Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Against aging at university

Sul Sul!
The one thing I didn't like about Discover University is that Sims get old while in college. They enter young adults and leave almost old. I wish it were just like The Sims 2.
My favorite aspiration is Big Happy Family and it's kind of impossible to complete that aspiration if I send my Sims to college. And look, I'm taking four subjects at a time to complete the course faster.
Please, EA, remove aging during university!

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Turn it off while you are playing your University student.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited November 2019
    navani wrote: »
    Sul Sul!
    The one thing I didn't like about Discover University is that Sims get old while in college. They enter young adults and leave almost old. I wish it were just like The Sims 2.
    My favorite aspiration is Big Happy Family and it's kind of impossible to complete that aspiration if I send my Sims to college. And look, I'm taking four subjects at a time to complete the course faster.
    Please, EA, remove aging during university!

Go to your Options
    Then to Gameplay

Then select aging OFF. The default is at normal but you can have it short, long or just turn it off until you make the decision to age your sims on your own accord. Take a peek through your options. There's various things you can control. You can even choose if you want your played sims to auto age or not or just your active households. Same with unplayed households.

Much like changing how many sims you want in your world from 80, 150, 200 to Unlimited. :)

You can even change your sims autonomy to having free will to none at all.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Agreed; I’ve been turning off aging when playing a Sim in Uni.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don't see why they should manually turn ageing off. Leaving it the way it is at least gives players the option to turn ageing off themselves if they'd prefer to.
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    I also hated the fact that they get older. I've been turning off aging but sometimes I forget to change it and it's really frustrating. My hope was that they would create a mod so that sims wouldn't age at university alone.
    Ayrthwil wrote: »
    I also hated the fact that they get older. I've been turning off aging but sometimes I forget to change it and it's really frustrating. My hope was that they would create a mod so that sims wouldn't age at university alone.

I would think having the choice to control sims aging would benefit all even if you forget or not since the choice is there. :*
    5vJrxmT.png
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I would think having the choice to control sims aging would benefit all even if you forget or not since the choice is there. :*

I just hope it soon comes out some automatic rather than manual. I hope some mod creator got frustrated with that too and developed something specific to the world.
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I would think having the choice to control sims aging would benefit all even if you forget or not since the choice is there. :*

I just hope it soon comes out some automatic rather than manual. I hope some mod creator got frustrated with that too and developed something specific to the world.

Doubtful, since players can control a sims life span to be short, normal, long or just off to make everyone happy. Rather than locking people for those that do play with aging on.

Who knows little to big exists so who knows maybe someone will if someone wants to do that. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Doubtful, since players can control a sims life span to be short, normal, long or just off to make everyone happy. Rather than locking people for those that do play with aging on.
    >
    > Who knows little to big exists so who knows maybe someone will if someone wants to do that. :)

It's just that I don't think it's enough to have the option of making a manual myself, I liked the previous generations better that it was always frozen. I saw a few complaints in the discord, but I still don't know how it will be resolved with mod designers. Maybe Zero will do something, it always seems to be engaged in such improvements and has released many mods for UL
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Doubtful, since players can control a sims life span to be short, normal, long or just off to make everyone happy. Rather than locking people for those that do play with aging on.
    >
    > Who knows little to big exists so who knows maybe someone will if someone wants to do that. :)

It's just that I don't think it's enough to have the option of making a manual myself, I liked the previous generations better that it was always frozen. I saw a few complaints in the discord, but I still don't know how it will be resolved with mod designers. Maybe Zero will do something, it always seems to be engaged in such improvements and has released many mods for UL

Wouldn't so much call it an improvement than it would be a preference. I personally didn't care for aging being frozen as I wanted things to progress. From their age to everything outside Uni. Made it feel pretty limited without having a choice, but I've seen modders make mods for the smallest changes so anything is possible. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Question is what to do with the other households if they implement an automatic stop aging. Will it be for every sim or just the played household? Because these are two separate options we have now.

I am happy we have a choice. But the time it takes to graduate definitely does not suit the normal life span.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    You must be playing on a short life span if you’re sims are getting old while at Uni. Mine go in as YA and come out as YA.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• navaninavani Posts: 86 Member
    Thanks for the tips, guys! The way was to disable aging while the Sims were in unversity. Now that they are formed, I have reactivated aging.
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Just play on long lifespan. It is really long but you can always age up your sims with a birthday cake. I went to uni as YA and left as a YA.