Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Guys. The Sims 4 has memories.

What? Where?

If you take a screenshot, you can go view them in game, and make them memories. When you do, an option to remember that moment will come up, and it will give your sim.a noodle based on how they felt when the screenshot was taken.

noodle 🤣
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

Yep. And they’re different emotions based on what the sim was feeling at the time (I don’t think that uncomfortable memories are a thing, I took a screenshot of one of my sims when she was about to pee herself and pass out from exhaustion, and it was a sad memory). Also, more than one sim can have that memory, as long as they were in the screenshot.

Wait, are you saying that the taking of screenshots actually curates memories for sims?! That might explain some things.. But seriously is that true? Or did I misunderstand? Are the memories there regardless, or only manifested when screenshots are taken?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I had no idea until now that when a vampire meets the sun (and dies as a result) their ghost has full vampire powers still, and they are immune to the sun, AND can still function as vampires! With a burning sun floating suspended in their transparent chests.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    If you want to woo the Grim Reaper, it's A LOT easier as a ghost. (As far as I've seen, he only accepts romantic interactions from the dead.)
    You just made plans for my newly-minted vampire ghost!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    If you want to woo the Grim Reaper, it's A LOT easier as a ghost. (As far as I've seen, he only accepts romantic interactions from the dead.)

You won’t be able to kiss or anything like that, but you can still do things like cuddle and give massages. I headcanon that Grim is asexual, but not aromantic.
    edited November 2019

You won’t be able to kiss or anything like that, but you can still do things like cuddle and give massages. I headcanon that Grim is asexual, but not aromantic.

I've been able to have Cassandra Goth marry and have children with Grim, by adding him to the household and then selectively adding and removing his Reaper Trait and getting them to woohoo, and then adding the trait back amidst the acts, and sure enough, they were able to kiss, and woohoo, etc. with the deep Reaper voice, black smoke, and everything, working. They couldn't start off that way, but they could finish that way. And it produced a son who had pale skin like Cassandra but the same strange face as the Reaper, with inhumanly large eyes, and a sort of genderless round, almost baby-face, and a daughter with a normal face and features, but the same dusky skin color as what Reapers have if you change their clothes, and they have a face floating without a neck.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Yep. And they’re different emotions based on what the sim was feeling at the time (I don’t think that uncomfortable memories are a thing, I took a screenshot of one of my sims when she was about to pee herself and pass out from exhaustion, and it was a sad memory). Also, more than one sim can have that memory, as long as they were in the screenshot.

Wait, are you saying that the taking of screenshots actually curates memories for sims?! That might explain some things.. But seriously is that true? Or did I misunderstand? Are the memories there regardless, or only manifested when screenshots are taken?

Basically when you take a screenshot, it lets you add it as a memory in the screenshot manager, and adds a mood to that screenshot of how your sim was feeling at the time. I've heard there's a way for the Sims to review those memories but never figured out how so not sure if they can lol If you delete the screenshot though the memory disappears.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    [quote="Nushnushganay;c-17324448"][quote="Simtown15;c-17324138"][quote="Nushnushganay;c-17324043"][quote="Simtown15;c-17317799"]If you want to woo the Grim Reaper, it's A LOT easier as a ghost. (As far as I've seen, he only accepts romantic interactions from the dead.)[/quote] You just made plans for my newly-minted vampire ghost!

[/quote]

You won’t be able to kiss or anything like that, but you can still do things like cuddle and give massages. I headcanon that Grim is asexual, but not aromantic.[/quote]

I've been able to have Cassandra Goth marry and have children with Grim, by adding him to the household and then selectively adding and removing his Reaper Trait and getting them to woohoo, and then adding the trait back amidst the acts, and sure enough, they were able to kiss, and woohoo, etc. with the deep Reaper voice, black smoke, and everything, working. They couldn't start off that way, but they could finish that way. And it produced a son who had pale skin like Cassandra but the same strange face as the Reaper, with inhumanly large eyes, and a sort of genderless round, almost baby-face, and a daughter with a normal face and features, but the same dusky skin color as what Reapers have if you change their clothes, and they have a face floating without a neck.[/quote]

I've yet to see the Grim Reaper in my game as most of my Sims are immortal. Can you only build a relationship with him if one of your Sims dies or can he ever be found randomly strolling about like other townies?
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    Spellcasters who have learned the duplicato spell can duplicate a money tree.

A Sim from any household can visit the lot with the money tree/s on it and harvest the moneyfruit if they wait long enough.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2019
    When you press the + keyboard key while placing furniture in buildmode the furniture cicles through its abailable patterns

*This seems to not work now*
    Post edited by Alexciel on
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @WhatCobblers He can be seen around town, but only after he’s been generated, which requires a sim to die.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    You can "introduce" sims to other sims by using the Other Sims...Talk About Another Sim interaction.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    edited November 2019
    @WhatCobblers - can he ever be found randomly strolling about like other townies?

He used to show up in some of the bars. That's got me thinking, he hasn't shown up for awhile now.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    @Simtown15 and @February11 - Grim Reaper around town and in bars

Thank you for the tips. Will keep a lookout.
    A random thing noticed: one of my sim toddlers, whenever he is potty training, sings/ hums the first line of 'Row Row Row Your Boat' whilst on the potty. Has anyone else had this happen?
    The range of shower singing is also quite funny to listen to. :D
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    A random thing noticed: one of my sim toddlers, whenever he is potty training, sings/ hums the first line of 'Row Row Row Your Boat' whilst on the potty. Has anyone else had this happen?

I've never noticed that before, but it sounds adorable. ^-^
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    The range of shower singing is also quite funny to listen to. :D
    I very rarely potty train my toddlers, I'm a bit of a slack-o in that department!, but I will next time to hear it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    You can "introduce" sims to other sims by using the Other Sims...Talk About Another Sim interaction.

That's awesome I never knew that!
  • simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    Cold, rainy, Harvestfest evening in Brindleton Bay. Lyudmilla Goth, a young adult, shows up at my door, shivering and in tears. My sons and I try to cheer her up. I look away for a moment and suddenly she is dead, in my pool. Which has NO WALLS AROUND IT. She wasn't even tired or hungry. Can sims... kill themselves now?
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited November 2019
    A random thing noticed: one of my sim toddlers, whenever he is potty training, sings/ hums the first line of 'Row Row Row Your Boat' whilst on the potty. Has anyone else had this happen?...

Cute! I'll have to listen for that...
    ...The range of shower singing is also quite funny to listen to. :D

Oome nu, ah twyah.....Fen arla....Nib knob veeya vis var....Ah wus ibiz....Warmick, warmick abarot, whooo! (OK, I'll stop... :p )

On the Grim Reaper topic, @WhatCobblers , I have never seen him about town in any of my Saves that I don't have Aging On.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Cold, rainy, Harvestfest evening in Brindleton Bay. Lyudmilla Goth, a young adult, shows up at my door, shivering and in tears. My sons and I try to cheer her up. I look away for a moment and suddenly she is dead, in my pool. Which has NO WALLS AROUND IT. She wasn't even tired or hungry. Can sims... kill themselves now?

Was it a storm? Sims can get electrocuted while swimming/in hot tub outside in a storm.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »

you can also "talk up" another sim and sometimes they will even start dating
  • The_GhostThe_Ghost Posts: 10 New Member
    Had a question, do sims you don't control go on with their lives? Example do they find jobs, get married, and have children?
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited November 2019
    The_Ghost wrote: »
    Had a question, do sims you don't control go on with their lives? Example do they find jobs, get married, and have children?

Only if you have a story progression mod like MCCC. otherwise, they won't have babies on their own or get married on their own. you will have to go into each household and "get things moving for them" so to speak. Some townies may show up as vendors or NPC's at bars and the like but once you play them they will lose that job and another will fill their spot.

Edit: are you meaning households that you have never played or households that you went in, tweaked a little and then left alone?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    You can trash another sim. I did this once and when the sims in question met, they fought!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top