Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University-Term paper?

I think it's called the term paper,which is one of the course tasks,could do with a progress bar or % compleat thingy like with homework...

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Much needed!
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Why? You're already shown the quality of your term paper.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Why? You're already shown the quality of your term paper.
    Yes you are so I don't know why you would need a bar to see if you finished it or not.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited November 2019
    Because you're show the quality xD! When it's outstanding... stop working? My sim stoped on his own at each quality threshold, I really don't see what a progress bar would do. And imagine, a progress bar towards 'outstanding quality', your sims will be like 'yes one more word and this will be perfect!'. No better let them decide when they feel it's outstanding or not.
    Post edited by Dijktafone on
    I’d just like to know how much longer they’ll be banging away on the keyboard so I can plan the rest of their day more effectively.
    Quick tip. Do one term apper and calculate the time it takes you. That's more efficient that waiting for a progress circle to fill itself. Progress bar doesn't tell me 'it will take you two hours to "research stocks"'. I know it takes two hours because I calculated it. Do the same with your term paper, relaod if need be, then plan your day.
    Sigh. Maybe I’ll give that a try. I don’t really want to use notes and a stopwatch to play a video game. The in-game progress visuals give a good enough estimate; hopefully they’ll add one for term paper.
    In game it gives: 3 hours to write, and roughly 2 and a half hours to edit :)
  • DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    I agree, there's no reason not to have a progress bar. I wish it had one.
  • hotpinkkt_24hotpinkkt_24 Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't know why it's taking me so long to wrote the term paper. Took 7 hours to finish the draft and so far another 7 and it's only normal quality. Ugh
  • Barney111Barney111 Posts: 20 Member
    i'm so glad i found this discussion as it was something i was thinking aswell! Would make it that little bit easier if it had a progress bar, but then i suppose handing it in and having to redo it is part of university life, just makes it all seem more confusing trying to balance all the classes and homework lol
  • commwheelcommwheel Posts: 11 New Member
    I think this could come handy, though it is not really necessary.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I literally just sit my Sim down in the best mood to learn the skill the class teaches, and have them write until it is done. Then, immediately if there is time or otherwise when convenient, I sit them down again in the appropriate mood and let them edit it until it is done. I have never not produced an Outstanding term paper with this routine. Ideally, I have enrolled on Friday, and the term paper is finished and turned in by Sunday, before classes start.

A progress wheel might be nice? But I don't check, because I use a binary state: unfinished or finished. I don't need to look. Are they writing? Okay, they aren't done yet.