Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Arts & Crafts fans, which feature are you most interested in?

13...Next

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I picked knitting because I like the idea of them being able to make clothes.

Why are people saying they want something for female elders to do? Everybody knits.

I can only assume it's because they believe it's not typical (for certain definitions of typical) for women of a certain age to do woodworking, go to clubs/bars/lounges, write books, play video games, fish, go jogging/exercise/do yoga... you know, stuff plenty of women of a certain age actually do IRL.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Glass Fabrication Station
    I really want all of those though!

I have actually mentioned before that I would like to have glassblowing in game, and was happily surprised to see that it was an option. I didn't know if it has been in previous games.. well, I looked it up and it has been in TS3 it seems.

That "Host a museum gala to showcase creations" got me interested too. It would be nice to have some more things to do in museums.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Pottery Wheel
    I really liked the Sims 3 Potter Wheel & would be happy to have it back in Sims 4.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Knitting Skill
    Knitting because I love the idea of making clothing for my sims and toys for the kids. But cross stitch is a close second because I enjoy it unreal life and would love for my sims to do it as well.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    well, I do hope they do some cool things with (and if) this pack theme wins, though from the sounds of it they should just rename it the "Geriatric Pack."
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I picked knitting because the description mentioned making toys for children. I really don't want another pack that forgets about children. They're my favorite lifestage to play and they haven't received anything in the last few packs.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Knitting Skill
    Knitting, I'd lvoe ts ee thizs. I would be even happier if crochet was included, since I crochet. But the pottery and glasswork also sound interesting.
    image.png
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I love the idea of the Arts & Crafts pack and I sincerely hope it's the one that wins! Knitting seems like a peaceful hobby for Sims to indulge into and making sweaters and various toys for Toddlers and Children seems like such an amazing idea! I do hope it's fleshed out and there are a couple of different outcomes, otherwise the gameplay around knitting patterns will definitely get tiresome and repetitive over time.

My second option was Happy Haunts since I loved the career options that accompany the pack.
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    Embroidery/Cross Stitch
    Cross stitch because I do that in real life.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Pottery Wheel
    I will say that among the clothing options, I'd like a Fair Isle sweater pattern. That would make a lot of sense with the knitting.

I really hope they pack as much into the pack as possible in terms of arts and crafts.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • codylynnclarkcodylynnclark Posts: 11 New Member
    > @ChampandGirlie said:
    > I voted for pottery and stained glass. The later was a surprise to me. I liked the description more than I first expected.
    >

Same. I didn't like it at all in the first description, but now I would really like it for my artist sims.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Pottery Wheel
    > @ChampandGirlie said:
    > I voted for pottery and stained glass. The later was a surprise to me. I liked the description more than I first expected.
    >

Same. I didn't like it at all in the first description, but now I would really like it for my artist sims.

I agree. I like the idea of museum exhibitions. Someone said that they could make the museums more interactive with galas.

As for the glass, I had a bad impression before I read the full description. Now, it seems very interesting. I'm thinking of Tiffany lamp shades, stained glass windows and fancier vases.

It would pair well with flower arranging and also allow for more customized decorative objects. It's also true that you could really get all ages involved and have different degrees of seriousness. There was a comment about arts being more feminine but I've known men who are very seriously artistic or whose favorite hobbies involve art.

I have a few serious artistic families in my game who could pursue different interests beyond painting. I like the idea of the pack being able to be used in different ways by different sims from kids to elders.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Pottery Wheel
    Honestly, I want them all, though edible art is probably my least favorite. And I want Happy Haunts too! lol
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Honestly the pottery wheel and glass blowing would be the best. Knitting better yet all yarn arts are okay but really what game play is that. I want a ton of hobbies included for all ages. Being able to craft edible art from your harvested fruit etc would be awesome too. I think they should be able to include all the options.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I rather had sewing as you can do more and turn it into a career-tailors, fashion design, customs for holidays, event, etc.. stay at home parents and grandparents making clothing and toys for kids and grand kids. It would of been way more versatile and what I grew up learning.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Edible Art
    Honestly, I want them all, though edible art is probably my least favorite. And I want Happy Haunts too! lol
    what do all of you have against edible art? 😭
    jj_____ wrote: »
    That "Host a museum gala to showcase creations" got me interested too. It would be nice to have some more things to do in museums.
    yeah this sounds like a cool feature. i've had a lot of artist sims and i'd like it if they could showcase their work like at an actual event.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif