July 8 - A patch for The Sims 4 is ready for you to install it! Check the patch notes out here.

Does anyone know of a Longer Seasons mod?

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 17,558 Member
Aside from this one?
http://modthesims.info/d/491613/longer-seasons.html

I had to reinstall my game and mods and for some reason this one no longer works even after removing it and readding it.

Edit: I tried 4 times reinstalling it and can't get it to work.
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

  • igazorigazor Posts: 18,289 Member
    This is just a tuning mod. Any other tuning mod that sets out to accomplish the same thing would do it the same way that its creator did. Since season choices and lengths are world and game save specific, are you completely loading up an ongoing game before concluding that the mod is not working?

    The other way to approach what has been done here is to use NRaas Retuner to alter the same tuning values.
    786acphb0viikee4g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 17,558 Member
    edited November 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    This is just a tuning mod. Any other tuning mod that sets out to accomplish the same thing would do it the same way that its creator did. Since season choices and lengths are world and game save specific, are you completely loading up an ongoing game before concluding that the mod is not working?

    The other way to approach what has been done here is to use NRaas Retuner to alter the same tuning values.
    I don’t have any games at the moment fresh install but I did load a town and the game only has the default lengths available. I do have retainer installed but I get a bit nervous with all the settings in it.
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 36 Member
    I usually used a nraas option! But I don't know if it still works. I think it's worth a try.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 17,558 Member
    For some reason my nraas mods aren’t showing up; think it’s safe to say it’s a folder issue.Too tired to do another fresh install
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 36 Member
    > @GraceyManor said:
    > For some reason my nraas mods aren’t showing up; think it’s safe to say it’s a folder issue.Too tired to do another fresh install

    Have you tried just restarting your modifications folder instead of doing it with the whole game? Maybe it's too many subfolders or bugs in some file.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 17,558 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ayrthwil wrote: »
    > @GraceyManor said:
    > For some reason my nraas mods aren’t showing up; think it’s safe to say it’s a folder issue.Too tired to do another fresh install

    Have you tried just restarting your modifications folder instead of doing it with the whole game? Maybe it's too many subfolders or bugs in some file.
    I originally had to do the whole game because somehow I either deleted my folder or the computer wiped(I would venture to say I deleted it) and couldn’t recover it and the only backup I had didn’t have my mods so I just went with a new folder and reinstalled what mods I wanted and what I didn’t really need.as for sub folders I only do one folder in.

    Anywho, I had just loaded my game and none of the nraas mods showed up on town hall, map tags were missing and my camera was zoomed all the way in and I couldn't see what I was doing, so I assume its a game issue.
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 36 Member
    > @GraceyManor said:
    > (Quote)
    > I originally had to do the whole game because somehow I either deleted my folder or the computer wiped(I would venture to say I deleted it) and couldn’t recover it and the only backup I had didn’t have my mods so I just went with a new folder and reinstalled what mods I wanted and what I didn’t really need.as for sub folders I only do one folder in

    This is really weird! It never happened to me, but it seems to be really sad. I hope you can solve it without having to reinstall.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 17,558 Member
    It is, I already lost my story save.I'm about call it quits and go to bed.lol
  • igazorigazor Posts: 18,289 Member
    edited November 2019
    There aren't any NRaas mods that affect season length. Tempest used to do this long ago (I think) but it was removed because it became it became redundant when EA patched the game so that season choices and lengths are adjustable by way of the Game Options and game save/world specific. Now Tempest concentrates on what happens during a season, not how long it is or which ones load in which world. The only other NRaas option left is Retuner.

    But yes, if the mods are not loading in the first place and the game is acting that strange then something is very wrong with either the current TS3 user game folder in Documents or the install itself. I hope that a fresh new game folder is tried first as that is much less intrusive than an uninstall and reinstall would be.

    One thing that will cause the overall goofy behavior described is if the MasterController Cheats add-on module is in play but the base MC mod is missing. That will confuse the heck out of the game and not be pretty once it all loads (if it loads). But that's just one example as there could be a lot of other things causing this.
    786acphb0viikee4g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 17,558 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm currently testing my mod folder, as the game is fine without mods installed.I think there's an issue within my mods.
    Another weird thing is my sims on long life span can live 10,000 days! I never seen that before.

    Edit: I double checked to make sure it wasn't MC missing, but I had both the base and cheats.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 17,558 Member
    After hours of trying to recover from my saves folders disappearing, its working.I managed to find a clean copy of my folder on my external hard drive with a fresh mod folder and backups of my mods.And everything seems okay.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top