The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on Science & Technology and Game Tech?

Personally, I think these are great options, as we could get something very akin to Sims 3 Into The Future. I'd love more VR and gaming for my sims. It would be great if it was Cyberpunk themed as well!

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Neither is in my favourites, to be honest. I ranked the Game Tech pack lowest in the survey because it's basically just redesigns of things we already have in the game plus Pokémon Go: Sims Edition.

The only things that interest me about a science pack would be smaller versions of the telescope and microscope as alternatives to the ridiculously oversized base game objects, but I don't think we should be made to pay extra for that, or else "Normal-sized Piano Stuff Pack" will be next.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I loved the suggestion about modular minigolf. I have fond memories of the minigolf in TS2. I also adore all kind of void critter stuff so that one sounded good as well. Sadly I didn't like most of the options in Fun Tech so I couldn't place it high in my voting.

I ended up having science and tech on the second place. Many of those options seems usable, I especially liked the portable telescope and STEM kits for building stuff. It would be nice to stroll around the neighbourhoods and look at the stars. I think they could beef it up to make the telescope worthy of it's own stuff pack.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I voted for Science &Tech first & Arts & Crafts second. I have always wanted a normal sized telescope like the one in Sims 3. The microscope would be pretty cool too. But the reason was because I want children to be able to use them, & this group of developers is too focused on young adults. I would be surprised if kids could use them.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Science was not my first choice, but I would love the smaller tools for my science Sims to use at some point. I used them a lot in Sims 3, but not in 4.
  • TM3305TM3305 Posts: 46 Member
    Was ‘Game Tech’ the same thing as ‘Fun Tech’, as I don’t remember there being a ‘Game Tech’ option?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    It has too much of what we already have. People have complained since day one about the oversized telescope/microscope so I feel they should add smaller versions in a patch. I'm not paying for that when I can currently use a cheat to make the oversized ones smaller. It's buggy, but still. I love the VR stuff, though.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    The smaller microscope and telescope are the only things I'd want in this pack. I'd love to see them patched in.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Ngl I was disapointed with the lack of creativity around the proposals.. The Sims universe has a whacky side that isn’t explored enough, tech and science would be perfect places to explore this. VR gaming, a telescope etc we already have this stuff?? Everyone saying more kids stuff, but no one mentioning the Pokemon go thing?

The mini golf one did sound unexpectedly fun though, and gives a potential for a new community lot type and activity? Fun for kids, elders, dates etc.. Personally, I voted for happy haunts as it seems that’s where all the ideas went lol I would of loved smart homes though, like a proper expansion upon the talking toilet concept.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    To be honest I just can't believe people voted for the science and tech (I think that's the one with the microscope. Can't remember all the names)
    I mean do people really want to pay for smaller objects? Plus the other stuff included with it sounded snoozefest boring.

I'm not into technology but I thought the other tech pack option sounded fun with all of the virtual stuff, sports simulation and pokemon go.
    I mean if given the choice I want sims to interact with eachother and not solo with objects, but for what they offered it sounded fun and I voted second for it. I'm surprised no one seems interested in it.

I respect that each person has their own area of interest as I have mine. But the sims community really does select boring pack options every time. (According to my taste) would I rather play with a small telescope or virtual sports simulation? Hmmmmm 🙄
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like the mini golf. I'd want to be able to have "real" mini-golf courses though I'd also be ok with a virtual golf trainer. (Eh, I actually like the Bowling pack and would like more hobbies like that.)

The science pack got my second choice vote; I liked most of what was in it. I would be cool with cyberpunk or steampunk aesthetics depending on how they are implemented. Eh, that could complement CL very well and add to the city vibe.

Arts or sciences, I like it all.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I like those ideas, but I think some of those things could come with another pack, and some even via patch. Those were my 3. and 4. choices, can't remember which order they were.
  • codylynnclarkcodylynnclark Posts: 11 New Member
    The last three generations of my legacy have been scientists/programmers and I honestly don't feel like they are missing anything mentioned in those two packs. Like everyone else said, I'd love the smaller telescope and microscope, but not enough to vote for the pack.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    I would love to see some holographic action in the Sims4, also, revisiting and expanding on the arcade options present in Sims3 would be nice for a pack. skiball anyone?
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited November 2019
    the options, for people who don't remember:
    02ef4b0ef9f5cc495efa746a3d5fad5139ae2c55.png

i thought all of the science and tech options were horribly boring. the only one i like is the regular sized microscope *telescope, but i really think that item should just be patched in. we don't need an entire pack around it.

as for fun tech, i like the portable hologram idea a lot. the sports screen and virtual putting green / mini golf ideas were alright too.

but overall happy haunts, arts & crafts, and self-care were all more interesting to me than these.
    Post edited by poltergeist on
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I really liked the idea of modular mini golf, but the rest of that pack was meh.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    None of them really interest me at all these solo activities like the sports screen is it really that hard for them to make the Sims interact with each other instead of playing vs someone online how about someone in the same room. At this point I'd vote against anything that said "solo" seeing as solo is all this game offers where are the group activities.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    Very uninteresting in my opinion. There were much better options.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I would've loved those new food science kitchen appliances...
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Did not care for Game Tech at all. It was my last choice. I actually really liked the science and technology, it was my second choice. I usually don't say this but I do feel like small microscope and telescope should come in a free patch. But I was very interested in those two depending on what they add to it. Food science was my 1st choice from that group though.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I hope they do ALL of the "premium object" options listed for this pack and make it into a Game Pack or Expansion pack. Hopefully the ideas for stuff packs don't get just discarded.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.