Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 should add movement styles.

Not just walking, but how they move through life, affecting most of their interactions.

You could have the following movement styles: Default, slacker, macho, feminine, snob, shy, energetic, stiff.

Now let's go over some interactions and how it affects that.

-Sitting on a couch.
The slacker leans back relaxed, they get comfortable. The stiff sim sits like they have a stick up their butt with their hands neatly on their lap. Macho sim sits a bit more spread out in their seat while the shy sim will prefer sitting on the side of the couch leaning on the armrest. The energetic sim wiggles around, they can't sit still.

-Flirt with another sim.
The macho sim uses more imposing body language and less hand gestures, while the feminine sim uses more hand gestures and feminine postures.
The shy sim does not look at the other person and mumbles a little. The energetic sim moves a lot, they are excited to be there.

-Sleeping.
The macho sim sleeps on their back with their hands behind the back of their head at times, not constantly. The slacker just lays spread out like they are knocked out, possibly with a foot poking out of the bed, looking like they got knocked out. The stiff sim lays perfectly straight on their back. The energetic sim switches positions a lot in their sleep.

-Running.
The feminine sim runs with flapping their hands some like they are drying their nails and a wiggle in their hips, the energetic sim runs like they do it all the time, the macho sim runs like an action hero, the slacker sim runs like they are out of breath, the stiff sim runs like a robot.

-Slap another sim.
The macho sim punches them in the face, the feminine sim slaps hard with a flat hand, the shy sim gives a weak slap, the snob sim slaps like they have deeply been insulted by the other sim.

-Greet a close friend.
The feminine sim squeals happily before hugging their friend, the macho sim gives a firm handshake like in the movie predator, the shy sim hesitates briefly before giving a hug, the stiff sim gives a cordial handshake and appreciative nod, the energetic sim picks their friend up in a hug to twirl them around before putting them down, the snob embraces their friend and gives three kisses close to their cheek without touching.

It's just some examples, and of course more styles could be added like crazy or supernatural specific ones.
Sims could even like or dislike specific movement styles. (sims need to be able to dislike stuff again, seriously.)

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    That would be great! I would definitely like more styles to choose from too.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    This is a cool idea.

It would also be nice to be able to mix it up. Maybe my sim sits Macho style, sleeps like a slop, but runs feminine and walks default... :)
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    This is a cool idea.

It would also be nice to be able to mix it up. Maybe my sim sits Macho style, sleeps like a slop, but runs feminine and walks default... :)

Yeah, what about the Sims who sleep in a fetal position on their side? Or who sleep on their stomach?

The feminine Sim running style seems kinda'...I don't know, ditzy. And there are plenty of feminine people who aren't ditzy. So...
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    My brother in law actually runs like that at times. And the feminine walk style is one of many, it's just a more exaggerated feminine style just like the macho style is more of an exaggerated macho style.

It could of course be split up into two different feminine styles: One more generic feminine and the other going full on ditzy, affraid to break a nail kind of style. Giving an even weaker slap than the shy sim.
    And of course, all sims can use these movement styles. You can give that style to the most muscular hairy dude with a big beard.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I like they idea, however, if it is done like the walking styles were in TS4 it will become obnoxious rather quickly.
    It will end up feeling more like a caricature than something natural, I don't know...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I'd love that - but I'd want them to be determined by traits. If we choose the "shy" trait they automatically get all the shy movements, etc.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I like this and in general I'm all up for customization of things but as others said, having to choose each one every time you're creating a Sim would get tedious fast.

I'd like them to be linked to traits (lazy Sims slouch on couches, self-assured Sims flirting is more direct, shy Sims' flirting reflects their trait) but some of them could have the options like walking does now: walking style, sleeping style, generic sitting style (crossing legs/knees spread etc) - the ones that don't really depend on the traits as we know them.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I've posted similar things in various threads
    rhalius wrote: »
    -Sitting on a couch.
    The slacker leans back relaxed, they get comfortable. The stiff sim sits like they have a stick up their butt with their hands neatly on their lap. Macho sim sits a bit more spread out in their seat while the shy sim will prefer sitting on the side of the couch leaning on the armrest. The energetic sim wiggles around, they can't sit still.
    Sims currently sit somewhat like a 'stiff' sim.
    And how would a feminine sim sit?
    Like this?
    5525260.jpg

-Slap another sim.
    The macho sim punches them in the face, the feminine sim slaps hard with a flat hand, the shy sim gives a weak slap, the snob sim slaps like they have deeply been insulted by the other sim.
    Shy sims should have an unexpectedly mean undercut, or just a weak gut jab.

I'd also like to see different styles for sitting at a table, and different styles for dining.
    There could also be different styles for showering, or having a bath, different ways of getting into a pool.
    There are so many ways that sims could show a little more personality.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    If it goes too far... you get
    f33d6738d06ab45d7a2b0563b71b379e.jpg
    If I want to see Silly Walks, I’ll watch Monty Python
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    NO TO SIMS 5!