Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on University

I've had the chance to play through and receive a diploma. The sim I used was from an existing household, and she was accepted a day before she aged into Young Adult. I pulled her from the household so she could attend University alone. She chose Foxbury and got her diploma in Computer Science.

Her first term was 2 classes, one core and one elective, and she joined the school soccer team. It was a little hard to manage everything, at first. There is no "timer" on the term paper or presentation actions, so you have no idea how far along they are as they're working on those. Same with the edit term paper and refine presentation. Homework wasn't immediately obvious to me either, though when I showed up day 1 without it done, I searched around for how to do it.

It took 4 terms to get her degree, which was her entire Young Adult life span. It felt much too long, overall. Slightly compensated by getting in her career at level 8 a few days into Adult. Now I know you really need to take 4 classes a term and forgo the soccer team if you want any life left beyond the degree.

What I hated was this:

I get through all that, and on the morning of the last day of term, my sim gets a move out notice. It's Friday, and she has class at 8am. I prepare and clear her stuff into her inventory, but before I can get to class, the University kicked her out of her dorm and she had to scramble to find a place to live. She ended up missing her first class, and her Finals, because of it.

Even worse, at 6pm when she was expected to play in her last soccer game, she was dismissed from the team. That's that, I guess.

What I want:

I liked the experience over all, but that last day of term sucked badly. The University should not kick you out of the dorm before you can even get to your last day of classes. You should get to stay until the class day is finished, and you should get to play your last 2 soccer games for Friday and Saturday. The kick out should be on Saturday night.

Dez

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Just curious. What living arrangements did you come up with on her final day?
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Oh, my! This really makes me reconsider purchasing until this is fixed.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    That's odd. My sim didn't get that notification until after her last class and all of her finals had been turned in.
  • DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    I moved her back into the main family, and then evicted them so she could continue the legacy, lol. The notification I got was at 3am to move out, it was a 3 hour pack up, and immediately when it ended I was evicted.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Thanks for sharing! Maybe stop aging until your sim has graduated from uni. That way, you can enjoy everything that you want your sims to do and try at university without feeling rushed. That's what I always do. When they finish uni and are back in their homeworld, I restart aging then.
  • DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    I prefer to play with aging on. I did a second sim, the first sims son, through uni now. For him, he took 4 courses a term, for 3 terms, which felt a lot better overall. Also, his term started on Thursday. My first sim's term started on Monday, which I assumed was a "normal" term. His went a ton smoother, and made way more sense. Thursday through Wednesday worked out great, AND he didn't get the call to pack up until Friday morning, which was after his last classes.

For my first sim, getting the Friday morning packup really messed her up for the Friday morning classes though.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Sounds about as awesome as all of the other ts4 "expansions."
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2019
    Huh weird. Mine got this notification only the day following her graduation party. So she finished her final exams, went out, got up and went to her graduation, had a big dorm party, went to bed and only then did she get the eviction notice. I wonder why I didn't have this issue but it would annoy me a lot if this were to happen at some point 🤔