods are updated got them from this thread updated links
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I'm trying to install the new version of sims4studio wishes, but windows defender won't let me open the installer. It keeps saying it found a severe threat and deleting the file. Did anyone else have a problem with this?

Can someone please help me? I tried again to download sims4studio from the link on the first page of this thread, and it won't let me. I get a message saying "failed virus detected". I've always used sims4studio without any problems so I don't know why it won't let me download it anymore.
  • Stuiterbal1983Stuiterbal1983 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @SiliClone said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Right in the DL page:
    > https://www.patreon.com/posts/university-costs-31623191
    >
    > Open my mod in S4Studio, on the right you'll have the tuning file, on the left the list of files. If you're not sure how to use the program try scrolling some tutorials in the S4studio forum, it's not so hard as it seems.

Okay, I am beginning to get a little frustrated because i just cant mod the files. I cant even get to the files. Is there another way to use this mod, without almost becoming a modder? I am simply not equipped to do stuff like that.
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hello! Not sure if anyone said this already (there are 26 pages afterall *phew*) but Fogity's Unlocked CAS Parts 'causes my game to crash; it's was the only mod I had outside of an updated MCCC.

Thanks fer doing this btw, it's extremely useful but sure seems like a lot of work, lol. xo
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    I'm trying to install the new version of sims4studio wishes, but windows defender won't let me open the installer. It keeps saying it found a severe threat and deleting the file. Did anyone else have a problem with this?

Can someone please help me? I tried again to download sims4studio from the link on the first page of this thread, and it won't let me. I get a message saying "failed virus detected". I've always used sims4studio without any problems so I don't know why it won't let me download it anymore.

My computer flagged it as well and wouldn't let it load. (precaution.. did not say it was a virus, just that it didn't recognize it and blocked it in case it was bad) - I'm assuming you got this same error?

I got around it by installing the .ZIP option and extracting.. I couldn't even do the other one as an Administrator. The computer refused to let it run at all.
    emily1100 wrote: »
    > @neuroticmars said:
    > I've got a new bug. Adults won't clean up dishes. They pick them up, take a step back, step forward and put them back where they picked them up. Oddly children can take those dishes to a sink or dishwasher and clean them.

Yes. me too. I've got tons of dishes piling up on counters and coffee tables. The only way I can clean them up is to drag them to a trashcan myself.

My Sims are also doing this.. I thought they were just lazy and angry - since those are the traits of the family I was playing. LOL. But. Turns out, its all Adults in all households. I do have mods and CC installed, and i'm not bothered enough by it to go checking to see if its mod related though. I just throw in in the sink or dishwasher myself.

In my game, they collect all the dishes, and then leave them on the counter.. over and over.. Maybe i'll see if its mod related later, but idc atm honestly, since its not that big of a deal for me.
    edited November 2019
    Finally playing through my regular saves after applying the batch fix (and several from the past) - and I had a question.

Is the batch fix supposed to remove CC ?? I know about the backup, and have been putting my content back into my game, but I applied the batch fix, and then alll of my regular Sims- lost at least one article of clothing (if not more) for every outfit I had them dressed in. I remembered some of the outfits, and tried to re-dress them, and the content was literally removed from the game.

I am copying and pasting from the backup folder.. and its literally hundreds of items that were removed.
    * I'm still going through the backup folder, but so far, its TYAAE clothes, Child clothes, makeup, skin overlays, and jewelry.

Is this normal ? Did I do something wrong ? ++

EDIT: I've finished going through them all. Seems it was just the Seasons patch that removed that many. The Pets patch removed about 10 items in 10 different categories, but the Seasons patch literally removed 100-200 items (mostly in adult and child clothing) - Nothing in Toddler clothes though. Idk if this is normal or not. I never batch fix.. didn't know how/didn't need to/never had CC that affected. Until now... sooo yeah, I'm new to this. Apologies if there is somewhere else I should be posting this.. I couldn't find anywhere. :(
    Post edited by s_stutler on
  • kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    edited November 2019
    SiggDiggit wrote: »
    Hello! Not sure if anyone said this already (there are 26 pages afterall *phew*) but Fogity's Unlocked CAS Parts 'causes my game to crash; it's was the only mod I had outside of an updated MCCC.

Thanks fer doing this btw, it's extremely useful but sure seems like a lot of work, lol. xo

You may want to check what version of UnlockedCASParts you have. I tested my game with just the latest version of MCCC and Fogity's UnlockedCASParts (updated to RoM) and I had no problems other than the female boots from Get Famous are broken....

Edit: I just checked Fogity's site and CASParts has been updated for Discover University

Edit again: I just tested my game with just MCCC and Fogity's UnlockedCASParts updated to Discover University and I had no issues and even the broken Get famous boots were fixed...
    Post edited by kforti on
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited November 2019
    @luthienrising just informing you that apparently the DU patch caused an LE career Error which isn't mod related. So people should just ignore it if they don't have DU.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »
    Finally playing through my regular saves after applying the batch fix (and several from the past) - and I had a question.

Is the batch fix supposed to remove CC ?? I know about the backup, and have been putting my content back into my game, but I applied the batch fix, and then alll of my regular Sims- lost at least one article of clothing (if not more) for every outfit I had them dressed in. I remembered some of the outfits, and tried to re-dress them, and the content was literally removed from the game.

I am copying and pasting from the backup folder.. and its literally hundreds of items that were removed.
    * I'm still going through the backup folder, but so far, its TYAAE clothes, Child clothes, makeup, skin overlays, and jewelry.

Is this normal ? Did I do something wrong ? ++

EDIT: I've finished going through them all. Seems it was just the Seasons patch that removed that many. The Pets patch removed about 10 items in 10 different categories, but the Seasons patch literally removed 100-200 items (mostly in adult and child clothing) - Nothing in Toddler clothes though. Idk if this is normal or not. I never batch fix.. didn't know how/didn't need to/never had CC that affected. Until now... sooo yeah, I'm new to this. Apologies if there is somewhere else I should be posting this.. I couldn't find anywhere. :(

Since this is a Sims4Studio issue that you have, you should indeed head on over to the correct forum and post your question there.

http://sims4studio.com/
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    miasimxo wrote: »
    Hi. After testing my script mods in game I noticed I'm getting a MCC exception with AOM's playable pets mod (here: http://sims4studio.com/post/89311) I notice the mod hasn't been updated since the Get Famous patch in 2018 so I'm not sure if the creator is going to update it or if it's unsupported. I've never gotten an exception with any patches for this mod until now though, it has always worked without being updated. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the creator is planning to update it or if there's another mod out there that does the same thing. I did a quick google search and came up empty.

This is one of my must-have mods so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Why don‘t you post your question in the correct bug forum?

http://sims4studio.com/thread/11054/isuue-playable-broken-comment-field
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Hi @luthienrising and once again many thanks for your awesome work in this thread.

Sorry to be so late but I can confirm that, so far out of all the testing I've done, all my mods are compatible with the latest pack & update.

My Mods on MTS
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    I encountered a problem with LittleMissSam's Small award overhaul ( https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/181198225583/small-award-overhaul-get-famous-this-mod-changes ), but I'm not sure if it's a mod problem or an error on my end:

Two of my sims got nominated for an award, both won, but they didn't receive the award. It was neither in their personal inventories nor in the household inventory. I think this may be because neither sim was famous (the mod description states that celebs level 1 win bronze, 2+3 win silver and 4+5 win gold).
    The award objects themselves seem okay, I was able to grab two trophies for my sims from debug and name them.

@EnkiSchmidt None of your Sims where Famous? non where at least lvl 1 in Fame? If so i wonder why they got nominated in the first place? The Mod itself should work fine if you are at least level one in fame (Which is a hidden trait they get).

~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »

My computer flagged it as well and wouldn't let it load. (precaution.. did not say it was a virus, just that it didn't recognize it and blocked it in case it was bad) - I'm assuming you got this same error?

I got around it by installing the .ZIP option and extracting.. I couldn't even do the other one as an Administrator. The computer refused to let it run at all.

The .zip option worked. Thank you!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Apologies for not catching up right now but here's a heads-up:

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Mendota wrote: »

There is an issue with that site. It attempt to install Malware if you click on the downloads. I would stay away.

I use a 3rd party to make additional money to keep my site working through wordpress. Wordpress has limits for using images, etc. So no it's not malware, tons have downloaded and they have no issues :) use chrome. You may join as a Patreon alternatively and get downloads 3 week ahead.

I don't want to pick on you. I appreciate creators, and I know it can be difficult, but Edge and Chrome both sent up warnings. You might want to think about having your downloads on OneDrive or Google Drive. The cost would be low and the downloads faster and safer.
    edited November 2019
    Hi all. Could non-broken-mod/CC-related discussion please go elsewhere? Thanks. People can end up missing updates they need.

On that note...

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member

@EnkiSchmidt None of your Sims where Famous? non where at least lvl 1 in Fame? If so i wonder why they got nominated in the first place? The Mod itself should work fine if you are at least level one in fame (Which is a hidden trait they get).

That's correct. Markus is a pianist (nominated for a song he had licensed), Simon a writer (nominated for a lyrics book). They both have made some progress towards the first fame star, but not reached it yet. Non-famous sims getting nominated isn't a rare occurence in my game, b.t.w. They just never actually won anything.

But in any case it's good to know that the mod is okay!
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Would today's updates affect the mods?

*Any* update can affect mods. Please follow the general advice of backing up and checking your mods. If there are new broken-mod reports, I'll let people know (as will others here). However, I didn't plan in any time for that today. I'll try to catch up with reports this evening.