Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alpha CC hair's color is greyish-toned down

salumecasalumeca Posts: 26 Member
so after updating my game and adding some more mods some alpha cc hairs' color changed, here's an example
it looked like this before
YrszpCQ.png

now the color looks more grey (same swatch)

j9VSsgk.png

this happens for all swatches, and for different cc hairs that are similar to this one

i tried redownloading the CC, deleting my cache, resetting my Sims 4 folder, moving out my mods folder and finally, reinstalling without the updates, but so far nothing has worked.

I recently installed, island living, realm of magic and seasons, along with the NoBlu and NoGlo mod (i deleted them because they didn't work for me) and after that this happened, it was perfectly fine before

(game version is 1.55.108.1020)

(edit: i just realized this should go in Bugs and Issues, my bad)

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Hi! I Just saw on the Broken Mods thread that Anto's hairs are having this issue, so it may be creator specific. You may want to keep an eye on that thread to see if Anto updates: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968717/broken-updated-mods-cc-university-edition/p1
  • salumecasalumeca Posts: 26 Member
    This is actually a Newsea hair recolor, but i have the same issue with the original CC and the recolor one, i tried adding new swatches and textures but it's the same result, seems like it's the mesh at fault here.
    Any idea how i could fix it myself? maybe something to do with shaders?
    I just tested this and the issue persists even back in version 1.36.102.1020, but all these hairs were fine in that version, so i have no idea what could have happened, i've deleted and reinstalled my game so many times but it just doesn't go back to how it used to be.

In Sims 4 Studio it shows up fine, just not in my game and i need to find a solution
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    edited November 2019
    salumeca wrote: »
    I just tested this and the issue persists even back in version 1.36.102.1020, but all these hairs were fine in that version, so i have no idea what could have happened, i've deleted and reinstalled my game so many times but it just doesn't go back to how it used to be.

In Sims 4 Studio it shows up fine, just not in my game and i need to find a solution

Maybe you should ask on the Sims 4 Studio forum. Maybe one of their creators can help.
    I found a solution, i had to use the batch fix for Cats and Dogs, although i had cats and dogs before and it never gave me any issues