Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should TS4 come to an end and make place for TS5?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I mean, as of now, Discover University is out, and there hasn't been a single hate thread posted since it's release... so sure, The Sims 4 can keep going!

Well, we all know what happens at the start of a release if anything bad is said about a new pack. People get banned. :)

The criticisms will come though the farther away after the release date. Just wait for it.
    Not necessary true. That would be a dumb reason to get banned anyways. Besides Sims fans say much worst than that during the Sims 4 livestreams about the game, the Gurus, game changers and each other and have yet to get banned.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I mean, as of now, Discover University is out, and there hasn't been a single hate thread posted since it's release... so sure, The Sims 4 can keep going!

Maybe no direct hate, (hate is a pretty strong word) but there's a few threads out there kicking around talking about faults, bugs and dislikes. I've definitely seen negatives about it. There's a lot more positives and not near the backlash of IL or ROM but it's still far from perfect. Better than it was. Just depends where you're looking and reading too. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sims 5 should not come out until it is ready. Period.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Technically, literally, yes. If anyone takes the time to read the Nov. 12 patch notes I experienced De ja vu. Some of those notes tell the tale of repeating fixes for the game. Problems I know I had before, way back in 2017 and were stated as fixed a few times and obvivously some of them keep returning. So, while reading the patch notes I noticed things already been fixed a few times, so starting to repeat the same fixes over and over, yes, the game should end even if it's just for the sake of preserving code and game integrity in the long haul. Who wants to keep downloading some same bug fixes they downloaded three years ago or longer. Peat And Repeat.

Yeah - and? It's the way of video games. We didn't stop manufacturing cars and appliances because they have the same issues they've had since conception. You fix the issues and move on. People that don't want to do not have to. The rest of us move on. Life repeats itself - do we all stop living?

The way it's always worked when the new game is ready to launch the old game stops production - that's all it stops. Those who want the new game move on to it and all the ever new customers that happen with every new thing.

Sims prove that - we have way more players today than we ever did with Sims 1,2, and even 3.... The mighty automobile still gets flat tires, still needs a new battery and tune-up and oil change. Daja vu or actually requirement for the vehicle. Life is a repeat - do we stop living because our grandparents had the same things and life had the same problems. It's still a video game we have here and to logically be expected. They get newer and faster but they are still basically the same design they have been and as with all things in life improvement is slow but ever slightly changing.

You know I love you Reg, we've both been around a very long time, twenty years+ but I have to disagree. It's my opinion, that it should end since instead of getting to the bugs that exist they have to keep refixing ones they have already fixed. You mentioned car manufacturing. Well, here's the thing... If I take my car to a mechanic, I don't expect to have to turn around and get the water pump refixed or replaced again next week. Nor do I expect to get a replacement tire and it be busted next week. You make a lot of excuses for this game, but you know as well as I do it ruins the reputation of a franchise for it to become nothing but bug after bug after bug. And even worse, if they have to keep fixing the same bugs over and over because they want to milk the game until it fries.

Just look at the reputation of TS3, yes, it had bugs, it had some universal (general) problems all players had problems with, however, it's TS4 players who state it's a buggy mess and why they like TS4 and not TS3. Therefore, those bugs helped sink TS3's reputation. People play it with mods to take care of all those bugs but really they play with a Story Progression mod and some clean up mods installed. But the reputation of TS3 is it's a buggy mess, we hear that everyday here on TS4. So, why in the world would you want TS4's reputation to become another cliche of it's a buggy mess by the time it ends? I don't, and I won't help that happen. I won't keep buying just so I can go through the same bug fix patches I have already installed three years ago. But if that's what you want to do, more power to you. Happy Simming.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Personally, I'm very much enjoying Sims4. It has grown quite a bit since it began, just as Sims2 ultimately grew. I moved on to Sims3, but had a love/hate relationship with it. The Sims just weren't as quirky, for one, and they did next to nothing on their own, even with autonomy on. I recall the frustration with just having the family sit down to a meal and hold a conversation, that didn't happen unless I orchestrated it. Something that was a given in Sims2.

I'm not always a patient person, but when it comes to this game, I have been willing to wait. The Sims themselves while still not the Sims as in Sims2, are far more like them than the ones in Sims3. Besides, I'm not over-excited to start with just a base game again so soon. I do believe some forget just how barren base games really are. This gaming business is just that a business.There is nothing to suggest EA will put all the things many desire up front in said base game. Why on Earth would they? They know their customers and that we will pay for that which we want, over time. I'm also disappointed in IL, big time disappointed. I don't play it at all. I do like some of the objects, but that's about it. There are far too few lots to move a Sim onto, and the only one large enough for the house I love the most, is mostly underwater. No, I fear that if EA continues along this sad, sloppy trail, the next Sims won't be what any of us wants.

Plus, in order for a game to be ready to release, they would have to be already working on it. I'm uncertain that's happening.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited November 2019
    To7m wrote: »

Oh, idk.
    Some of the things I’ve seen so far; sims from all neighbourhoods showing up on campus and in dorms. No cooking allowed, at all. No potion making, it’s considered cooking. No kids riding bikes. Rabbit hole classes. Sims not going to class.

And that’s just on here. You should see twitter and reddit.

—T

Well to be fair at least here in the states cooking isn't allowed in University unless you get private rental or off campus. You can't even have a hot plate. So we don't find it odd.

Also since before Sims 4 came out the devs and Rachael said there was no end time planned for Sims 4 - it would go longer than previous games and this game engine had a much longer shelf life. She said it would be developed "as long as it was feasible to do so" - so it was planned from before it came out to have at least twice the life of other Sims games - and we are not even there yet.

Nice to see here! Hope you are doing ok? How are you feeling?

Yes, I get that, but America isn’t the only country in the world. These are oversights. It’s obvious. Is just laziness and it short changes the game.

Either way, it doesn’t matter to me any longer I didn’t buy the pack, I was going to get it for the robots but I couldn’t find a firm answer as to whether they were like servos or not and I kinda just lost interest. The game is still going to disappoint me it’s just my sims will be in class when it happens. I’m tired of feeling frustrated and angry at this game. It’s been 5 odd years, if it was going to get any better, it would have.

And if you honestly see this game lasting another, what, 3 or 4 more years? I think you’re a bit unrealistic. That’s 8/9 years total. That’s... a bit nuts imo. The size of it will be huge. That’s no way to run a service. Imagine wanting to install it all once it’s over? 50 odd packs? 150GB install lol, no way, I don’t see it happening.

Then again we had the TS3 store and it is EA we’re talking about. I guess anything goes asking as you’re giving them your money. They’ll take advantage like they always do 🤷🏼‍♂️

—T

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019

Oh, idk.
    Some of the things I’ve seen so far; sims from all neighbourhoods showing up on campus and in dorms. No cooking allowed, at all. No potion making, it’s considered cooking. No kids riding bikes. Rabbit hole classes. Sims not going to class.

And that’s just on here. You should see twitter and reddit.

—T

Well to be fair at least here in the states cooking isn't allowed in University unless you get private rental or off campus. You can't even have a hot plate. So we don't find it odd.

Also since before Sims 4 came out the devs and Rachael said there was no end time planned for Sims 4 - it would go longer than previous games and this game engine had a much longer shelf life. She said it would be developed "as long as it was feasible to do so" - so it was planned from before it came out to have at least twice the life of other Sims games - and we are not even there yet.

Nice to see here! Hope you are doing ok? How are you feeling?

Yes, I get that, but America isn’t the only country in the world. These are oversights. It’s obvious. Is just laziness and it short changes the game.

Either way, it doesn’t matter to me any longer I didn’t buy the pack, I was going to get it for the robots but I couldn’t find a firm answer as to whether they were like servos or not and I kinda just lost interest. The game is still going to disappoint me it’s just my sims will be in class when it happens. I’m tired of feeling frustrated and angry at this game. It’s been 5 odd years, if it was going to get any better, it would have.

And if you honestly see this game lasting another, what, 3 or 4 more years? I think you’re a bit unrealistic. That’s 8/9 years total. That’s... a bit nuts imo. The size of it will be huge. That’s no way to run a service. Imagine wanting to install it all once it’s over? 50 odd packs? 150GB install lol, no way, I don’t see it happening.

Then again we had the TS3 store and it is EA we’re talking about. I guess anything goes asking as you’re giving them your money. They’ll take advantage like they always do 🤷🏼‍♂️

—T

Even with all the limitations of Sims 3 being 32 bit I own the whole store and every pack in Sims 3 - I fixed the routing issues - it took months but I did it and it surprisingly plays fine. Still if they could make it 64 bit I'd be much happier seeing the 32 bit limit makes me have to reboot it every couple hours to have it running it's best as Sims 3 still does not like to release the ram.

Sims 4 NEVER has those problems and actually has a long ways to go to have all the content the store adds to the game - so yes it could easily handle 4 more years of content - especially being 64 bit now. (Thanks for asking - but not well.)

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't know but the frame rates are getting worse. They should fix it. But most likely won't
    edited November 2019
    Not on my pc - steady 59-60 fps all the time on my pc. That's exactly what it is supposed to be for this game.

My Wolfenstein game runs at 143-144 fps and that's what that game supposed to be.

I did not have these framerates until I updated my pc so you need to fix it on your end.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @Writin_Reg It might just been the patch. Normal I start new on the patch cycles that could been why I had the problem. I have took out the sims 4 folder and generated a new one. Haven't been able to test it. Maybe I could get a another new monitor that has higher refresh rate.
    edited November 2019
    james64468 wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg It might just been the patch. Normal I start new on the patch cycles that could been why I had the problem. I have took out the sims 4 folder and generated a new one. Haven't been able to test it. Maybe I could get a another new monitor that has higher refresh rate.

Maybe. I did get a new monitor, a new graphics card, new case, new power supply, new speakers, and new case fans.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Even with all the limitations of Sims 3 being 32 bit I own the whole store and every pack in Sims 3 - I fixed the routing issues - it took months but I did it and it surprisingly plays fine. Still if they could make it 64 bit I'd be much happier seeing the 32 bit limit makes me have to reboot it every couple hours to have it running it's best as Sims 3 still does not like to release the ram.
    >
    > Sims 4 NEVER has those problems and actually has a long ways to go to have all the content the store adds to the game - so yes it could easily handle 4 more years of content - especially being 64 bit now. (Thanks for asking - but not well.)

Firstly, you are in my prayers. My mom is going through the same thing, so I can understand the battle you are going through.

Secondly, I agree that Sims 4 has some more juice to it. I would like the developers to continue working on the traits. The whole distinction of Sims 4 was to create more lifelike emotions to them. We are missing too many traits. I would like to see Bossy, Petty, Eccentric, Repentance, Bravery, Compassion, Empathy, Grateful, Whimsical, Pride, Honor, etc.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I appreciate the story and the lore. Sims 3 takes place 25 yrs before TS1. TS2 takes places 25 years after. I was looking forward to see how they would continue the story. When I found out that Sims 4 is an alternate reality, I was utterly disappointed. I was so invested in the story. I wanted to know what happened to these Sims. I was hoping that TS4 would take 25 yrs after TS2.

This actually really bugged me too. I was looking forward to the lore! This alternate universe was just an excuse to not bother with following the lore. :/

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Honestly, I'm not so optimistic about Sims 5 anymore. Realm of Magic was the final pack I've purchased (own all EPs (minus DU), GPs, and SPs. I've gotten to the point I've deleted my entire Mods/CC folder and uninstalled. Sims 4 is nowhere near as enjoyable as TS1/TS2/TS3. I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for saying this (I don't care), but EA has turned the Sims Franchise into a joke with this iteration.

Game is too predictable (boring) and lacks ambition and it shows throughout. Lack of creativity found in builds, world restrictions; can't add or delete lots, limited to few empty residential lots, buy/build items are reskins of one another, animation lacking complexity (StrangerVille "vaccination" was just throwing a glass of water at Sim" is just lazy. Moodlets are useless. Regardless of traits, Sims act the same. No consequences. No cars, snow in Seasons lack field depth, swimming is locked to one world, no control over occult/townie population (why did all my townies become x, y, or z or why are they spawning). No burglars, no police, no firefighters. I could go on, but I won't.

I appreciate the story and the lore. Sims 3 takes place 25 yrs before TS1. TS2 takes places 25 years after. I was looking forward to see how they would continue the story. When I found out that Sims 4 is an alternate reality, I was utterly disappointed. I was so invested in the story. I wanted to know what happened to these Sims. I was hoping that TS4 would take 25 yrs after TS2.

As a long time Sims Fan, I am so disappointed. Why should I continue to get my hopes up? Why should I spend money on future packs in hopes that it will get better? It won't. Why continue to deceive myself? Why should I lower my standards just because EA lowered theirs? As of today, I'm done with TS4. I'll be sticking with TS2 and TS3, thank you very much.

Edit: Also, the reason why some life states are lacking is because EA is too focused in the Young Adult Lifestate. Um, hey EA, you do know there are other life states, right?

I couldn't agree more, and still I see people saying TS4 has its potential 5 years after...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

This actually really bugged me too. I was looking forward to the lore! This alternate universe was just an excuse to not bother with following the lore. :/

Same. It was one of the things I was really excited to see where they would go with it when the game first came out. When I saw that they didn't continue with the lore I was very disappointed.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes, it should.

We need a clean slate, a new (base) game with less limitations.
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    > @Jordan061102 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I couldn't agree more, and still I see people saying TS4 has its potential 5 years after...

I can understand your frustration. However, I've just started playing Sims, so the importance of the earlier versions of Sims is not relevant to me, nor do I have a desire to play them. I still see more juice in Sims 4, and the sales volume testifies to that.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I agree as well.

To me, it just showed a disdain and lack of interest in continuing years of stories that have been building up with each iteration and pack. They claimed it was to get everyone in one game, whereas instead, it just affected the identity of The Sims. This isn't even factoring how a ton of the premade Sims in TS4 look NOTHING like their past iterations (especially the Caliente family).

The new premades bombed too. For a game that touts itself all around offering the ability to tell stories, it sure can't tell a good one itself. :neutral:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I agree as well.

To me, it just showed a disdain and lack of interest in continuing years of stories that have been building up with each iteration and pack. They claimed it was to get everyone in one game, whereas instead, it just affected the identity of The Sims. This isn't even factoring how a ton of the premade Sims in TS4 look NOTHING like their past iterations (especially the Caliente family).

The new premades bombed too. For a game that touts itself all around offering the ability to tell stories, it sure can't tell a good one itself. :neutral:
    That bothers me too about the premades with the base game and yes the whole Caliente family looks like they visited a botched plastic surgeon. One of the few I was happy with was the Goth family. Dirk Dreamer and Dustin Broke they botched with the eye color with, so a lot of the Sims 2 premades I am having to fix with the CAS cheat. Fun fact I learned too from the Gurus, more cheats you put in the game, the more it messes up coding so game has potential to crash more simply by entering cheats into it. I get tired of all the premades looking like supermodels who don't eat, so it is only with the packs released this year, they started to look like they eat more than just tissues thankfully. There is a lot Sims 4 has to do with diversity that the game barely has scratched the surface on five years later.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I agree as well.

That bothers me too about the premades with the base game and yes the whole Caliente family looks like they visited a botched plastic surgeon. One of the few I was happy with was the Goth family. Dirk Dreamer and Dustin Broke they botched with the eye color with, so a lot of the Sims 2 premades I am having to fix with the CAS cheat. Fun fact I learned too from the Gurus, more cheats you put in the game, the more it messes up coding so game has potential to crash more simply by entering cheats into it. I get tired of all the premades looking like supermodels who don't eat, so it is only with the packs released this year, they started to look like they eat more than just tissues thankfully. There is a lot Sims 4 has to do with diversity that the game barely has scratched the surface on five years later.

Bella & Mortimer Goth came out great to me. Cassandra and Alex? Eh, could have been better.

It just seems Bella Goth is the only premade Sim that Maxis can hang onto at this point, with the credit going to TS2's developers who came up with the whole dark mystery of her disappearance and other crazy antics going on within Pleasantview. I don't think the series has really come up with any other interesting and fun mysteries or stories since TS2. Their creativity within story telling is pretty lame, especially going off of Strangerville.

Speaking of which, I also feel the series struggles with the ability to tell a great story and have it unfold with the player's input. I'm not saying I want a story mode for The Sims, and definitely don't want linear, scripted gameplay that gets old after the first playthrough, but I think there could be other ways that our Sims can be more involved with the world around them, including the lives of premades from each world they visit/live in.

I think it's something that should be looked at with The Sims 5. In fact, I'm hoping we see lots of innovations and changes within gameplay with the next base game. Although credit should be given to TS3 for actually attempting to change the formula of the series, it definitely feels like we've been playing poorly recycled gameplay from TS2 since it ended.
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    TS5 should be geared towards modern, medium spec PC’s. I’m sorry to all those that still game with potato spec laptops but Sims have to move on, if Sims 5 ends up like Sims 4 did at release then the series may die!

Sims 4 would still be there for those who don’t meet the minimum specs of Sims 5. Also Sims 4 has more than enough content to play with
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    If anyone wants to update and look for new packs there are a lot of great deals on Origin today, some 75% off. Unfortunately I have everything but the more packs you have for Sims 4 the more enjoyable it is.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If anyone wants to update and look for new packs there are a lot of great deals on Origin today, some 75% off. Unfortunately I have everything but the more packs you have for Sims 4 the more enjoyable it is.

This information would probably be more pertinent, and appreciated, in general discussion. 🙂