Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

These Poll Choices were Plum

13...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I picked the Hobbies pack first because elders need more to do.

But elders can do all the same things other adults can do, so do they need specific hobbies assigned to them just because of their age, being older adults? Adding the hobbies you want to see in the game is great and all, but why assume elders have nothing to do unless we prescribe special "old people" activities for them? What sort of hobbies do you think elders need, specifically for them as a group, that wouldn't also be something all adults might do?

I feel this. My own grandmother worked well into her elder years in the psychology department of our local University, and when she retired she spent her free time watching old horror movies on TV, reading suspenseful thriller novels and mysteries, and playing around with a Ouija board. She never sat in a rocking chair or knitted a thing in her life, lol. But, she did teach me how to play solitaire.

So in my case, to be absolutely and unapologetically honest, the Happy Haunts theme is more fitting to represent Elders in my world than Arts and Crafts. 😁
    #Team Occult
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Happy haunts sounds great until I see what the features it will have, I dislike zodiac or fortune telling so I don't really want it in my game, I voted for science and tech because of the astronomy.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I personally don't think supernatural players and family players should have ti choose sides. They should always offer stuff that can fit both. And I say that because it seems occult vs real players for the sims is nearly 50/50.
    And as both an occult and realist family player I see where both sides are seriously lacking. And I'm still hoping for a generations expansion.
    I still think they should offer both the arts and craft and paranormal stuff pack. The other options seems like stuff we shouldn't have to pay for like the little telescope and what not.
    I am both too and same. Gameplay in general that isn't focused on lazy YA females is lacking. The sports and athletic in the Sims 4 are either tied to rabbit holes or electronics that the family can't all do together. Part of what made me love the Sims vacation so much was having the whole family play sports, play winter activities, fish, and the carnival all together. It is almost like the Sims has forgotten how to simulate life. I have been pretty impressed by vampires and spell casters. But even with those my Sims kids can't do them with their family. Makes it hard being an occult family player.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    honestly the only interesting one there was Happy Haunts. the features were exciting and cool and the only ones that appealed to me out of all of them. though i can understand why people would like the other ones
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
    Scobre wrote: »
    I picked the Hobbies pack first because elders need more to do.

But elders can do all the same things other adults can do, so do they need specific hobbies assigned to them just because of their age, being older adults? Adding the hobbies you want to see in the game is great and all, but why assume elders have nothing to do unless we prescribe special "old people" activities for them? What sort of hobbies do you think elders need, specifically for them as a group, that wouldn't also be something all adults might do?
    Thing is activities with arts and hobbies wouldn't have to be only restricted towards them. There are many grandparents that want to teach younger ones how to knit and crochet. One of my favorite activities to do with my grandma growing up was ceramics. I would like more packs that aren't restricted to just adults but things elders can do with their toddler and children grandkids too. There are a lot of restrictions the game puts on elders with energy. I think it would be nice to have an outdoors and RV travel pack for them. Would require cars to do. There are many activities I did in my own life with elders like water volleyball, tennis, pool, riding bikes, model airplane flying, playing at the beach. I don't have any living grandparents now so would be nice to do things with my elder Sims active things that I didn't have time to do with my grandparents.

My grandmothers would have been so proud knowing that I have knit, sewed, crocheted, play piano, and done pottery if they were still alive. I lost them at age 3 and 12. It is like elders leaving a legacy for grandchildren to make them better skilled individuals. My grandpa even threw me a beach graduation party for high school. I heard such interesting stories from him before he passed how he was fun over by a tank, lead the boy scouts, and how he broke his home skiing. He did presentations at a Natural History museum about the stars and my grandmother did such amazing paintings and taught about Roman and Greek gods in school. She kept going to college even when she was older to learn new things. She introduced me to Bob Ross and his happy trees and Egyptian and Roman history. Looking back on it I am thankful towards my grandparents helping pay for my preschool, braces, and providing a place to stay so I could finish high school senior year before moving states. Thanks to their wisdom and guidance learned in childhood I was able to complete university and be the first since my grandmother to get not only one but two degrees. Sorry for my long storytelling.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SquashySquashy Posts: 30 Member
    Onyx Sims 4 Naomi bookshelf left and right was crashing my game after University ...Just wanted to share .
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Scobre No apology needed for your heartwarming share. I was also blessed with amazing grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins, and each one of them contributed to the person I am today. I guess that is why family play is very important to me in this game. It is the only game out there with this ability to simulate RL. It may be a fantasy, the stories ones we create in our own heads, but it tugs at the heart when we can play a Sim from birth, watch him navigate through life and be successful, a crazy cat person, or anything we want him to be. And we get to watch it all unfold on a PC monitor. But no two players play the game the same way. That's where things become sticky. And why this community becomes divided, and upset. All of us have a list of features we would like to see added to Sims4 before it ends. I hope everything the players have asked for happens sooner rather than later, too.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @Scobre No apology needed for your heartwarming share. I was also blessed with amazing grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins, and each one of them contributed to the person I am today. I guess that is why family play is very important to me in this game. It is the only game out there with this ability to simulate RL. It may be a fantasy, the stories ones we create in our own heads, but it tugs at the heart when we can play a Sim from birth, watch him navigate through life and be successful, a crazy cat person, or anything we want him to be. And we get to watch it all unfold on a PC monitor. But no two players play the game the same way. That's where things become sticky. And why this community becomes divided, and upset. All of us have a list of features we would like to see added to Sims4 before it ends. I hope everything the players have asked for happens sooner rather than later, too.
    I hope so too. I am glad you were blessed too. I think you described the Sims well. Yeah in a way each of us are like snowflakes, each one different and I do think life experiences play apart of how we game. I remember how impacting Midsummer Night's Dream was for growing up. I had to be home schooled in junior and high school, so my teachers had me read all the classics. While researching the origins of Halloween for my own personal study, going deep into supernatural and why people started the stories about them was interesting how it tied to real historical events and health conditions. I like them because it acknowledges people are different. Don't know how the poll results will turn out, but I like these community packs let Gurus know more about us as a community.

For the first community survey off the grid I voted for, but was interesting how that one turned out when laundry day won. It was around the third vote I told SimsGuruGraham I thought Laundry Day would win. I am happy how the pack came out despite it not being my first choice. Was able to get an off-the-grid later on with a patch too. So I do hope some of these gameplay ideas that do not end up winning get put into a patch or something.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2019
    ElenPink wrote: »
    With "Fun-Tech Features" I basically left it all blank because I thought they were all dumb.

The "Science & Technology Features" had more interesting choices.

The I go to "Self-Care Routines Features" and I see...vegan. Isn't vegetarian already a trait from City Living? I know what the difference is, but I feel like it is redundant, and it's not really a trait, it's a life style. That was definitely number 5 for me.

Skipped the Happy Haunts because I could care less about supernatural (couldn't it have been added to the Making Magic pack or something?? EA grabbing our money again, huh?

Hoping the Science & Technology theme wins overall. But man, were these choices...eh.

They could have definitely come up with better choices and themes. A lot of them were rinse and repeat from what we already have. I hope Arts and Crafts wins which I'm sure it will. Either that or the Lifestyle one with the smoothies.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    I'm crazy disappointed with the Self-care pack? Like really, skin care routines and the ability to have our sims wash their faces and take mental-health days off work (no, vacation days are not the same) are what I expect when I hear "self-care". Having new moods in the self-care pack that are only soothed by specific things like applying essential oils or taking a mental-health day would have been better. But they were probably afraid of people comparing it to the spa day pack.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Arts and Crafts is the only one that remotely interesting option and honestly I feel it deserves more than a puny stuff pack. It could easily be an EP with all of those gameplay elements and more, especially for toddlers, children, and elder.s
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    edited November 2019
    I did not intend for anyone to take my post as a complaint about the occult players getting new content. My complaint is with how the teams get stuck with a theme/play style and forget there should be something for everyone in new packs. As far as family play or rotational play, EA has made that very difficult to do in Sims4. Those of us who enjoy playing families, have also been waiting for new content. Very little has been added for families this year. But that is not the fault of the occult players, or the players that want more for Sim families to do together. It is the teams' responsibility to put out new content. And since we are discussing the choices we have been given to vote for, and give our personal opinions on why and what we chose to vote for, everyone has the right to express themselves. No where in my post did I express any animosity toward occult players. And don't get me started on what Sims3 had for the family players versus what we have in Sims4. That old Sims3 vs Sims4 comparison has no basis here when we are discussing the content in Sims4.

Who cares if they got upset? They have a bunch of features and occult they can play with. I find that group of people constantly upset about something on the forums.

I 100% agree with your previous comment. There has NOT been enough family play what-so-ever. Only Parenthood. How about boarding school like in Generations? I am very annoyed that they just released the magic pack and now another "occult" looking thing? Really? Mermaids came out too. EA needs to do a better job at releasing content that everyone can enjoy. Ive been begging for farming for forever and saw no options related to that. I know that there are robots in University...yet I saw robot related content?

If they dont want to do a farming game pack-then fine. But atleast release something related to kids, teens, and elders.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    some of the gameplay options are so boring -- like vegan trait, really queen?-- however, im also looking forward for new build buy objects and cas clothing too, not just the gameplay i'd say.
    y'all got bread?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I did not intend for anyone to take my post as a complaint about the occult players getting new content. My complaint is with how the teams get stuck with a theme/play style and forget there should be something for everyone in new packs. As far as family play or rotational play, EA has made that very difficult to do in Sims4. Those of us who enjoy playing families, have also been waiting for new content. Very little has been added for families this year. But that is not the fault of the occult players, or the players that want more for Sim families to do together. It is the teams' responsibility to put out new content. And since we are discussing the choices we have been given to vote for, and give our personal opinions on why and what we chose to vote for, everyone has the right to express themselves. No where in my post did I express any animosity toward occult players. And don't get me started on what Sims3 had for the family players versus what we have in Sims4. That old Sims3 vs Sims4 comparison has no basis here when we are discussing the content in Sims4.

Who cares if they got upset? They have a bunch of features and occult they can play with. I find that group of people constantly upset about something on the forums.

I 100% agree with your previous comment. There has NOT been enough family play what-so-ever. Only Parenthood. How about boarding school like in Generations? I am very annoyed that they just released the magic pack and now another "occult" looking thing? Really? Mermaids came out too. EA needs to do a better job at releasing content that everyone can enjoy. Ive been begging for farming for forever and saw no options related to that. I know that there are robots in University...yet I saw robot related content?

If they dont want to do a farming game pack-then fine. But atleast release something related to kids, teens, and elders.

I have no doubt in my mind that farming is coming. Probably 2020. And if we are patient I think we will eventually get more family stuff too. 🤫🤗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited November 2019

Actually 5 years later compared to other iterations, they have slim to nil only 5 main life states for them, so compare that with how many features CAS players, builders, and family players get it still isn't a lot. Then again I'd like occult family play focused on because let's face it, kids get zilch when it comes to supernaturals. If anything partying has been the main focus for the iteration either by drinking, dancing badly, talking backwards to other Sims, being obsessed with electronics. I've never seen Sims so dumb and lazy in any Sims game before. Then again Sims 4 feels closer to a My Sims 2 game than a teen rated Sims game. I'm still waiting for the Sims 4 to grow up and Sims to stop acting so dumb and mindless and heartless. But I guess with the initial idea of the game was to be a shallow MMO game like SimCity 2013, proves that a Sims game is only as strong as its SimCity counterpart.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Scobre I had to laugh while reading your very on point description of how our Sims act in Sims4. They do seem lazy and a bit selfish at times, don't they? Very self-absorbed and clueless. And I will never understand why the offspring of occult Sims have to wait to follow in their parents's footsteps until they are YAs. In fact, that gave me some insight on why I don't play occult Sims. I did not realize until now, how much I steer away from buying RoM because the Spellcasters cannot teach their own children about potions and spells. I get why the occult players are upset about that a bit better now. Holy cow. That is especially important because witchcraft was a craft handed down through many generations; the elders teaching the youngsters which plants to gather, where to find ingredients for potions, the best way to use potions and cures. Yeah, I'd be upset about that if I were an occult player. Because even my 'normal' Sim parents can't teach kids how to do anything once they age up from a toddler. I'm not talking about manners and responsibility, I'm talking about activities like sports, and woodworking, or even cooking! It's very clear the teams have all but given up on adding anything relating to family activities. And that goes for all families, occult or not.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited November 2019
    @ElenPink I thought you had decided not to play Sims 4 since your epiphany - that you couldn't stomach the game anymore? ;)

I don't think all of the choices were "plum" as you so eloquently put it. I agree much of it simply represents more of what we already have, other things were inspired by Sims 3 content that some may or may not feel impressed with.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »
    @ElenPink I thought you had decided not to play Sims 4 since your epiphany - that you couldn't stomach the game anymore? ;)

I don't think all of the choices were "plum" as you so eloquently put it. I agree much of it simply represents more of what we already have, other things were inspired by Sims 3 content that some may or may not feel impressed with.

Haha, I still can't stomach the game-but I got this mod that I really like that I'm playing with until I get bored and quit the game again.

Boarding schools from Sims 3 would have been nice. How come they didn't add those? They could have added blenders in the kitchen pack. This game has become a money grabbing company, and it is obvious through the poll choices.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    This game has become a money grabbing company, and it is obvious through the poll choices.
    I'm gonna let you in on a secret - ALL companies are money grabbing and want customers to pay as much as possible for as little as possible ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »
    This game has become a money grabbing company, and it is obvious through the poll choices.
    I'm gonna let you in on a secret - ALL companies are money grabbing and want customers to pay as much as possible for as little as possible ;)

Okay but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do and that I want to support it.
    @Scobre I had to laugh while reading your very on point description of how our Sims act in Sims4. They do seem lazy and a bit selfish at times, don't they? Very self-absorbed and clueless. And I will never understand why the offspring of occult Sims have to wait to follow in their parents's footsteps until they are YAs. In fact, that gave me some insight on why I don't play occult Sims. I did not realize until now, how much I steer away from buying RoM because the Spellcasters cannot teach their own children about potions and spells. I get why the occult players are upset about that a bit better now. Holy cow. That is especially important because witchcraft was a craft handed down through many generations; the elders teaching the youngsters which plants to gather, where to find ingredients for potions, the best way to use potions and cures. Yeah, I'd be upset about that if I were an occult player. Because even my 'normal' Sim parents can't teach kids how to do anything once they age up from a toddler. I'm not talking about manners and responsibility, I'm talking about activities like sports, and woodworking, or even cooking! It's very clear the teams have all but given up on adding anything relating to family activities. And that goes for all families, occult or not.
    Yep pretty much. Leaving a legacy is important for all Sims. I am glad you enjoyed it too. I would love to be able to pass down knowledge of those skills too.
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    In my opinion these choices are basically more of the old things. I thought sims 4 was supposed to be a sims game full of stuff we never had before. I voted and filled out the survey but I think they could of had some better options.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life