Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What rain/snow options do you use in your game?

Soon after seasons I got bored with how many rainy (and especially stormy) days my sims had to bear. I liked having storms and blizzards, but felt those were way too frequent. Now I've been playing with just rain and snow enabled and my sims get to enjoy a lot more sunny days throughout the year. What options do you use and why did you pick those?

What rain/snow options do you use in your game? 135 votes

All enabled, rain and thunderstorms & snow and blizzards
87%
CK213Kita5399Icewolfalexspoom13alan650111IceyJrjhenn14AyradyssPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarmcruddIsb917Simburiankeekee53asimbsimbabajayneelanorbretonravynwolvfinvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83 118 votes
Just rain & snow
5%
mlmeadowsMissmagoo2anosesrandy2355mustenisimoleoncatRouensimsAngeliqueAdelaide 8 votes
All disabled, no rain or snow
2%
Writin_Regmat555EnkiSchmidtStutum 4 votes
Other combination
3%
bshag4lvSilentKittyAtreya33AriaMad2netney52 5 votes

Comments

• rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    I have thunderstorms and blizzards active bc I wanted to feel like it was more realistic to where I live... thunderstorms frequently on summer nights and lots of snow in winter..but I just finished a summer in San Myshuno and there was legit thunderstorms for DAYS, all day and many days. That was frustrating.

I still kept it as is, though
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Other combination
    Most of the time I have them all enabled but every now and then I disable weather because I want to play relaxed without worrying if it will rain on a community lot in another world.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    Frequency of rain and storms depend on the world you're living in. Brindleton Bay is the absolute worst for rain. If I want to avoid it, I just choose wisely when selecting a world to live in. (The deserts, obviously, are best for hot, sunny weather and little rain.)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Other combination
    Everything enabled but I have modded the game to have less rain.

Thank Llama for mods <3
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    All enabled, BUT I would like if we could turn down the sound of the thunder cracking during a thunderstorm. It is so much louder than everything else and a bit annoying.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited November 2019
    All enabled, but I've been tempted to turn off the thunderstorms in Brindleton Bay whenever it looks like it's thundering the whole week and my Sims are too tense to do anything else but stand on place. I usually just make my Sims travel to another world during the thunder season in BB. They just go home only to sleep. Oasis Springs has been an amazing escape world.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Other combination
    Different seasonal annoyances for different neighborhoods. OS, only rain and thunderstorms, no snow, WC gets everything, Sulani gets no snow of course, the rest get the brunt of the weather. :D With that being said, MCCC has a great idea, click on the mailbox to get the weather you want, much easier to use than the weather machine and cheaper too.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I almost never turn the weather effects off.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I just roll with what the game gives me.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Just rain & snow
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Frequency of rain and storms depend on the world you're living in. Brindleton Bay is the absolute worst for rain. If I want to avoid it, I just choose wisely when selecting a world to live in. (The deserts, obviously, are best for hot, sunny weather and little rain.)

I play rotationally and my sims live in all of the worlds. I originally got tired of the storms & blizzards when playing a trailer park kind of lot where sims had to go outside to get to the kitchen etc. I really like that lot and seasons ruined it, lol.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Other combination

Thank Llama for mods <3

What mod do you use to have less rain? It sounds interesting for some worlds.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2019
    All disabled, no rain or snow
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Different seasonal annoyances for different neighborhoods. OS, only rain and thunderstorms, no snow, WC gets everything, Sulani gets no snow of course, the rest get the brunt of the weather. :D With that being said, MCCC has a great idea, click on the mailbox to get the weather you want, much easier to use than the weather machine and cheaper too.

That's a thing? If so, then I might get Seasons, after all! I'm often using Sims 4 to set up picture stories, so I need to be able to summon exactly the season and weather I want. And dismiss it again at a whim. Is that possible with MCCC (I already have MCCC, just not Seasons EP)?

As for the poll, no weather at all atm for control freak reasons. I swap seasonal mods in and out for environmental changes and my weather consists of buyable, placeable rain and snow whenever needed.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    musteni wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

I play rotationally and my sims live in all of the worlds. I originally got tired of the storms & blizzards when playing a trailer park kind of lot where sims had to go outside to get to the kitchen etc. I really like that lot and seasons ruined it, lol.

I'm playing a trailer park lot, too. :) It's in Brindleton Bay and they have to do laundry outside. The clothes have to stay dry for a certain number of hours and in Brindleton it's nearly impossible to accomplish this. So believe me, I know how frustrating it can be, lol. I just roll with it and consider it a challenge to check the weather and find the best time to do laundry. I'd rather do that than move this particular family because I like the lot I've chosen for them. It keeps things interesting.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Just rain & snow
    I'm quite surprised that I seem to be the only one utilizing these in game options. I've seen so many people complain about it raining too much. From my experience having just rain and snow makes seasons really enjoyable and balances out the weather nicely. I suspect that the game just slaps on those days with thunder instead of taking the rainy days and adding thunder to some of those. The result is that it rains very often. That said I also think I will try turning blizzards and thunder on again at some point. I miss the lightnings and I'm not against a bit of a challenge either.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    All on. I find the differences between the worlds make up for how it might snow a lot in one place, rain a lot in another, and then be sunny all the time in yet another.

Where I live, we get a decent amount of rain in the summer and tons of snow in the winter, so it's natural to me anyway. My game still experiences plenty of sunny days, more or less depending on the world I'm in at the time, but I enjoy the variety so I keep it the way it is.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    All enabled but I have death by weather turned off because it was annoying and unrealistic.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I have it all enabled, weather was something that I really wanted in Sims, and when it was added in Sims 2.. It quickly became a much needed feature in any Sims game for me. I love the storms in Sims 4, I couldn't play without the weather disabled. It adds so much to the game for me.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    This is the pack that brought the game fully to life for me. Especially playing rags to riches challenges because now they’re actually challenging and I fully enjoy them. I love hustling to try and have at least basic shelter before the weather turns on me.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers! i like all the weather, because it's close to reality, and its a game :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Always leave the settings at default. Except just once I turned thunderstorms off when I noticed in the calendar a Sim was scheduled to get an entire week of thunderstorms after already being tense from thunderstorms the previous week. I could've just bought him the storm chaser perk or carefree, but this particular Sim didn't have near enough satisfaction points for either one.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I rotate and play with all of the weather. I haven't continuously played through days of storms yet, fortunately. I kind of like experiencing everything. I wonder if the weather in each world is the same for everyone or if there is just a tendency to spawn certain types of weather in certain worlds. I change worlds enough that I don't know.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    All in.
  • LDraconisLDraconis Posts: 35 Member
    I play with everything on, because I grew up in a place where heavy rain and thunderstorms like that are normal. Yeah the sims freak out until they learn to like it (there are perks to cover these things), but again, that is just normal for me :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited November 2019
    Other combination
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Thank Llama for mods <3

What mod do you use to have less rain? It sounds interesting for some worlds.

lessrainmoresun by Bienchen. She has so many good mods, she is here on the forum as well.

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/jahreszeiten-seasons/
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Other combination
    I normally have snow and blizzards on, but I have thunderstorms off. Lightning makes me uneasy.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€