Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Just regarding the whole discussion on commenting and some people getting ignored - I honestly tend to gravitate towards posts that use the premades, because I'm already familiar with them. Especially any post that uses my favourites (the Vatores, Johnny, and Morgyn). It's also why I've been posting more with them than with Jamie, since I have this thing about honestly not knowing how much people want to see an OC.

I will absolutely try to comment more, though!

@Becka28 yeah, I have the same issue. If there's something that jumps out at me, I comment on it, but otherwise sometimes I'm just not sure what to say!

@Hoverael went back and read your last post, will try and keep doing so :) Jameson seems like a bit of a plum, be interesting to see how he responds to his kid and Sandra!

@Steamvarius I know I haven't commented on your posts before, and I'm sorry about that. One reason I haven't read your posts as much is because I've found it repetitive, and also the aesthetic kind of squicks me a little? (Which is my issue, absolutely not yours! Roddy is adorable, it's more the adult women with the big bright pink lips and, uh, enhancements that make me go 'huh'.) But honestly, I do have a lot of respect for just how much love and affection your family shows each other, and that you do your own unique thing!

@DarkAngel1994 oh jeez, so many toddlers! I don't blame Duchess for sleeping on top of the fridge, really! And yikes, maybe you should put a toddler-proof fence around the cowplant? (When Jamie was doing the Freelance Botanist aspiration, I built a doorless shed around it, then immediately deleted it once it was grown. They make me nervous!)

Time for New Year in-game, and that means that once the new year starts, I'll be turning on ageing, and turning on the MCCC options to allow marriage, pregnancy, and all that! A few Sims are not going to age - of the non-vampires, the Sages are immortal by virtue of their position, Jamie has taken the potion, and Johnny has lore reasons that'll be explained presently but I'll be turning on Immortal just in case anyway. Also a few aliens and other non-human characters (Crystal Gems, Aziraphale and Crowley, et cetera) won't be ageing either.

So things should start changing for other characters! When I do updates, I'll include what's going on. Should be interesting!

Before we jump over to Chateau Vest for the New Year celebrations, here is Sage, being a cat.
    quDplhj.png

'Twas the night before Chri- whoops, wrong holiday.
    It's the second-last night of the year, and Johnny has some very spiffy new work duds.
    M53n7do.png

Caleb's favourite appliance breaks ;_;
    x91UIKo.png

Lilith gains a new skill.
    OeU8Lot.png

Johnny gets back from work.
    kMOZwj3.png

Breakfast of leftovers, and then it's time to party!
    qfrHlB8.png

New Year dawns! The TV room, where the midnight action will take place, gets decked out.
    xdwRmJy.png
    Caleb it is literally 8:30 in the morning.
    jRM083d.png

Confetti!!
    MSoSDsO.png

Resolutions! Johnny is ambitious, so getting another aspiration milestone fits him well. For Caleb, the same - he just needs to make another three more friends to complete his Friend of the World aspiration! Lilith decides to exercise her creative muscles with some new skills, and resolves to write a book!
    h7PiXo4.png

I am not sure what to call this dance move.
    rcSMaXX.png

Dance battle! Johnny seems... a little more confident than Caleb.
    QLUa8Bi.png

Smooth moves!
    CuRImJV.png
    pt9voYv.png
    UWWlZCb.png

...not so smooth move.
    SF5LW5N.png

ngl I'd laugh too sorry Caleb.
    GUVhI0P.png

"I'm okay! Nothing hurt but my dignity!"
    StyRtUV.png

"GREAT JOB BRO"
    dD9dBPf.png

I mean it's great he's getting more comfortable around her!
    W7UkSFO.png

Good new years TV!
    kjIW9V7.png

Even the furries are getting in on it ;D
    bOTl6cT.png

...I'm sorry is that Miss Hell flirting with Vlad?! Plus side, Caleb is too busy flirting with Johnny to notice...
    jxSmREp.png

It's almost time!
    BjpxpTI.png

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 --
    yCfVMca.png

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    85ejX5n.png
    KgQgoO4.png
    rwOA8kb.png

It's okay, Lilith. This'll be your year for finding your happiness! Caleb and Johnny are doing great - it's your turn to have a wonderful time!
    SDpCwjP.png

Good night, but now the human is getting sleepy.
    aLpvqkO.png

Caleb detaches himself from his boyfriend and shares a toast with Lilith.
    j4hSMc7.png

Having a romantic partner is great, but for Caleb, his twin is his best friend for life (and unlife).
    Dm1QfrB.png
    LNEs6RD.png

Johnny goes to bed, and the Vatores spend some much-needed time together.
    WpxjgXP.png
    2yk5764.png

Lilith goes to do her first workout of the year...
    5vlfTpB.png

...while Caleb sends happy new years texts to everyone he knows...
    BblBmGf.png

...and goes to curl up next to his sleepy boyfriend.
    TYkyGaP.png

Happy new year from Chateau Vest!
    arRGOW4.png
    HUlPkBV.png
    RUDG2bO.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @AlwaysAsking it was very nicely done, ill have to use for a happier family too.

No you were right on the money they dont really care, her father was glad but her mother basically doesnt think shes good enough because of her rebellious ways.
    Morgyn is a real mixed bag I feel like he's the type that threw himself into studying but never gave in to peer pressure so now all his awkwardness comes to front. He means well, sometimes.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    The daughters of Blair and Makoa became teenagers.
    7e5c6a1c3694bb24d1ef03366fb5ebc860c067ad.png
  • Options
    TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    edited November 2019
    So I was worried about my game for a little bit because it was still laggy after I merged all my CC, but somehow it kicked itself into gear and is going fine now so I'm not sure what that was all about!

Morgyn loves being a stay at home dad but he started thinking about his time in the magic realm and how much he misses mentoring people. It was so fulfilling helping sims understand magic, the look in their eyes when they finally got a spell perfect. He wished he could go back to that, and was also getting a bit antsy about not being employed. Then one day when he was eating, a thought popped into his head - Why doesn't he become a professor! That way he can continue to teach and still have time for his kids!
    kEdddaO.png

So he hopped on the computer and applied for university
    TMsKkTb.png

He also applied for a scholarship - the Glimmerbrook resident one, so he could get out of some of those pesky student loans.

The thought of becoming a professor was so exciting to him that he immediately began to practice by helping Star with her homework
    wGVMHF5.png

Now he had to play the waiting game, but a few days passed fairly quickly and soon the mail arrived. Morgyn eagerly went to the mailbox to fetch it.
    UFWFrd2.png

Success! He was accepted, and even got accepted into three separate distinguished degrees as well! He also qualified for the scholarship. Morgyn was on a role!
    8S41US4.png

Morgyn decided to go to Britechester university and do a psychology degree, because that sounded quite interesting to him.

This was just the beginning of his educational journey! He would make himself into the best teacher all of simdom had ever seen yet!

In the meantime, Star and Peitrie were spending quality time together, eating and doing arts and crafts :heart:
    pR0adFv.png

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Steamvarius Don't feel sad at all! I can honestly say your story is one of my favorite in this thread! I love your sims, they look nice (i love "extraordinarity"). They have such strong family bond. I absolutely enjoy Shine's jungle adventures. In her first (i believe) trip to Selvadorada it was hilarious to see her all covered in black spots from fire I guess. She is so magnificent and seeing her like that made me laugh very hard.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @ryttu3k lol! i see caleb doesn't only fall on his face when he does yoga! there is more! :D:D
    surprisingly i must admit i love their kitchen. i hate red and black combo because it looks cheap to me but wow i love the kitchen very much
  • Options
    TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    @all the people talking about getting ignored in the thread/not feeling creative/interesting enough

I think we all feel like that sometimes. I personally feel like my posts get overlooked sometimes, and that I don't always get replies to comments I've made to people but this thread goes so fast it's easy to miss things. So much is going on, and a lot of the stories are so in depth that if you're not 100% keeping up with them you loose too much of the plot to understand what is going on. For that reason sometimes out of respect I skip over certain people's stories because I haven't seen the from the beginning and don't want to have to make them explain everything they've already put out.

I also tend not to always reply to things myself because sometimes I don't have the mental energy to type out replies to every single response I get, so I'd understand if people don't answer me because in the past I myself haven't responded to them. It's all a catch 22 really.

But in saying all of this, everybody's stories are equally awesome and creative, and just because I don't comment on them (or nobody else does) doesn't mean they aren't being seen/read and enjoyed. It's lovely just to see the diversity of everybody's games and just how everybody makes the sims world their own! <3<3<3
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I agree with @TheLastStar

Yes, it is hard to keep up with everyone else's posts. This thread is moving really fast. I woke up and there were 29 posts!
    I don't comment much because then it feels too cluttered here for me and it is hard to see some shorter updates. For me. So that's why I like or awesome the posts I read, which is the majority (As I said before I skip parts with long, like really long text). I like or awesome randomly, it dependes which "button" is closer to my cursor :D Usually it is awesome because I like to keep it on the right side of my screen. Weird, I know.

I comment only when I have to unstoppable need, desire, to do so. Like when something really really catches me. Because then my comments would be like: I love it! I enjoy it! It is so cute! ... and that is very repetitive and imagine if everyone would do this here. That would be a real mess. I don't like mess.

Anyway, I am a simple girl. I see family - I like it. Which is for example @Jase 's Fresh legacy. It is lovely and fun to read. And I feel like he doesn't get enough love because he doesn't pop here so often. If you read this I'd like to say that yesterday I found your plum tree (in another thread) and it was great to see how the sims I know from this thread are connected!
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    @Hoverael I awesomed both the original and your post, because it was awesome of you to be so helpful!

I third the advice on hashtags. You don't have to delve into what they mean in social media overall, just pick words that people could use to search for your house, like starter or modern or colonial or whatever, and post them with a #. It helps people who are looking for a specific type of house find yours if it fits their needs. For my Addams Family, the second time I uploaded them I used #AddamsFamily and also one for each character's first name. They got over three times as many downloads as the first time.

I may be doing another comment post soon in which I'll see if I can give you some helpful feedback on your last few story posts. It would be helpful to know what kind of feedback you want. Are you looking for suggestions as to how your story is going, the type of pictures we like, or what kind of specific questions do you have? I usually just pick out my favorite thing or the thing I'm most curious about to comment on from each post, because I'm usually trying to respond to several pages worth of posts at once. But if I know what you're looking for I'll do what I can. Bear in mind that I can only find time for that much commenting once every week or two.

hmm. alright, i'll give the hashtagging a try and see how that works out. Now i need to find a correct and up to date list of tags to use so i reach the right places on the matter.

--

That would be fantastic and months ago i was looking for the same thing. So for now at least anything you think could be relevant to the stories would be helpful like the types of pictures or any questions you have, because keeping it engaging and having the community interacting with the Sandra story along the way means it should always remain interesting. As mentioned in a previous reply everyone has their own lives to run, so whenever you hve the time for it. :smile:

I'll take anything i can put into such stories by playing out the Huntington III family out as well to run alongside Sandra's family. a few replies back someone asked why Jameson was angry? so playing from that point of view of Jameson and Jade as well could solve that, even though it will get away from Sandra for one or two updates. it'll be a nice challenge as well to create another storyline for the occasional play into Jameson's life.
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    @Hoverael went back and read your last post, will try and keep doing so :) Jameson seems like a bit of a plum, be interesting to see how he responds to his kid and Sandra!

Yup and that is a question i'd like to answer on Jameson, and how he responds to Sandra herself, assuming she is even interested to come out to talk to him. That'll be an interesting conversation because now her son has chatted to him, she can't protect him from his fathers influence if he keeps coming around. That brings up an interesting question about Jade though, what does it mean for her when her husband is mysteriously disappearing?

interesting.. got some ideas floating around for the Huntington family going forward, just need to explore them out and come up with something going forward.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    @ryttu3k Because Sonya has demonic powers of course! Take her out before her powers get too strong!

Sooooooooooooo recap, Luna and Samantha have been kidnapped. Despite Bruce saying not to get the cops involved, Ariel still called them.
    Cop 1: "Good thing you called us, we're the best cops in the city!"
    Crystal: "What's with the ghost?"
    Cop 2: "She's our ghost sidekick! She has her own catchphrase!"
    Ghost: "Those kidnappers don't stand a GHOST of a chance against us!"
    Cop 1, Cop 2 and Ghost: "Oh hohohohohohoho!"
    Yeah, let's not get the cops involved with this.
    PrNNULs.png
    Well, time to the Bruce-Cave. Dust off the cobwebs down there Ol' Bruce.
    DFOGjn6.png
    Bruce: "Computer, trace the last phone call from the kidnappers."
    Computer: "Insert another 50 cents to complete this action."
    Bruce: "Very well."
    2iPOADp.png
    And there's Samantha!
    SxG4ybj.png
    Bruce: "Wait, JUST Samantha?"
    bSUlg7v.png
    Kidnapper: "Yeah, we only have one of your kids. That'll be $25,000."
    wyE65Ze.png
    Bruce: "Fine, here's the money and go. If I wasn't so disgusted in you I'd probably join you because this seems like an easy way to make a living!"
    Z9BCE3d.png

Hooray! Happy ending!!!....Well I mean, happy middle, that definitely wasn't the end....
    Bruce: "Hey guys, I rescued Samantha!"
    Ariel: "What about Luna?"
    Bruce: "Working on that."
    jCrQRee.png
    If Bruce is going to find Luna he's going to have to pump those flabby arms.
    E99eje4.png
    And his workout machine got struck by lightning. If this isn't a message from the universe I don't know what is.
    qR2KcQN.png
    Meanwhile, Disney can suck an egg. If Bruce-Man is coming out of retirement he's going to go classic!................I mean he had to find a Boba Fett costume in his size....and unfortunately that XXX-Large Costume's helmet wasn't a one size fits all helmet so....This is as good as it's going to get. NOW he's going to get to the bottom of this kidnapping.
    1vlGYGp.png
    Uh oh, a Supervillaness has showed up! Perhaps she knows who kidnapped Luna.
    A2LLxvm.png
    But boy, did she pick an awful time to pick a fight with Bruce.
    fAyIlsr.png
    TIgEFEr.png
    Superhero: "Hey boss, I'm coming back to base, was going to take down Sonya but.....her father looks particularly angry today."
    WWTipI4.png
    Mustache-Man: "Oh man, I came here to raise terror. But alas, no one takes me seriously enough for me to do anything."
    NV7YKaE.png
    Bruce: "Now where's my daughter?"
    Villainess: Gurgle gurgle
    Bruce: "Ah yes, a crushed trachea. Went a little too hard on you.
    Villainess: Guuuuuurrrr
    0oGMh8K.png
    Bruce: "Begone with you!"
    G65wx7m.png
    Oh, Bruce got a call from the kidnappers. Turns out that Supervillainess had nothing to do with the kidnappers. Dang, she died for nothing.
    PdUQd81.png
    Quick, pump those flabs.
    ZItpFOZ.png
    Bruce: "Alright kids, going to rescue your sister. If I don't come back, continue doing what you're doing."
    Bruce says, in a potential last message to his family.
    26BydQU.png

This is it, the final confrontation with the people who kidnapped his daughter. It has all been building up....for the last 24 hours or so.....TO THIS!
    Bruce: "Seriously?! Back in this cave?!"
    CGAm71t.png
    Kidnappers: "Surprise! We lied, we also had your other daughter."
    Qp9KYQ0.png
    Bruce: "REALLY? Where did you even keep her?"
    Kidnapper: "Well when you were rescuing your other daughter, we had this one stashed in a bush somewhere else."
    Bruce: "You dastardly fiend!"
    eiVeVGE.png
    Kidnapper: "Yep, totally just did this so we can get another $25,000 out of you."
    Bruce: "Sigh, well my kids are worth every penny! Even if that's one of the last pennies I had."
    b26jQMt.png
    Mustache-Man: "I bet you were wondering who was the one that arranged this kidnapping. Turns out it was I, Mustache-Man, who bided my time for the last decade to enact my master plan!!!"
    tUwOC9C.png
    Mustache-Man: "Now, I awaken my true power and am no longer 'Mustache-Man'. Oh no, I am now....BIGOTE MALVADO!"
    PiarszV.png
    Bruce: "Dude, I'm having a tender reunion with my daughter!"
    6etwf2s.png
    Bigote Malvado: "Aww, no one ever takes me seriously."
    C8sNiNz.png
    Hooray, Luna and Samantha have been saved! What a happy end-.
    0AkcwMM.png
    Bigote Malvado: "Not so fast! It may have taken me all day to walk to this island paradise from that one cave, but I, Bigote Malvado, am here to put an end to Bruce-Man!"
    S3wEEgI.png
    And so the battle between Bruce-Man and Bigote Malvado has begun!
    x0nMyPA.png
    Lbtilz7.png
    Bruce: "Ah, my jaw and my entire body!"
    dAQ40tU.png
    Bigote Malvado: "AHHH, MY MUSTACHE!!!"
    6KiGJ86.png
    No one will ever take his Mustache seriously again.....because he's dead and will promptly be forgotten.
    tAEqAMo.png
    Sonya: "Seriously? Did you just try launching a sneak attack on me while my dad was fighting that Supervillain?"
    eRCpkka.png
    Superhero: "We will bring you to justice one day, Sonya!"
    z7lbUni.png
    Snap YAY! SONYA COMMITTED A MURDER! Wait what?
    7aqrFFw.png

And time to wind it all down with the aftermath.
    And thus, the Kidnappers and that Mustache guy were defeated and the family was reunited with their daughters.
    4xKzfDb.png
    Bruce: "Seriously, leave Sonya alone! Her sisters were JUST rescued from a kidnapping!"
    COTQKXa.png
    And that's when Ariel made a delicious turkey dinner to celebrate the return of Luna!
    t4Ycu3W.png
    Bruce: "Man, using all those superpowers sure makes a man hungry, also being old and overweight makes me hungry as well."
    pHWAzJq.png
    Samantha: "Hey guys, you guys know I was kidnapped too right? Like, it seems like we're only celebrating Luna's return and not mine."
    5LYQz3G.png
    And no one cared.
    31CWkmq.png
    But seriously, we should keep an eye on Sonya.
    EwYkRhx.png
    So long Mustache-Man, if only we knew that you were planning such atrocities while making those sand castles.
    F7YWqiv.png
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @ryttu3k, 511
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess that means that I keep doing what I do?

@DoloresGrey, 511.
    Thank you for the feedback, also.

Recently, Roddy went to Villa Bovine:
    11-13-19_9-47-11%25C2%25A0AM.png
    When he had been seated, Roddy saw Grandpa Advarius, and chatted for a while, catching up on the adventures in Selvadorada. He and Shine were going over there again:
    11-13-19_9-58-17%25C2%25A0AM.png
    Roddy's food arrived, and he tucked in:
    11-13-19_9-59-34%25C2%25A0AM.png
    In no time at all, he finished his meal:
    11-13-19_10-02-44%25C2%25A0AM.png
    After his plate had been taken away, Roddy asked one of the waiters to send his compliments to the chef:
    11-13-19_10-04-46%25C2%25A0AM.png
    Roddy then paid for the bill:
    11-13-19_10-06-13%25C2%25A0AM.png
    And went home:
    11-13-19_10-09-58%25C2%25A0AM.png

Spoiler time!
    Later on, Roddy went over to Primrose Hearth. He chatted to Dudley Brinson:
    11-13-19_10-41-12%25C2%25A0AM.png
    And then Carol gave him a big hug:
    11-13-19_10-44-55%25C2%25A0AM.png
    On the top floor, Roddy bought Carol up to speed with his and Shine's adventures in Selvadorada:
    11-13-19_10-50-57%25C2%25A0AM.png
    And then they had a cuddle:
    11-13-19_10-52-27%25C2%25A0AM.png
    Dudley then came upstairs and gave Carol a kiss on the cheek:
    11-13-19_10-53-32%25C2%25A0AM.png
    And then Carol and Dudley talked to each other:
    11-13-19_10-56-25%25C2%25A0AM.png
    Afterwards, Carol gave Roddy several big smooches on his face:
    11-13-19_10-56-56%25C2%25A0AM.png
    11-13-19_10-57-32%25C2%25A0AM.png
    Roddy went bright red and giggled. Carol had covered his face in big, shiny, bright pink lipstick smooches:
    11-13-19_11-00-41%25C2%25A0AM.png
    He then used one of his makeup removal wipes:
    11-13-19_11-01-11%25C2%25A0AM.png
    Carol smiled and gave Roddy a big loving hug:
    11-13-19_11-01-44%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'Don't worry about the lack of gatherings, dearie. Me and Jessica Lacey understand that you're quite busy' Carol said:
    11-13-19_11-01-47%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'Thank you, Carol!' Roddy replied, relieved:
    11-13-19_11-01-55%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'You're welcome, dearie!' Carol said, smiling sweetly and batting her eyelashes at Roddy:
    11-13-19_11-02-31%25C2%25A0AM.png
    Carol then gave Roddy another big loving hug:
    11-13-19_11-04-11%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'Well, I'd better get going. See you later, Carol!' Roddy said, waving goodbye:
    11-13-19_11-05-30%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'See you, dearie! Have fun in Selvadorada!' Carol said, waving back. Roddy set off back to Dianthus Hall, and arrived safely.

And another spoiler!
    When Roddy arrived back at Dianthus Hall, Shine was waiting. She gave her son a big loving hug:
    11-13-19_11-14-43%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'Are you ready to go, sweetie?' Shine asked:
    11-13-19_11-15-17%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'I'm ready, mummy!' Roddy replied, cheerfully:
    11-13-19_11-15-08%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'Then off we go!' Shine said, giving her firstborn another big loving hug:
    11-13-19_11-16-13%25C2%25A0AM.png
    The pair got in the taxi and set off for the airport.
    Bonus Picture
    I'm more of a 'UI free' screenshot person, but at least they did fix it, amongst other things:
    11-12-19_10-49-25%25C2%25A0PM.png
    I think a few more display cases might be in order:
    11-13-19_10-17-58%25C2%25A0AM.png
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @Steamvarius Actual lipstick kisses on the cheeks? That suits well your story! Nice to see your characters in TS4!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited November 2019
    My position on the whole constructive criticizm thing to anyone it may concern...
    There are simple rules I established for myself for such things in the internet:
    1) Don't participate in activities unless I see them enjoyable regardless of other people's involvement.
    2) Say genuinely nice things about other people's work or say nothing.
    I comment when a comment pops up in my head, and when I have nothing else to say other than "I like your update" or "that's awesome!" I use the respective reaction buttons.

I don't seem to be able to get involved or interested in some people's stories, for different reasons, yet I don't feel like I must help someone improve or change them for me - there are many of us here, to each their own.
    It's selfish both ways, yeah, but it's really not my goal here to become anyone's proofreader.
    So no critisizm, constructive or not.

I wholeheartedly admire and appreciate what @AlwaysAsking or @Daephene or @sarabeth2984 and others are doing, commenting on every update, but not everyone here is ready for the same level of commitment and it's their call.

I already posted it here once, but that's what makes posts more attractive for me personally:
    1) clear pictures of the sims you are talking about
    2) finite number of characters I can keep track of
    3) not much text, 3-5 lines in between pictures is what I'm comfortable with
    4) less drama more fun - I like occasional drama, but constant drama tires me, fun is always fun

• Options
    edited November 2019
    @Hejix, page 511.
    Thank you!

When Shine and Roddy arrived at Hillview Hideaway, Carla Robles was there. 'Hello again, Shine! It's good to see you!' Carla said, cheerfully. 'Good to see you too, Carla!' Shine replied. Carla smiled and walked over to Roddy:
    11-13-19_11-36-13%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'Hello sweetiepie! How are you doing?' She asked:
    11-13-19_11-37-25%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'I'm doing fine Carla!' Roddy replied cheerfully. 'Awww, that's good to hear!' Carla said, beaming. She gave Roddy a big smooch on the cheek:
    11-13-19_11-37-29%25C2%25A0AM.png
    11-13-19_11-37-58%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'Nice hairstyle there, Carla!' Roddy said, cheerfully:
    11-13-19_11-39-20%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'Thank you, sweetiepie!' Carla said, smiling sweetly. She gave Roddy a big loving hug:
    11-13-19_11-40-26%25C2%25A0AM.png
    'I'd best let you get on with unpacking. See you later, you two!' Carla said, waving goodbye to Shine and Roddy. 'See you, Carla!' Roddy waved back. When Carla had left, Roddy and Shine unpacked. Afterwards, they had a cuddle on the sofa:
    11-13-19_11-43-45%25C2%25A0AM.png

This calls for a spoiler.
    Shine and Roddy went to the marketplace. Shine worked on identifying an artifact:
    11-13-19_12-20-13%25C2%25A0PM.png
    This tourist was feeling angry, so Roddy came over to see what he could do to calm him down:
    11-13-19_12-22-33%25C2%25A0PM.png
    11-13-19_12-22-59%25C2%25A0PM-2.png
    Roddy managed to get the tourist to calm down:
    11-13-19_12-23-12%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Meanwhile, Shine had just identified the artifact as a genuine vase. Nancy Landgraab came over to chat:
    11-13-19_12-25-43%25C2%25A0PM.png
    The Landgraabs lived in Oasis Springs, the same place that Dina and Henry, the Furystrykar twins and Amber Stein (my version of her, anyway) lived. Shine and Nancy chatted together:
    11-13-19_12-28-07%25C2%25A0PM-2.png
    'Oh yeah, this is my son, Roddy' Shine said, smiling. 'Hello!' Roddy said, waving:
    11-13-19_12-30-07%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Hello Roddy!' Nancy said, waving back:
    11-13-19_12-30-10%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Nancy gave Roddy a hug:
    11-13-19_12-30-42%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy then chatted to Nancy, talking about the previous trips to Selvadorada:
    11-13-19_12-31-37%25C2%25A0PM.png
    And then Nancy gave Roddy a kiss on the cheek:
    11-13-19_12-33-01%25C2%25A0PM.png
    11-13-19_12-33-16%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Nancy Landgraab turned to Shine. 'Your son is very cute' she said:
    11-13-19_12-34-04%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Thank you, Nancy. Roddy's very understanding of people, and he doesn't like seeing a friend of his feel sad. That's why he usually tries to calm people down' Shine said, looking fondly at Roddy:
    11-13-19_12-34-46%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'That's really sweet!' Nancy said, smiling at Roddy. She then blew a raspberry at Roddy, making him laugh:
    11-13-19_12-35-11%25C2%25A0PM.png
    After talking for another few hours, Roddy and Shine said goodbye to Nancy Landgraab and went back to Hillview Hideaway.
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @TheLastStar Morgyn would make a great professor! That's my plan for them if I ever decide they're going to leave Sagehood.

@DoloresGrey I figured the red and black combo was something Caleb would pick out! Signature colours and all! There's more yellow along with red in the living room to account for Lilith's taste, and the study is much more Lilith's domain, colour-wise. I wanted to balance it out.

@DoodlyDoofus I honestly have no idea what to say about those cops other than a long, drawn-out groan. One daughter rescued, at least! Yeah, pretty much anyone wanting to get in Bruce's way is going to have a rough time. Gasp, Mustache-Man!! WIPE THAT 'STACHE OFF HIS FACE. ...Oh okay and take some of his face with it. A happy ending!

@Steamvarius yeah :) If it makes you happy, then absolutely go for it! I like your display cases, by the way, for Jamie's place I just spammed the OMSP shelf... a lot, heh. Also, I am in awe of Roddy's powers in being able to make Nancy Landgraab act like a human being :o
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    I third the advice on hashtags. You don't have to delve into what they mean in social media overall, just pick words that people could use to search for your house, like starter or modern or colonial or whatever, and post them with a #. It helps people who are looking for a specific type of house find yours if it fits their needs. For my Addams Family, the second time I uploaded them I used #AddamsFamily and also one for each character's first name. They got over three times as many downloads as the first time.

I'm now dipping my toe into the water on the issue to see how cold or hot it is. Created a new starter and it's on the gallery now with those hashtags as mentioned. Now depends what happens, if there is enough interest within a few hours, then i may add it to more stuff in the future.
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    There's been a massive baby boom in my game recently. Pregnant women everywhere. I suspect my MCCC may have gone a bit haywire, I didn't think 21% was all that high but apparently it is.

Any way, Bob and Eliza ended up having triplets! 3 boys, Alan, Bernardo and Ulysses. I gave the babies a more fitting room and hired them a nanny, no way can that be easy!

afr95Gk.png

There's actually been quite a lot of boys born and a lot of women pregnant with twins. Unfortunately many have had to end because they were with teens, married men or extremely random sims :/
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @ryttu3k, page five hundred and eleven.
    Thank you! Every time my sims start a new collection, I tend to add another few display cases, increasing the length of the collection room.

Back at Hillview Hideaway, Shine and Roddy saw Carla Robles yet again. 'Hello again, Shine and Roddy!' Carla said. 'Hello Carla!' Roddy said, waving. Carla smiled and gave Roddy a big hug:
    11-13-19_12-39-03%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'What's been happening in your family sweetiepie?' Carla asked. 'Well, I went out for a meal at Villa Bovine, in Newcrest. I bumped into Grandpa Advarius, and we caught up. Then I went to see Carol Brinson, a friend of mine, and a member of The Order of the Pink. I'm the leader of the Order of the Pink' Roddy said. 'Seems like you've been quite busy, sweetiepie!' Carla said, cheerfully. Then she gave Roddy several big smooches on the face:
    11-13-19_12-42-19%25C2%25A0PM.png
    11-13-19_12-42-42%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy went bright red and giggled. Carla had covered his face in big lipstick smooches:
    11-13-19_12-44-20%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy then used a makeup removal wipe:
    11-13-19_12-44-45%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'I think you're awesome, Carla!' Roddy said, beaming:
    11-13-19_12-45-31%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Thank you sweetiepie!' Carla said, smiling sweetly at Roddy:
    11-13-19_12-45-38%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy and Shine then said goodbye to Carla, and went inside.

Spoiler time.
    Roddy felt tired, so he climbed into bed and fell fast asleep:
    11-13-19_12-48-41%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Shine tucked him in:
    11-13-19_12-49-27%25C2%25A0PM.png
    And gave him several big smooches on his face:
    11-13-19_12-49-56%25C2%25A0PM.png
    11-13-19_12-51-22%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Shine had covered Roddy's face in big, shiny, bright pink lipstick smooches:
    11-13-19_12-51-24%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Sweet dreams, sweetie!' Shine whispered:
    11-13-19_12-51-29%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Shine then changed into her favourite sleepwear outfit:
    11-13-19_12-52-49%25C2%25A0PM.png
    And climbed into bed, falling asleep instantly:
    11-13-19_12-52-57%25C2%25A0PM-2.png
    11-13-19_12-53-11%25C2%25A0PM.png

And another spoiler.
    First to wake up was Roddy:
    11-13-19_1-29-15%25C2%25A0PM.png
    A bit later, Shine woke up and changed into one of her hot weather outfits:
    11-13-19_1-31-53%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Shine then went to the vanity table and got freshened up, reapplying her shiny, bright pink lipstick:
    11-13-19_1-32-48%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy watched:
    11-13-19_1-32-50%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Shine then sprayed herself with her favourite selvadoradan bee and spider repelling perfume:
    11-13-19_1-34-52%25C2%25A0PM.png
    She then checked herself in the mirror:
    11-13-19_1-36-03%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Shine then gave Roddy several big smooches on his face:
    11-13-19_1-41-06%25C2%25A0PM.png
    11-13-19_1-41-26%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy went bright red and giggled. Shine had covered his face in big, shiny, bright pink lipstick smooches:
    11-13-19_1-43-36%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Thanks for the lipstick smooches, mummy!' Roddy said, still blushing, but smiling brightly. He removed the lipstick smooches from his face using one of his makeup removal wipes:
    11-13-19_1-44-06%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Shine smiled, and gave her son a big loving hug:
    11-13-19_1-44-47%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'You're welcome, sweetie! Ready to go exploring?' Shine asked, smiling sweetly and batting her eyelashes at Roddy:
    11-13-19_1-45-16%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'I'm ready for more adventure, mummy!' Roddy replied:
    11-13-19_1-45-02%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Shine smiled and gave her firstborn another big loving hug:
    11-13-19_1-48-46%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Then the pair cuddled:
    11-13-19_1-51-02%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Then off we go!' Shine said, cheerfully:
    11-13-19_1-56-15%25C2%25A0PM.png
    The pair set off for the trailhead.
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    I read everyone's posts.
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you
    @AlwaysAsking Interesting to read about Thorne's experience and feelings about Don.
    @DoodlyDoofus Happy both Luna & Samantha were saved from kidnappers.

Angela & Lilith
    49116672812_86a5e54e10_c.jpg
    As a Foxbury spirit member Lilith put toilet paper on the statue at UBrite.

49115981113_108d4d4b95_c.jpg
    The student in black & white shirt disliked her action. So Lilith taunted his UBrite university.

49116483631_a96f40d2a1_c.jpg
    Angela painted with the arts guild. Right now the arts guild seems to be the only guild in my game that isn't bugged. For the other guilds no members show up or it is impossible to visit lots when a guild happens there. Hope it is fixed soon.

49116672627_2863a49cc2_c.jpg
    Lilith became friends with servo Mac.
    Both girls got A++ on their exams.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited November 2019
    @sarabeth2984
    Don might be gone, but his memory lives on in his many children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. If only his gravestone wasn´t missing...

@ryttu3k
    Thanks for the sources. Can´t blame you for evicting the Villareals - premade houses tend to have the best locations, especially in smaller worlds like Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow.
    I have some kids and teens in my other save that I want to send to Uni, but I am waiting for it to come to sale before I get it, too many bugs to pay a full price for me. From this save I´d send Ryan for sure, the gloomy, forgotten middle child who has the misfortune to be the only human in the family of vampires and spellcasters, he needs something going on in his life too :D
    I have been thinking of merging my saves, both to save my faves from mourning their mortal family and friends and because I really miss the rest of my sims. The only problem is that it would mean that I would have two different versions of Caleb, Morgyn, Cassandra, Lilith and Morgan Fyres running around, because I refuse to give up on either version. But then again it´s the Sims, having a clone from another universe is likely not even the strangest thing that could happen :D

@AlwaysAsking
    Hermione´s breakup with Dominic was only briefly mentioned, with no pics, so it´s entirely possible that you may have missed it.
    The geme give this version of Cassandra the self-assured trait upon aging up to young adult, so she surely is not suffering from being too shy to take what she wants.
    Morgyn is not the type to pass a chance to wear a pretty dress. Cassandra´s witch outfit is a homage to the other Cassandra, who is indeed a witch.
    I never got around to telling you what become of Alexander Goth´s son, who was still a toddler at the time of his death. Lots of time has passed since then, that´s what the now teenage boy looks like jD6A5Zi.png

So what has Hermione been up to of late?
    She travelled to the Magical Realm to feed her pet cowplant, Mara. Isn´t she cute? jjh73LR.png
    Hermione and Emmanuel dated for two days before breaking up. It didn´t take him long to get over her, because he married someone else the next day. Makes me wonder to whose infidelity the MCCC notification was referring to...

Paka´a Uha, the notorious vampire-lover, knocked up yet another vampire lady. His wife appears to be unaware of it, since they are still together.
    Caleb´s wife Rowenna divorced him because he is a vampire. Umm... maybe you shouldn´t have married him to begin with, then, because everyone who spends five minutes with Caleb could tell that he is one? The guy hisses a lot. As the divorce left him homeless, Hermione offered him a place to stay. Caleb cooks for her and she provides him with the potion of plentiful needs, one dose being enough to take care of his thirst for a day.

Morgyn visited and set himself in fire. Why do they never learn to not stand too close to the fireplace? fi2Qymo.png He is okay, since Caleb had good sense to autonomously extinguish him before I even told him to do it.
    Lily invited Caleb to Myshuno Meadows to talk. He tried to impress her with his bartending skills DhYLJCd.png
    but poor Lily was too busy giving herself a pep talk to notice 4JkA54p.png
    "What is wrong with you? Why did you call him, have you forgotten what happened the last time? No, we are just friends, it´s alright..."
    Once she calmed down enough to sit down, Caleb was able to share the suspicion he´d had for some time now Df6N4B7.png
    Caleb: "I think that Don was murdered. Call me a fool if you want, but people don´t generally get striken by lightning while indoors."
    Lily: "A murder? I heard that there was a curse involved, something to do with the relics he used to love so?"
    Caleb: "A cover-up, nothing more. Who else can summon lightning? Spellcasters. One of whom happens to be the person who found him. Makes you wonder."
    Lily: "You believe that Morgyn... and Cassandra? No, it makes no sense. What could they have had to win from Don´s death? Absurd. It was a curse and end of the story. What you need, my dear, is a hobby. All these cooking shows have addled your brain."
    As he had failed to convince Lily in his conspiracy theories, Caleb decided to turn on his charm instead to make use of the cozy, empty room. Sadly for him and his hopes for good time, all his attempts to flirt with Lily ended the way they are bound to end with two people with fully red romance bar between them - badly. What he did learn was that following their divorce a decade ago, Lily ended her career in business and has since then become a sucessful actress. Makes sense, since the film industry would love someone who is not gonna lose her good looks.

Hermione went on a date with her latest suitor, Parker Delgato Wismy8x.png
    Parker sure has the looks and charm HQ3yKFN.png, but he also has three large flaws: he is squeamish, mortal and married to a Sofia Bjergsen. Who just walked in IvgQW7U.png
    The awkward moment when you are trying to seduce another woman, but your wife gets seated to the table next to yours igT4K6U.png
    ud8K2Wn.png
    (Sofia´s friend: "I should have stayed home tonight.")
    At this point, Hermione got up to have a better look at the show
    1JFo1mF.png
    Bonus: Morgyn spent most of the evening at the bar, either drowning his sorrows or spying on his grown-up daughter. I am not sure which version is worse udwej6j.png
    In the end, Sofia and her long-suffering friend left without anyone getting bitten, and Parker went home with Hermione to spend the night with her [img][/img]L7kmylG.png

Hermione had a small gathering with her nearest and dearest. She accidentally invited Dominic, but he ignored her the whole party in favor of his true love - food. Milo and Jolene never showed up. Magnus did, despite having died recently. OK9YNkQ.png
    3VC8OS7.png
    Cassandra: "Is it true that Rowenna dumped you? I am so proud of her."
    Caleb: Have I told you recently that I hate you?"
    zO8Og87.png
    Christine: "Mom, you stole my syle!"

OlhlAab.png
    Lucille: "You are a loser! Ha!"
    Morgan: silent judging. She and Lilith are expecting another child, so she needed extra money.
    Morgyn and Cassandra decided to get married. I´ve had enough autonomous proposals, but this was the fist autonomous marriage I´ve had - even more, it took place between two sims I was not currently playing. Thank you, MCCC, for giving us such moments yqahrCR.png
    CwY8Evd.png
    u0mX2QG.png
    ufsIkNK.png
    Not the wedding I would have thrown them, but it was likely the most peace and alone time they could get.
    Afterwards, Magnus and Hermione had a friendly duell jJQQq0I.png
    J4UNS8s.png
    She promised him that she is going to bring him back to life as soon as she learns how.

To be continued...
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    @Becka28 Am very curious as to whats going to happen with Bjorn, Jessica and Diego. Lol at Jessica wearing heels to a bowling match.
    @AlwaysAsking I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Don Lothario but your story makes me want to give him a shot, he looks fun to play with.

Christopher received his acceptance letter from both universities and due to his skills and scouts program as a child, received scholarships that got him through university. His athletic scholarship had a requirement of him to be on the soccer team in order to maintain his scholarship. He joined the team quickly rose in the ranks of it. He attended Foxbury Institute. 4uFXJY0.jpg
    Even when sick he would focus on the team and his school work. Though he would sometimes come back injured :DFipY2jG.jpg
    Scarlet would come to visit him and Daniel as they moved off campus to attend class and he was excited to her his moves. 1AaouKV.jpg
    But he wasn't too good :DFpI72vj.jpg
    Daniel forgot to apply for scholarships so he took in student loans...and forgot to pay them in time, which led to a visit from the repoman.MDDK9hI.jpg
    Christopher got into a fight with the repoman because he took his bike!19XYDAG.jpg
    While studying, Christopher got a message from someone that they wanted to set him up for a blind date, and he accepted. He wasn't execting a woman though who was the same age as his mother though, so he politely turned down his date. Sgs8hhL.jpg
    After 4 long weeks of studying hard, he graduated6Ks3raQ.jpg
    He was proud of his portrait. PKQV6wL.jpg
    Daniel dropped out but joined a law firm. And with a better income, the two decided to move from Britechester and into an apartment in San Myshuno. It was a big apartment and forgot who used to live there...until Christopher walked into a bedroom and found a photo on a desk that must've been forgotten about. RLUGzz8.jpgHe looked at the picture and put it away for safe keeping. Meanwhile, Chelsea was also attending Foxbury Institute, she wanted to become a teacher and she worked hard. She soon graduated as well.yoOugdv.jpgHer sister Hallie, didn't attend but she found a job as a nurse aide.2YPLpu8.jpg

Christopher was asked out on a date by a girl he met while at university. 0qBNLKj.jpg
    Kali Hitchdock, she didn't attend Foxbury but instead Britechester uni, but she visited a shop in Foxbury, where she received many boo's.MMjMT26.jpg
    Christopher told her not to worry about them and to shrug them off, she appreciated his words.2TdkAQI.jpg
    HXB0FCq.jpgWhile on the date, he noticed his family was having dinner and Scarlet, noticed him, she seemed happy he was on a date.b3L0ye0.jpg He didn't feel any connection with Kali so he just offered to remain friends, she accepted.
    One morning while getting ready for work, Christopher headed out and spotted Chelsea, he was happy to see her and wanted to catch up with her. He offered to have dinner or lunch together later that day, and Chelsea seemed reluctant but accepted. h8ddnuj.jpg
    Christopher worked as a detective, he liked sports but he decided he didn't want to make it his career, while at uni, he studied psychology to join the police force.While on the job, he texted Daniel that he saw Chelsea and was having dinner with herMdWteDG.jpg
    Unfortunately, his work really took alot of energy from him, he worked so long a case stay a few extra hours on the job. With his plans ruined,he was angry at the person he arrested for making him stay longer :D1jkRle7.jpgHe was really tired when he got home.Xpft0DY.jpg
    He sadly texted Chelsea, he had to reschedule dinner, but she didn't mind. uCNKbKf.jpgThe next at work, he made sure not to take too long, he wanted to catch up with Chelsea this time.hTVTSMT.jpgAnd he made it, he learned that Chelsea worked as a teacher, and that they both attended the same universitydHyn2bw.jpgHe told her, he now works as a detective, he was quite proud of it, Chelsea was surprised he didn't become a pro-athlete, as he had the skills, but it was his choice.vOaaVj3.jpg
    Christopher couldn't help but reminisce about their past dates, he thought to himself, that maybe they could work it out again, but it would be Chelsea's decision.Q4D4JgX.jpg
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Is the house the one from reddit? I like it.
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited November 2019
    The newlyweds moved out, Noel and Chloe were catching last warm days in Sulani, and Ivy was feeling a little bit lonely, a little bit sad and a little bit old.
    kfpEIJ2.jpg
    Luckily there's Potion of Rejuvenation!
    6AuSUtJ.jpg
    (No, Muddy, don't even think about playing fetch with that stick.)
    Refreshed and rejuvinated, Ivy invited her favorite Sage Simeon to spend some quality time in the sauna.
    rAeMx2c.jpg
    And yay, more babies are coming!

In the meantime Noel and Chloe were enjoying paradise winter on Sulani.
    ba2FiHK.jpg
    Because one thing Noel can't live without is fishing.
    JqLVkwz.jpg
    But then he met Duane Talla during the local festival and seems like it was the first time he paid attention to anything that's not fish :lol:
    XSpFiGL.jpg
    2UsNd8f.jpg
    I'd say Duane was pretty straightforward about what he wanted with those bubbles :smirk:
    2bDfAZa.jpg
    I totally ship you, guys, but it'll have to wait, because your mom's gonna give birth like RIGHT NOW!

Woops, it's twins!
    qnOIm0l.jpg
    Meet baby girls Fiona and Flora.
    Luckily there's Potion of Plentiful Needs!

"Mom, I know you're very busy with the babies, but..."
    6mVHga3.jpg
    "...there's this guy and he's super hot and... "
    2pWNgbQ.jpg
    Luckily there's potion for everything!
    ZX5OBhk.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2019
    @Morkovka wow, Simeon is pretty fertile :) You always choose such lovely names <3 And I can't believe Noel is already a teenager.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    @DoloresGrey yes it is! It’s very cute. I couldn’t afford it fully furnished though :'( but in case anyone here is interested in it, this is where it’s from, the creator of it has their gallery ID commented inside:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/dwruak/my_tobe_student_needed_a_starter_house_in/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top