Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple of issues after installing DU

I'm posting this in general, because I'm not sure they're exactly DU related, but I've only noticed them after installing it. I tried some googling too, but couldn't find answers:

1. My spelcaster has problems eating. I can tell her to pick up a serving, and she starts eating it, but if I don't pay attention, she's suddenly somewhere else, doing something else and has stopped eating, even if her hunger bar is still yellow. She will finish eating, but only if I keep an eye on her, and make her start eating again as soon as she stops it.
2. Mermaid's hydration bar goes down really fast. I have been playing several sim weeks with my mermaid, but only after installing DU, have I started having trouble with keeping up his hydration bar. It usually goes all red during his workday, even if it was full, when he left to work. This didn't happen before.
3. Sims can't always take care of themselves, if left home, while playing on another lot. Sometimes, while I'm playing one sim on another lot, I check how the others are doing back home, and now I've increasingly started to notice that even if I click the "take care of self" several times, one of their needs might still end up red, even when all the others are (almost) completely green. For example, one sim was doing otherwise completely fine, but her energy bar was red, and kept going down, no matter how many times I tried the "take care of self" -button. Only, when my other sim got home from that other lot, I could make her go to bed, by which time, she could barely get there.

So, just curious, has anyone else notices these kinds of minor bugs? Or something else after installing DU?
01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

Comments

• Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have! I love DU but I have several issues since installing, not only has my performance just taken a general hit (which is expected), but I have started to have massive issues where the game just cant catch up. I find myself often having to put the game on pause in university because nothing is loading and I have to give it a chance to catch up (this includes the day/night cycle just pausing, delays in action menus coming up when clicking, actions like 'go to class' dont even come up and when they finally do my sims will spend a good 30 minutes ingame just standing outside of the class building before they bother to go in), it usually takes about 30 seconds for the game to finally load everything while on pause. And I get that there are always bugs, but these are pretty game breaking. (I noticed that since DU, my game maxes out my cpu load, even when its just sitting on pause)

I'd suggest going to the bug reports section and press me too on any known issues that you can find there that are affecting you as well.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I'd suggest going to the bug reports section and press me too on any known issues that you can find there that are affecting you as well.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png