Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Hidden Worlds would you like to see?

As the subject name suggests! The Hidden Worlds thing kind of got abandoned - they only exist for two of the basegame worlds (Sylvan Glade and Forgotten Grotto), the first EP (Sixam), and the first GP (Deep Woods). If they hadn't been dropped as a concept, what kind of hidden worlds would you like to see?

For San Myshuno, I'd love to see that secret underground club that gets mentioned sometimes as a social event. Forgotten Hollow definitely should have done something with that boarded-up bat cave, and I would have loved to see the Sulani cave as a proper location (maybe with that nifty area where the mermaids spawn as a secret entrance instead?). For Strangerville, something with deeper lore for the strange plants and the Mother would have been really cool, like their original origin. For Brindleton Bay, maybe a location where you could meet a unicorn, in a nod to TS3's Pets?

What would you like to see?

Comments

• Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    A hidden nightclub sounds really cool actually haha

If/when they add more occults, i would love something related to that. Though i have no idea what kinda worlds it could be
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    A hidden graveyard that should have come with the vampire pack.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Faberries wrote: »

If/when they add more occults, i would love something related to that. Though i have no idea what kinda worlds it could be

I love this idea! Even just a basement under a building no one would suspect.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I agree about the cave in Forgotten Hollow, it looks like it should go somewhere!
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    Faberries wrote: »

I love this idea! Even just a basement under a building no one would suspect.

I bet you could build your own Secret Club in the basement of an existing club. That could be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    If they would get out of their policy of 'only 10% of the players use the secret worlds, so we don't do them anymore', one thing I would love would be a hidden cove, most likely in Sulani, with a treasaure map or something; a shipwreck maybe?
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    If they would get out of their policy of 'only 10% of the players use the secret worlds, so we don't do them anymore', one thing I would love would be a hidden cove, most likely in Sulani, with a treasaure map or something; a shipwreck maybe?

That would be fun!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd like the ability to actually do more with the hidden worlds.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    An underwater world like under the ocean in Sulani.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Man, for the Sulani one, maybe we'd finally find a way to open that chest in Admiral's Wreckage!
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Man, for the Sulani one, maybe we'd finally find a way to open that chest in Admiral's Wreckage!

It is totally against Gaming Law to have a treasure chest or a book on a pedestal in a game that the player can't interact with/get the prize. lol
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I find the hidden worlds boring. I can't say that I'm bothered for more. :D
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    They should have a hidden Mermaid world & a hidden Vampire world.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2019
    How about hidden worlds inside a hidden world? I'd love to see the inside of that crystal looking city on Sixam we can see from a distance. I'm assuming that's where all the aliens actually 'live' that spawn to the area our Sims can access.

Or even a fairy world accessed from the 'fairy ring' of mushrooms in Sylvan Glades. It seems like a wasted opportunity to have that mysterious ring and not do anything with it. Just a thought...
  • Options
    @Karababy52 oh man, that'd be great. The crystal city on Sixam looks amazing, I want to visit it so much! Maybe a later pack could be 'Other Worlds' or something, and have a series of small worlds, like the crystal city, a fairy realm, a mermaid realm, stuff like that?
  • Options
    AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    My dream is that that cave in Forgotten would be interactive and unlock a kind of vampire lair. It would be really amazing for me. I would also like a magic school in the realm of magic! Something like Harry Potter, it would be a dream to have a different education for witches.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    What is Deep Woods? Where is it and how do you get to it?
    I've never heard of it..
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It's from Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    mock68 wrote: »
    What is Deep Woods? Where is it and how do you get to it?
    I've never heard of it..

As Serverfra said, it's from Outdoor Retreat! If you visit the national park lot in Granite Falls, you can find a passage through the brambles. If you answer some questions (similar to the Sylvan Glade/Forgotten Grotto quiz), you get access to the Deep Wood, which is where a Hermit lives (befriending them is essential for an aspiration). It also has an insect and fish you can't get anywhere else.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The culling world where all Sims go when they get culled from the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I know I said that hidden worlds are boring but I've actually changed my mind. I just got reminded about caves and it made me think how disappointed I was with the cave in Sulani. It would be great if it actually led to somewhere. Maybe a mermaid cove or something.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    How much are we using the current hidden worlds? I'd be reluctant to add more, since I don't really use the ones in existence :/

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    @Nindigo I don't use them a ton, but I love that they're there. It just adds a little extra magic, you know?
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    oh man, that'd be great. The crystal city on Sixam looks amazing, I want to visit it so much! Maybe a later pack could be 'Other Worlds' or something, and have a series of small worlds, like the crystal city, a fairy realm, a mermaid realm, stuff like that?

I would love that! I've never played fairies in the Sims so it would be a new concept for me at least and just by reading threads here, it seems they're a popular occult Sim.

I personally use the hidden areas frequently in my gameplay, especially Sylvan Glades and Sixam. However, I do use the Forgotten Grotto if I have a handiness skilled Sim. But not as often as in the past once I figured out I could get the Batfish and Wolf Eel without going there. In the past, my fisher Sims would always need to be handy Sims too just so they could complete their aspiration.

I love that we can modify the hidden areas using the enablefreebuild cheat too. Sometimes I like to put objects there so my Sims can stay longer. One time I built an abandoned victorian home with an underground vampire nest in the Forgotten Grotto for my vampires to use while there. I wish our Sims could live in the hidden areas. But, I guess they wouldn't be 'special' if that were possible, eh?

As for additional hidden worlds, other than ones I've already mentioned, I also think it would be fun to have a series of hidden areas with clues to a sort've treasure hunt. Something along the lines of the movie National Treasure. It could perhaps start with that locked treasure chest in the walls of the shipwreck on Mua Pel'am in Sulani. It would have to be updated though to actually open and inside would be maybe a small treasure, but the REAL treasure is a map to the next clue... or something. *shrugs*

Also, that infuriating glass greenhouse in the Magic Realm should be accessible. Perhaps only unlocked when reaching the Virtuoso level with an additional perk of a spell to evolve plants to Perfect quality, or update the greenhouse to have all perfect quality plants needed for potions ready to harvest as a reward? Just a couple more ideas... :)
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »

@Dijktafone did they actually say that? That's kind of funny....I mean, unless you are the kind of Simmer that reads the forums or reads a lot about the game, you probably wouldn't even know they exist! LOL not many people use them because they are, by nature, "hidden"!