Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 Virtual Reality

Comments

• Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Regular single player PC and now console has worked well for 4 iterations. If it ain't broke don't fix it. There's other areas they can get imaginative.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Most people have said what I think (that this isn’t a good idea) but I’m just going to add the horror of woohoo in VR🤭 no thank you! It’s like a Black Mirror episode waiting to happen.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Not for the sims no I mean I get it and VR has its place like in Flight Simulation and Elite but not the Sims5 I am sorry I just can’t see it working.
  • JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I think I'm dizzy just thinking about it.

And poor since those VR headsets are so expensive.

No longer true. I bought a used Samsung Odyssey for $200. There are other affordable headsets, especially for Windows Mixed Reality.

Anyway, I don't wanna wait for TS5, though. I'd try VR now if it were available for this game. Don't see it happening any time soon, if ever. Not enough VR owners, so there's little incentive for them to do this.

lmao, you're lucky if you're able to consider 200 dollars as not expensive.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2019
    Jnyx wrote: »

No longer true. I bought a used Samsung Odyssey for $200. There are other affordable headsets, especially for Windows Mixed Reality.

Anyway, I don't wanna wait for TS5, though. I'd try VR now if it were available for this game. Don't see it happening any time soon, if ever. Not enough VR owners, so there's little incentive for them to do this.

lmao, you're lucky if you're able to consider 200 dollars as not expensive.

Well, it's all relative, I guess. It's not expensive compared to what we paid for our computers. It's also not expensive compared to other headsets. Many of us have already spent more than $200 on this game alone, not to mention what we spent on Sims 1, 2, 3...
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited August 2019
    @IceyJ what about those of us who suffer headaches being dizziness after watching an IMAX movie at like te Science Centre? WE wouldn't be able to play VR because of that. OR if we wear glasses.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited August 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @IceyJ what about those of us who suffer headaches being dizziness after watching an IMAX movie at like te Science Centre? WE wouldn't be able to play VR because of that. OR if we wear glasses.

Then don't play it in VR. Play it in regular mode. I don't think anyone's asking for a VR-only game, just a VR-supported game. You can either play in VR or play normally. Your choice.

EA would never make The Sims VR only, anyway. You have nothing to worry about. People who wear glasses can still use VR, by the way. Some headsets have enough room inside for them, or you can order a lens accessory that matches your prescription.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member

Then don't play it in VR. Play it in regular mode. I don't think anyone's asking for a VR-only game, just a VR-supported game. You can either play in VR or play normally. Your choice.

EA would never make The Sims VR only, anyway. You have nothing to worry about. People who wear glasses can still use VR, by the way. Some headsets have enough room inside for them, or you can order lens accessories that match your prescription.

I personally can't wear contacts because of how huge my hands are. I can fiddle just enough to put a hearing aid battery in my hearing aid. Not to mention how easily I get upset
    6adMCGP.gif

EA would never make The Sims VR only, anyway. You have nothing to worry about. People who wear glasses can still use VR, by the way. Some headsets have enough room inside for them, or you can order lens accessories that match your prescription.

I personally can't wear contacts because of how huge my hands are. I can fiddle just enough to put a hearing aid battery in my hearing aid. Not to mention how easily I get upset

I can't wear contacts either, because my eyes are too dry and I hate using eyedrops. The VR lenses that I mentioned actually go into the headset, not your eyes. https://vr-lens-lab.com/
  • Gilles8001Gilles8001 Posts: 729 Member
    Some of us won't be buying VR. Cause some of us do not want to learn something new.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No thanks. I prefer my Windows PC thank you.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nope. Not frying my brain to cook virtual pancakes. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited November 2019
    Nope. Not frying my brain to cook virtual pancakes. :D
    Then don't; it will have VR support thus optional, I for one will play it in VR, I want to immerse myself, it will be FUN!
    VR support is where it supports VR and you can play it in VR or flat screen whenever you want, having VR support would benefit both VR users and flat screen users, much like how no mans sky has VR support. Bethesda could of done it that way but... yea..>.>

Fry brain? wat? this is not sword art online...

Edit: as for those that say "why play it in VR when you can do things IRL?", everyone has their tastes of how they play their games, do not tell us how we should play our games, if we want to immerse ourselves then we will. Also the real world kinda bores me atm hence why I do this.

Edit 2: also check this out. trailer made by fandom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHaCyDJ1FHA

If only it was real...

Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • simsgames2324simsgames2324 Posts: 20 Member
    That would be really fun lol
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Oh I found something interesting regarding VR.
    Sorry, I have to post this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYKGcKarzgc
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    If TS5 is going to be VR, I won't buy TS5.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member

No longer true. I bought a used Samsung Odyssey for $200.

That's expensive. I'm playing the Sims on a 5 year old laptop. I have no money to replace it. When it dies it dies.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    It would ruin the point of the sims for me. The Sims isn't supposed to be a first person game... and well, I already play a VR first person real life simulation every day anyway ;)

I agree. The graphics are stunning but the gameplay is terrible.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

edited December 2019
    Revenwyn wrote: »

No longer true. I bought a used Samsung Odyssey for $200.

That's expensive. I'm playing the Sims on a 5 year old laptop. I have no money to replace it. When it dies it dies.

Even so, the laptop probably cost more than $200 at the time of purchase. My point remains that cost is relative, and many of us spend hundreds (even thousands) on our computers and The Sims games but consider VR too costly. :|
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    If TS5 is going to be VR, I won't buy TS5.

VR is an option, it doesn't have to be forced on anyone.
    I hope that if and when they come out with Sims 5, there will be an option to use VR or not. I am an old fashioned guy and just hate the thought of everything going VR.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no i much prefer the sims5 to be like the current sims game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Now if they added the features of 3 and 4 it would be a perfect game
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I wouldn't mind VR as long as it's just an option.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I don’t care if VR is an option, as long as they don’t take away from playing the game like it is played now. I don’t play sims in first player, it doesn’t interest me to do so. I often control more than one sim. I do play Minecraft in first player ( not VR), and sometimes that game will make me dizzy.... lol.