Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Talent points.

My sim has 15 of them but can't get anymore no matter how much practice she does. She has read all the books, knows all the potions. Is there some kind of limit to how many you can get?

Comments

• ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    I have heard of a bug with the magical blood line that makes it so you can’t gain skill points after a certain point. Does your sim have the magical blood line trait?
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    My sim has maxed out the perks, has 14 points and counting. She doesn't have this Magical Bloodline trait, though (no idea how to get that anyway, I've looked through every aspiration but nope).
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    My sim has maxed out the perks, has 14 points and counting. She doesn't have this Magical Bloodline trait, though (no idea how to get that anyway, I've looked through every aspiration but nope).

Spellcaster babies get it if a parent is a caster. You can’t actively do it without cheats I don’t think.

—T
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »

Spellcaster babies get it if a parent is a caster. You can’t actively do it without cheats I don’t think.

—T

Ah, I had no idea. This is the first time I hear of this trait. Thanks for the info. :)
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I had to take her out, I couldn't fix it. The others are working fine. The trouble began when she drank a potion. I don't know what that had to do with it.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I have a ingame born sim with the ancient blood line trait and her whole system is bugged she never stops getting points but her rank also changes when new points are gained. It goes all over the place from maxed to beginner then back to master then some other rank over and over again and her talent points get refunded and I have to buy the perk again the only way to stop this silly yoyo is to just save and exit the game, then back in she also gains points even when she is not using magic and this creates problems too, she has a toddler and her trait is also ancient blood line
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • GibbanatorGibbanator Posts: 17 Member
    so where do you find the bloodline at on your sim? I have 2 sims and all I can see in there traits is Sage.. but thats not one of the 3 bloodlines.. where do you find that at?
  • GibbanatorGibbanator Posts: 17 Member
    forgot to add that both are wizards
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Gibbanator wrote: »
    so where do you find the bloodline at on your sim? I have 2 sims and all I can see in there traits is Sage.. but thats not one of the 3 bloodlines.. where do you find that at?

Their child will have the weak bloodline trait if the two wizards create a child together.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png