Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Change Toilet Stalls as Base-game Objects

After the livestream I really dislike the fact that toilet stalls are tied in DU pack. In my opinion, stalls are too common to be exclusive to a certain pack. It feels strange that players have to buy this pack just to build a reasonably realistic public restroom.

Hopefully the developers can rectify this and make toilet stalls available for base game.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What do they look like?

I thought they said the reason they changed the bathrooms this go-round was because we weren’t getting these toilet stalls? Isn’t that why they made it so you only need a wall to separate between toilets?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What do they look like?

I thought they said the reason they changed the bathrooms this go-round was because we weren’t getting these toilet stalls? Isn’t that why they made it so you only need a wall to separate between toilets?

@Chazzzy

They look like toilet stalls.
    They're coming with this pack, they show them off somewhere towards the start of the livestream and in the reveal trailer, one of the girls is seen crying in a toilet stall.

@Simmer_chiyen

They make us pay for a lot of things that could be in the base game, such as swings. And no offense, but why are you so worried about building public restrooms? Most places (from my experience) have one-room bathrooms now, not stalls.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member

They make us pay for a lot of things that could be in the base game, such as swings. And no offense, but why are you so worried about building public restrooms? Most places (from my experience) have one-room bathrooms now, not stalls.

No offense taken, and I know pre-built lots in the game have one-room restrooms. Well, part of my play-style is to renovate the worlds, and restrooms with toilet stalls actually make sense than one-toilet restrooms in many places (e.g., bar, nightclub, library, or museum). I am fully aware of items being exclusive to packs, but logically speaking the essentiality puts toilet stall on a completely different scale from the other items.

I was only sharing how I feel to the team, which I thought is the purpose for this sub.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited November 2019
    They do it for a reason. Bathroom stalls and Bikes used to be a base game content in the past but in The Sims 4 they are major selling points of a 40 dollar pack that beside that is a different skin with different textes to simulate university in a rabitthole galore expansion pack. Recycling features from pack to pack with some new objects. It is what it is! The Sims 4 at is best! It will never change at this point!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’d like that too but I think they do this on purpose to make people buy the EP.
    I like that they have several versions of the toilet stalls. I just don’t get why in the USA they have such a huge gap between the floor and the “wall” of the stall, I remember when I was there it bothered me because there’s like no privacy !!
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’d like that too but I think they do this on purpose to make people buy the EP.
    I like that they have several versions of the toilet stalls. I just don’t get why in the USA they have such a huge gap between the floor and the “wall” of the stall, I remember when I was there it bothered me because there’s like no privacy !!
    The gaps in USA stalls are to prevent people from doing bad things in there, like drugs for example. It's suppose to limit privacy.
    Does it work in the way intended? Nah, I'm pretty sure it only drives off the people who use the bathroom as intended, but hey atleast toilets don't have to get cleaned that often.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    I was hoping they would do the same thing they did previously with the lounge chair that had a base-game patch version and an Island Living-exclusive version.
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
    edited November 2019
    Ok I get it, but I don’t want the person next to me to see what underwear I’m wearing or you know hear too much....and I definitely don’t want to smell or hear what the person next to me is doing!

Good thing though is that if you run out of tp, your neighbor can easily hand you some.
    Vampris wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    The gaps in USA stalls are to prevent people from doing bad things in there, like drugs for example. It's suppose to limit privacy.
    Does it work in the way intended? Nah, I'm pretty sure it only drives off the people who use the bathroom as intended, but hey atleast toilets don't have to get cleaned that often.

edited November 2019
    That would have been nice !
    nucleonide wrote: »
    I was hoping they would do the same thing they did previously with the lounge chair that had a base-game patch version and an Island Living-exclusive version.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Don't give up hope. They may patch them in later on like they did with the laptops and lounge chairs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    edited November 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    Don't give up hope. They may patch them in later on like they did with the laptops and lounge chairs.

Laptops in general really ticked me off. Come to find out they weren't really laptops just reskinned computers and then I got strangerville for nothing because they patched them into the base game
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I think they’ve patched in enough free stuff at this point? There’s nothing strange about having to pay for any kind of toilet, if they made it for this pack?
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I think they’ve patched in enough free stuff at this point? There’s nothing strange about having to pay for any kind of toilet, if they made it for this pack?

You're right, and I'm grateful that they still revisit and add to the base game experience after all this time.

I also realized that toilet stalls require much more dev work than lounge chairs, so probably not too feasible to provide them for free. Still hopeful they'll think of doing it in the future. :)
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    100% agree. Or make a BG version like the laptop in the freelancer career.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I want to second the request in the title. In real life toilet stalls are such trivial every day objects that can be literally seen everywhere. It makes no sense to use them exclusively in university.
    Like others pointed out this should have been handled like laptops and lounge chairs. Patch in one free version for base game.