March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Sundae: A very berry legacy! (Updates sporadically)

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I love drama! I have tons of ideas for drama for the Hemingways :sweat_smile: One of those idea might even be a bit too dramatic :D
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Drama is awesome! I can’t wait to see all the drama in the Hemingway’s!

Uhhh, I’ve got a couple evil plans for my game, but I’m not sure about them. It might actually come down to some reader opinion polls to see where I end up going with it. Haha.
    I played one of those dramas today :D I'm not sure tho if it's not a bit too brutal :#

Evil plans are great! And I love polls :D
    Ooooh.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294d1e9ab4cb61809fda50feb23c3d60ba890c91eb&rid=giphy.gif
    Two chapters released today so far. I hope to have a third written and released today too. The third starts the drama factor...!
    How is robotics like? I'm not into technical stuff so I haven't tried it yet. I only had a broken robot in the dorm who refused to leave :D

Have you also noticed that your sims gain weight faster with uni? I guess it's the new moodlet of eating too much fast food. The first sim I tried uni with (the one that got pregnant) doubled in size and that only during 3 sim weeks.

Ok, Aaron and Lilith are really made for each other. but I thought Aaron is into boys (because of Poe)? Or is he bisexual?

The way the lady in pink is dressed could be a hint that she's a professor :) At least the ones I've seen so far always wear glasses :D

Matilda walks in her great-grandfather's shoes :p

Is it just uni life or in general that your sims nap a LOT? :joy:
    How is robotics like? I'm not into technical stuff so I haven't tried it yet. I only had a broken robot in the dorm who refused to leave :D

Have you also noticed that your sims gain weight faster with uni? I guess it's the new moodlet of eating too much fast food. The first sim I tried uni with (the one that got pregnant) doubled in size and that only during 3 sim weeks.

Ok, Aaron and Lilith are really made for each other. but I thought Aaron is into boys (because of Poe)? Or is he bisexual?

The way the lady in pink is dressed could be a hint that she's a professor :) At least the ones I've seen so far always wear glasses :D

Matilda walks in her great-grandfather's shoes :p

Is it just uni life or in general that your sims nap a LOT? :joy:

I actually have no idea what the robotics is like. I have too many sims to focus on any one new feature!

Oh wow. I haven't noticed any weight gain, but I just have Dorian or Poe cook a lot.

Aaron is Aaron. I don't really know if he's into guys or if he will just hit on literally anything that moves when he's drunk.

I think the Lady in Pink might be a professor, but she's sooo cute. I just turned all the townies from University a color that happened to have a default EA swatch. So Pink, Bright Blue, Turquoise Blue, Red, or that sort of Purple.

Matilda totally is a girl Aiden. :smiley:

I just make them nap a lot cause I am like... uhhh... I have six sims, I can't focus on you right now! Take a nap! I'll come back to you later.
    The third chapter is now released! It's a cliff hanger... Enjoy!

Rainbow Sundae 4.17
    Rainbow Sundae 4.18
    Rainbow Sundae 4.19
    It’s already hard with only 1 sim 🙈 I couldn’t do what you do ^^

Fresh cooking is getting more and more important in the game 😅 just like in real life.

That’s true 😂 He’s like a Don Lothario for everyone 💁🏻‍♀️

Most of the professors are pretty. The women I’ve seen so far at least.

A true legacy. Too bad she can’t be heiress 🙈

When I have too many sims I make them skill until I have time to play them 😂
    It’s so annoying that sims arrive in a negative mood when you invite them. Happens a bit too often imo.

Haha Matilda 😂 truly like Aiden!

😲 Miri?! Oh no, oh no, oh no! Poor Dorian! Drama means he’ll make a mistake :/
    A BABY?! 😳
    Doesn’t Miri look adorable in her makeover??? Much more Casual actually!
    Yup! A baby. Explains her moodiness, huh?

Also... I am jealous of the gang’s house. It is amazing. My apartment when I was in Uni was no where near as nice. Lol
    The new hair style shows her pretty face really well!
    I guess the father is not the question here (David) but more like: are they a couple in any way?

Im still waiting for the letter to tell me if I passed my final exam (Uni graduation). So I still have a good image of my apartment and I loved it. My bathroom had pink tiles on the walls 😂
    edited November 2019
    I can’t say too much about Cristal yet. Mostly cause I haven’t played anything past this party... I took that last screenshot and then exited the game. I will say that I peeked at Cristal as a young adult and she’s cute? Lol.

I lived off campus. I had an apartment with my husband. It was decent, but bland cause it was an older complex. We started off in a studio apartment that actually had a glass sliding door as its front door. That was really weird.

I hope you get your final grades soon!

And I’m jelly of the pink tiles. That sounds cute.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Ooooh.

I did the Lion King for my school play last year, actually, so I laughed out loud at that :smile:

(Also, I've actually been watching this thread for a while, I just haven't posted yet.)
    @TheYayToast But you have (evil) plans, don't you? :p

A glass door as a front door? :o That's super weird.

I lived off campus, too. We don't have dorms like in the US but more like "dorms" with many super tiny apartments with a little kitchen, bath and bed and all that stuff.

I'm scared of the letter tho :joy: I will panic and totally freak out when it comes...

The best part was the huge bathtub! It was a normal shower-bathtub thing but it was deep and huge! And I'm only around 5'4-5'5 (my height is not available in this measurement... I'm 1.64 m and the two sizes are 1.63 m and 1.65 m -.-) so I could almost swim in it :joy:
    I just found your cast post! Very cool overview and it helps a lot!

The Guten Morgen joke is nice but Bock is also a German word. It's a male goat :joy: It's youth slang to say "Ich hab keinen Bock!" (I don't have a Bock) when you don't feel like doing whatever you're supposed to do :D

How come all your sims are so pretty? :o Did you replace all the sims in your game?
    @TheYayToast You should update the family tree, it doesn't have Ginny or whatever-Fern's-fifth-child-is-named on it. :smile:
    edited November 2019
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    Ooooh.

I did the Lion King for my school play last year, actually, so I laughed out loud at that :smile:

(Also, I've actually been watching this thread for a while, I just haven't posted yet.)

@Pinmat135 That is awesome! I'm glad I was able to make you laugh.

Great to see you in the thread! Feel free to hang around and talk about anything you please. If you have any questions or need clarification on any story points, those are definitely welcome too.
    It’s already hard with only 1 sim 🙈 I couldn’t do what you do ^^

Fresh cooking is getting more and more important in the game 😅 just like in real life.

That’s true 😂 He’s like a Don Lothario for everyone 💁🏻‍♀️

Most of the professors are pretty. The women I’ve seen so far at least.

A true legacy. Too bad she can’t be heiress 🙈

When I have too many sims I make them skill until I have time to play them 😂

Lol. Two sims in Uni is hard enough... I would die if they were all enrolled. Sienna works as the Tech Career path and Aaron is in the Criminal Career. I just made Poe a food critic. I forgot if I gave Matilda a job.

Haha, you're right. Aaron's totally a Don Lothario.

It is a shame she can't be the heiress. Dorian's pretty alright though. Lol.

You know... skilling would probably be a better use of their time.
    @TheYayToast But you have (evil) plans, don't you? :p

A glass door as a front door? :o That's super weird.

I lived off campus, too. We don't have dorms like in the US but more like "dorms" with many super tiny apartments with a little kitchen, bath and bed and all that stuff.

I'm scared of the letter tho :joy: I will panic and totally freak out when it comes...

The best part was the huge bathtub! It was a normal shower-bathtub thing but it was deep and huge! And I'm only around 5'4-5'5 (my height is not available in this measurement... I'm 1.64 m and the two sizes are 1.63 m and 1.65 m -.-) so I could almost swim in it :joy:

I have so many evil plans.

The glass door was very strange.

That bathtub sounds amazing... I want to have a really big tub when I finally buy a new house.

I was actually going to answer both comments earlier... but then I got called away to do random house repairs. I spent most my morning digging holes trying to find the water line in my yard. I fell down in the mud, that was hilarious! My family were all in shock, but I was laughing too hard. (The water line did get fixed though.)

I could have sworn someone somewhere asked if I replaced all the townies. Yes, when I first started the Grofield family save I deleted all the townies and replaced them with custom families. So now we are four or five generations down with those genetics mingling with other townies I've created and added along the way.

Later in the day, I went downtown to the computer store to buy a new hard drive for my husband's computer. Also to the art store, I got a new fountain pen and some little sketch cards! I'm pretty excited to try them out. Then we popped by a record store. I ended up with an LP of Ghost and a two record set of The Clash. I also went to a comic book store, but didn't find anything. Really good day overall! Computers, Art, Records, and Comics.

Post edited by TheYayToast on
    edited November 2019
    Oh yeah, I forgot to include this in the cast page. I random roll for the color of the spouses. I've been saving the swatches for the last couple of generations.

Here are the swatches to prove I'm doing it!

Our current potential spouses:
    Miri:
    gen4-girl1.jpg
    Sienna:
    gen4-girl2.jpg
    Izzy:
    gen4-girl3.jpg

And here's Lorne's swatch:
    lorne_color.jpg

Link to the random generator...
    Random Color Generator!

I unfortunately did not save Orion's color swatch.
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    I really liked the story! The only question I have is about the colors, yours look different from the challenge I usually see. Is it a new version? I would like to read it if possible!
    edited November 2019
    Ayrthwil wrote: »
    I really liked the story! The only question I have is about the colors, yours look different from the challenge I usually see. Is it a new version? I would like to read it if possible!

Hi @Ayrthwil !

It is a new challenge I'm developing! It's a mix of a rainbow legacy and the Build Newcrest challenge.

Here is the general overview of the challenge. The Rainbow Renewal Legacy Challenge

And here are the generation rules.

Finally, here are the legacy rules.

So far I've adjusted the green generation. Cause Fern counted as a Green Generation. Instead of a lounge or a pool, I had her build a middle class neighborhood. So I'm going to have to adjust to find another color to do the lounge at least.

Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas!
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    > @TheYayToast said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hi @Ayrthwil !
    >
    > It is a new challenge I'm developing! It's a mix of a rainbow legacy and the Build Newcrest challenge.
    >
    > Here is the general overview of the challenge. The Rainbow Renewal Legacy Challenge
    >
    > And here are the generation rules.
    >
    > Finally, here are the legacy rules.
    >
    > So far I've adjusted the green generation. Cause Fern counted as a Green Generation. Instead of a lounge or a pool, I had her build a middle class neighborhood. So I'm going to have to adjust to find another color to do the lounge at least.
    >
    > Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas!

Thank you! I will read the challenge and maybe try it too.
    It was only know it clicked that only 2 sims are enrolled :joy: With 6 you could throw your computer out the window... :#

A big tub is hard to clean tho when you're not the tallest person :sweat_smile: Once I've used a bath bomb... with glitter. The water was dark red llight wine, glittering everywhere and the water felt like expensive silk all over my body :love: I thought the glitter would be washed down the drain... Weeeeell, it kinda pulled together like drops and stuck to the side. I only noticed that the next morning and started scrubbing the tub.

That sounds really funny :joy: I like people who don't go all "ah, I could have been hurt" but laugh the loudest when something like this happens :D

My memory can be reeeeally bad so the chances that I've asked that before are like 1:2 :joy:

Sounds like the perfect day :)

Wait, Sienna is a potential spouse? :o
    @TheYayToast I think Sienna's busy with Cameron... lol.

What's the Gen 5 build going to be if Izzy gets picked? What'll grey be?

Wait, Sienna is a potential spouse? :o

(I’ll reply to the rest of your post soon.)

Sienna was indeed created as a potential spouse. I wanted to surround Dorian with various girls that could he could potentially get with. Since it was sort of a little predictable which sims were gonna be the spouse since you know it has to be someone all one color.

Yup, it’s cause you realized that Fern could have gotten with Davion all those chapters ago. (Which I hadn’t even realized at the time.)
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    @TheYayToast I think Sienna's busy with Cameron... lol.

What's the Gen 5 build going to be if Izzy gets picked? What'll grey be?

Sienna is totally busy with Cameron.

I love Cameron’s hair... it’s so cool.

This gen (purple) will be the musuem. If Dorian gets with Izzy, generation 5 will be gray/black which would be a nightclub. If he gets with Miri, gen 5 will build a library. He and Sienna’s kiddo would end up making a gym.