Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where Can I Purchase...

kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
Where can I purchase TS2 UC legally. Seems like all the popular legit sites stopped selling it after EA ended support for it, and amazon only sells the base game. Does anyone know if there’s still a couple stores where I can legally purchase it?

Comments

• Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Amazon sells the expansions too. I bought them from Amazon very recently. I’m not sure you can get the UC anywhere.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
    Sad, I was hoping to buy it all together as one :/
    Yes, it is sad. ☹️ I think EA could make a lot of money selling TS2 UC.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • justlexijustlexi Posts: 57 Member
    So it still exists, The Sims 2 will always be my favorite among the game series.
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    Try eBay I brought my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from them for a reasonable price
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Demery27 Sims UC was never sold. Ever. It was only ever free as a digital download to those who had Sims 2 registered on Origin. (And some who called customer service and convinced them to give it to them.) So whatever you bought was either somehow stolen or is not UC.

@pridesnazz You've been reported.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    I was going to suggest ebay too. I've been having a lot of luck with prices being much better on ebay compared to amazon lately
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • TM3305TM3305 Posts: 46 Member
    If you live in the UK or anywhere else that has it (I know some European Countries have it now), try CeX. If you don’t mind getting each pack individually, they’re very well priced.
  • TM3305TM3305 Posts: 46 Member
    > @TM3305 said:
    > If you live in the UK or anywhere else that has it (I know some European Countries have it now), try CeX. If you don’t mind getting each pack individually, they’re very well priced.

I bought Apartment Life for £10 ($13) and Glamour Life Stuff for £1.50 ($2) a few years ago and FreeTime for £5 ($6.50) in 2016, so they’re most likely cheaper now.
  • hennatinhennatin Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone have experience about buying EP's from another country? Do they work normally if I choose my own language when installing, or do they even install altogether? I can't find (used) Apartment life anywhere in my home country and I was thinking about ordering one from Amazon, but it is in a language I don't speak.
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2020
    I had my old The Sims 2 CD but it was scratched and didn't work anymore. I had never had it in Origin or anything like that. I contacted EA and when I provided them the picture of my base game disc and serial number of my game copy, they provided me Ultimate Collection via Origin.
    @RiverX2Bananas when? Just recently?
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    @Destin2016 I can't remember exactly, but it was after they stopped giving out those free codes just for anyone who asked. I got it because I could show them I had already purchased the copy (actual CD).
    @RiverX2Bananas Thanks!
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    It's annoying that they won't make it available to purchase on Origin. I had the Sims 2 and many of the packs but traded them in years ago (my current PC doesn't even have a CD drive). I wasn't aware that the UC was being given out to those who asked until recently, and apparently that's ended now.

I think they know if the Sims 2 UC was available at a reasonable price on Origin it would lower demand for Sims 4 content. All about the monies.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's annoying that they won't make it available to purchase on Origin. I had the Sims 2 and many of the packs but traded them in years ago (my current PC doesn't even have a CD drive). I wasn't aware that the UC was being given out to those who asked until recently, and apparently that's ended now.

I think they know if the Sims 2 UC was available at a reasonable price on Origin it would lower demand for Sims 4 content. All about the monies.

EA sent everyone an email in 2014 if they had ever registered any TS2 base or EP etc. It might have wound up in a spam/junk folder in some people's emails and not been seen. The so called free give away was actually an email to those who had ever registered the game or EPs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    EA sent everyone an email in 2014 if they had ever registered any TS2 base or EP etc. It might have wound up in a spam/junk folder in some people's emails and not been seen. The so called free give away was actually an email to those who had ever registered the game or EPs.

Thanks for the information. It was such a long time ago that I played TS2 and I can't remember if I ever registered the games online, or which email address I used :D .

I would be willing to pay again to get the UC on Origin, but EA are obviously not willing to sell.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Thanks for the information. It was such a long time ago that I played TS2 and I can't remember if I ever registered the games online, or which email address I used :D .

I would be willing to pay again to get the UC on Origin, but EA are obviously not willing to sell.

Maybe because it might out sell TS4's base. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Maybe because it might out sell TS4's base. ;)

You've hit the nail on the head there.

• JordanRedJordanRed Posts: 2 New Member
    buying digitally is ur best option unfortunately
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    JordanRed wrote: »

Where?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    JordanRed wrote: »

Where?

You can't buy the UC. It was a free promotion a few years ago.