Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Voted Stuff Pack - Let's do this again!

Comments

• SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member

So, I voted for Happy Haunts, lol, but it was harder then I expected! There was a lot of interesting features from other ideas that I really liked. For instance, I loved the holographic friend idea ( <3<3 ), catchable void critters( <3 ), as well as portable telescopes and microscopes and I loved the idea of knitting sweaters and mittens plus glass blowing sounded cool!

At this rate, I think I'd be happy no matter which direction this goes :) (still got my heart set on Happy Haunts tho, lol :wink: ).
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    So when are we getting the results?

We're aiming for roughly 1 week after each voting period ends.

And when does this voting period end?
  • SimGuruFrostSimGuruFrost Posts: 55 SimGuru (retired)
    snurfles wrote: »
    Where am I supposed to click to vote? I see only a page telling me about the upcoming vote. What am I missing? Thanks for any help! (I am signed into the site so that's not the problem.)

Vote here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZGKF6WB?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_survey-stuff-pack-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=61379&ts=1574296171725
    So when are we getting the results?

We're aiming for roughly 1 week after each voting period ends.

And when does this voting period end?

All of our announced voting periods are here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/choosing-new-stuff-pack
  • Bubblygirl29Bubblygirl29 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love to have arts and crafts as you can only paint and gets boring painting the same things but happy haunts will be my second vote.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    The Haunt pack is a possibility, but only if there are cool monster sims such as werewolves. I don't want a Ghostbusters pack. I would also consider a science and tech pack, but only if it had functions like time-travel or a digital world, Digimon style or Sword Art Online. I need broader options. I don't just want a whole heap of new items. I want a pack that offers more gameplay. Why does this have to be a stuff pack? Most of us don't want stuff packs. We play the game for the fun of living crazy lives, not owning the coolest stuff. Sorry, but unless you cover more life-states and gameplay elements, I won't be happy with another 70s 80s and 90s pack.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    Wait, catchable voidcritters? Give me that one!
  • SterkinsenARTSterkinsenART Posts: 124 Member

YES!!!! Can we PLEASE make this happen?!? I've already created some ghost-catching characters since I first started playing this game, and now I want this pack to happen!!!

<3<3 #HappyHaunts <3<3
    81987d4a8411597adb288ba728d8edf22cc7574a.jpg
    Sims-4-Dragon.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&dpr=1.5
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    A little worried about the age & gender questions at the end. Will people within the target demographic (millennial girls) count more? Will older peoples' votes count for less? I feel like these must be important, otherwise they'd just make this vote totally blind.

well I did mark my millennial girl privilege just in case they'd be that plum and voted for:

Theme 1.
    A & C
    1. Embroidery 2. Knitting

Theme 2.
    Happy Haunts
    1. Psychic Career 2. Grim Reaper Career

if they wanted to target me please just target me with one of these

I sort of wish there was option to mark some gameplay options you really don't want though
    because I bet it would have flipped rankings for some people if they could say
    ''i really like this theme but i really hate this one option so I'd rather other theme if it is that one''
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    YES!!!! Can we PLEASE make this happen?!? I've already created some ghost-catching characters since I first started playing this game, and now I want this pack to happen!!!

<3<3 #HappyHaunts <3<3
    81987d4a8411597adb288ba728d8edf22cc7574a.jpg

I'm trying 😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • OohdemollyOohdemolly Posts: 22 Member
    I want it all!!
  • simmersizzlersimmersizzler Posts: 36 Member
    yay that is awesome, it'll be fun to take another one of those surveys again.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Hello. Happy Haunts appeals to me the most, especially the ghost hunting and more opportunities to interact with ghosts. I play Sims primarily for the opportunity to imagine wacky stories and invent quirky characters so this one would be great.
    I'm afraid the Science and Tech one disappointed me a bit as it seemed a lot of the proposed ideas for this could already be done in existing packs.
    What I would also be interested in is more variety of face to face interaction between Sims, instead of more things for them to do on their computers and phones, as personally I find watching their behaviour much more fun than watching them typing or texting. (Sorry, I'm probably showing my age a bit here but just a thought. :-) )
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    More games Sims could play together perhaps? Or to actually see the crazy schemes they propose to each other? (Recruit a Ghost Hunt team, etc).
  • dneilldneill Posts: 33 Member
    > @alexspoom13 said:
    > A bit disappointed with the choices. My vote would probably go to the Arts & Crafts theme, with Science & Tech second.
    >
    > Where's the Teen Stuff? Elder Stuff?

Same here.
  • WinterWitcheryWinterWitchery Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay but hear me out: Self-Care Routines has the potential to be more in-depth than just "yay let's be fit and vegan and make healthy recipes" (which I still love anyway, totally my jam, but not the point). Self-Care: super important when it comes to anyone with a disability. Routines: a good foundation for care for anyone with disabilities. Okay. See where I'm going with this?

If this isn't the chosen stuff pack, then please oh please make it a game pack that's disability-focused. They've talked about how wheelchair users could use the elevators in the past, so wheelchairs are something they're probably already looking into making. How awesome would it be to have sims use mobility aids, hearing aids, use sign language. To have autistic sims and sims with the game-equivalent of DID. To have added struggles/moodlets from PTSD and depression, or have recurring physical symptoms. To have a gameplay element for medications. Careers based on psychology and physical therapy. Obviously they can't go too far into the serious weight that needs to be given to covering these conditions, but that's typical for sims anyway, where we're given (ironically) a more accessible version of gameplay elements, such as the cultures in City Living being more of a blend of cultures instead of specific ones.

Okay, maybe I've read into just the name of the pack way too much, but all these ideas are super exciting to me, a person in a wheelchair who lives with many mental health conditions and chronic pain. To me, it is literally more unbelievable that my self-sim would stand by a bookcase reading a book without severe back pain or falling than it is for my self-sim to become a master spellcaster.

Self-care is awesome, and I would love it if they tied in disabilities.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I couldn't decide between Arts and Crafts and Fun-Tech until we hit Happy Haunts. Happy Haunts blew the others out of the water for me and 100% stole my heart. I NEED it in my game. LOL That Grim Reaper Freelancer career sounds like a lot of fun! I want that game play addition so badly!!!
    I second that emotion!

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So if polling ends tomorrow will we find out which won... this week?
  • JibsTheCowboyJibsTheCowboy Posts: 2 New Member
    What we really need or the people need right now is a Rock Band expansion pack with all kinds of instruments where all the sims can combine all the intruments and play together in a band, perform, tour all that kind of stuff i am very sure people have been waiting for this for a long time now and it is supposed to have like back in sims 3 but with sims 4 you guys can make it way better. i bet this will be a big hit for an expansion pack win-win for both consumers and developers. ;)
  • JibsTheCowboyJibsTheCowboy Posts: 2 New Member
    sims nowadays have been getting the wrong and not necessary expansion packs and stuff packs the sort, you guys should go back in time again and look at the old series and see what have we been missing out or what we really need those days were the days.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I voted for Arts and Crafts, with Happy Haunts second - only because I couldn't put them both in first place. Seriously, they're tied. Can I get both, please?
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    I'm hoping for either arts and crafts or happy haunts, though i personally chose happy haunts (I have a few vampire/spellcaster sims that i would love to make use of this pack with)
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited November 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I really really really want Arts and Crafts
    but Happy Haunts is okay too if I can't have that

middle ones not so much

I want Arts and Crafts also! If not, then I want "Happy Haunts"! The other ones seem so boring. I think the Pottery Wheel would be neat, and the seance table.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    I voted happy haunts first with arts and crafts second, we could have a bit of fun with happy haunts.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited November 2019
    Okay but hear me out: Self-Care Routines has the potential to be more in-depth than just "yay let's be fit and vegan and make healthy recipes" (which I still love anyway, totally my jam, but not the point). Self-Care: super important when it comes to anyone with a disability. Routines: a good foundation for care for anyone with disabilities. Okay. See where I'm going with this?

If this isn't the chosen stuff pack, then please oh please make it a game pack that's disability-focused. They've talked about how wheelchair users could use the elevators in the past, so wheelchairs are something they're probably already looking into making. How awesome would it be to have sims use mobility aids, hearing aids, use sign language. To have autistic sims and sims with the game-equivalent of DID. To have added struggles/moodlets from PTSD and depression, or have recurring physical symptoms. To have a gameplay element for medications. Careers based on psychology and physical therapy. Obviously they can't go too far into the serious weight that needs to be given to covering these conditions, but that's typical for sims anyway, where we're given (ironically) a more accessible version of gameplay elements, such as the cultures in City Living being more of a blend of cultures instead of specific ones.

Okay, maybe I've read into just the name of the pack way too much, but all these ideas are super exciting to me, a person in a wheelchair who lives with many mental health conditions and chronic pain. To me, it is literally more unbelievable that my self-sim would stand by a bookcase reading a book without severe back pain or falling than it is for my self-sim to become a master spellcaster.

Self-care is awesome, and I would love it if they tied in disabilities.

I don't agree about the self care one. And autism needs to be portrayed accurately. No two people with autism are the same. It's a spectrum disorder that ranges from low functioning autism to high functioning autism and Aspberger's. Many people with high functioning autism and Aspberger's DON'T want a cure.

"Sesame Street" did a poor job of portraying autism, they did great in the beginning with Julia the muppet UNTIL the "Sesame Street" teamed up with "Autism Speaks", ever since "Sesame Street" teamed up with "Autism Speaks" in portraying autism, "Sesame Street" and "Autism Speaks" portrayed autism as something that needs to be cured.
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    So if polling ends tomorrow will we find out which won... this week?

They've mentioned further up in this thread that they are aiming to release results a week from the end of each poll's closing day :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top