Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

omg!! stop already game devs!!

Comments

• ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    You do know this is a sims game and if you don't like the townies no one is stopping you from replacing them how you want them.
    I think we all know this is a Sims game, lol. I try deleting them or give them makeovers, but the game just keeps creating those horrid Sims.
    He/Him
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    Words of wisdom include, Patreon, Deaderpool, MCCC and Population controls. That can help a lot to fix the EA rubbish that game made sims are.

Other than that I am so fed up with the intrusive autonomy of the ingame code.

STOP it EA. OUR computers, OUR commands come first!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited November 2019
    Arzekial wrote: »
    MC Population>Population_RandomUseTraySimPercent

Determines the chance that a Sim randomly generated by the Sims 4 will import the name and appearance of a Sim from the library of the player instead. 100% means only tray Sims will be used. 0% means no tray Sims will be used.

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings > Import Tray Sim Percent

Tray = Library. So with this you can set your game to only import sims you created or downloaded from the gallery from your library into your game.

Will it download and place entire families in your library?

@Arzekial It doesn’t place sims into your library it places sims from your library into your game, and with the proper settings you can have only sims from your library as townies instead of the EA/game generated ones. If you have families in your library it will place the sims one by one as separate households at least that’s my experience with it. Admittedly I am still familiarizing myself with it. But what I can say is most of my townies in my saves are sims from my library and since they are background and I’m not likely going to play them, I don’t feel fussed if their family connection from the library is broken or not.

Edit:I didn’t see this until after I wrote my answer but yes, this is my experience too.
    From my experience using it, no; it takes individual Sims from family households and places them down as single townies in my case. Unless Deaderpool has changed this to be more efficient and reliable, that's what'll happen.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i think this is an unpopular opinion, but i'd MUCH rather see new, random townies around my world even if they're ugly than premades i've seen a billion times
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    cas.fulleditmode is your friend in the dorms, I would use it on each roommate that spawned. It’s a bit time consuming, but goes quicker if you use styled looks and default face and body templates. They don’t always seem to want to keep their outfits (might be mccc causing this for me), but they look worlds better.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    You do know this is a sims game and if you don't like the townies no one is stopping you from replacing them how you want them.
    I think we all know this is a Sims game, lol. I try deleting them or give them makeovers, but the game just keeps creating those horrid Sims.
    Yeah story progression both for the Sims 3 and 4 have been a chaotic pile of mess. Why I have had to use MCCC mod for Sims 4 and NRAAs mod for the Sims 3. Their discord is super friendly too. I might have to tag @egwarhammer on help regarding this thread. She helped me with my settings and has been a huge lifesaver for me and so many others with Deaderpool 's mod. There have been so many complaints about how story progression has ruined diversity in the game whether it was too many Sims wearing the hijaab, too many supernaturals, too many tragic clowns etc. Every patch and pack brings in a new story progression issue and you would think they would have changed the coding 10 years later, but it is just as buggy as it was since the Sims 3. Makes articles like this come off as a complete lie about the Sims being inclusive towards Simmers when townies can't even be. https://www.ea.com/news/promoting-inclusion-through-ergs?utm_campaign=ea_hd_ww_ic_ic_twt_simsergs-11202019-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=61447&ts=1574300918006
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah story progression both for the Sims 3 and 4 have been a chaotic pile of mess. Why I have had to use MCCC mod for Sims 4 and NRAAs mod for the Sims 3. Their discord is super friendly too. I might have to tag @egwarhammer on help regarding this thread. She helped me with my settings and has been a huge lifesaver for me and so many others with Deaderpool 's mod. There have been so many complaints about how story progression has ruined diversity in the game whether it was too many Sims wearing the hijaab, too many supernaturals, too many tragic clowns etc. Every patch and pack brings in a new story progression issue and you would think they would have changed the coding 10 years later, but it is just as buggy as it was since the Sims 3. Makes articles like this come off as a complete lie about the Sims being inclusive towards Simmers when townies can't even be. https://www.ea.com/news/promoting-inclusion-through-ergs?utm_campaign=ea_hd_ww_ic_ic_twt_simsergs-11202019-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=61447&ts=1574300918006

I was more of an awesomemod storyprog myself, but the simple fact I (we, albeit a different one) had to use an external program tells a lot. E.A. LOVES to mingle in our savegames. Anybody remembers those early sims 4 days when EVERY sim in town had at least 4 love affairs, ALL including random townies. Well, this was their storyprog... a greet at random in the streets, and you had yourself an affair. This was unacceptable, even moreso when you consider sims don't need help to start an 'illegal' relationship o:)

This part has been rightfully cleaned-up; next step is to give all simmers THE OPTION to stop randomisation; like that everybody will be happy.

And this... OP and I don't want to replace them, just consistent ones, akin to Dirk Dreamer (or dare I say the name... Goopy GilsCabro) and his likes; townies, premade by E.A., part of the community on every save.
    Post edited by Dijktafone on
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I used to be so frustrated at the Anari Ansaki Whatever Their Name Is NPCs and also the crazy looking ones. Now I honestly have fun seeing those. Some of them really make me laugh, but I don't really mess with them. I usually create some sims to populate the world or just get involved with the premades.

I don't use mods, but I wonder if there's a cheat that allows you to change NPCs in CAS?
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2019
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    And this... OP and I don't want to replace them, just consistent ones, akin to Dirk Dreamer (or dare I say the name... Goopy GilsCabro) and his likes; townies, premade by E.A., part of the community on every save.

i don't care how they look tho i wouldn't mind if they would look less whacky. people here all state they like them because of diversity?? they all look the same -.- Always pears Always the same old tiny eyes And there is even less variety in those flagged as Sulani natives… so much for this variety people keep yapping on about :p even the vanilla premades are more diverse than the massive army of randoms the game Always throws at me. if it was just their looks i could just sigh and move on...my major problem is how heavily the game favors them over premades or townies i made myself. i can plant 100 of my own creations and i will still see the same old game generated sims populate the world wherever i go and those 100 sims i made almost never even show up: just the same old 3 Genjis and 5 Nakamuras all day long.

and yeah i do prefer consistent sims as in the premades because they have a story to them. i love storytelling hence why i love families like the Bjergsens and especially families like the Villareals, Landgraabs and the Goths. their traits suit their bios and you can give a ton of spins to their stories for more immersion. this just cannot be done with the randoms because well...they are just there, they have zero story and their traits rarely mix and never make any sense if looking at their aspirations (why would someone who hates kids want a big family??? and why would a lazy sim want to be a bodybuilder?? i have seen this kind of stuff several times!!)… yet the game favors them to the point where it is just you and them while sims with potential like Zoe Patel or Nalani are reduced to vendors.

and now with University it has gotten so bad that i don't even care about the whole social aspect of University at all: i just lock my sim in his/her dorm room IF i even bother moving to a dormatory at all! atm i just do it at home because it is easier and at least i am not surrounded by those whacky Genjis all day long continuously bothering me while i try to do my homework or whatever...lately sims are extremely obnoxious for some reason and never leave me alone anymore...and sure if it were sims i actually care to know or befriend it would be fine by me but it's nothing but random generated sims whom i try to avoid because i don't want to know them or have them pester me all day with those annoying festival or celeb meet and greet Phone calls which also really are getting on my nerves.

i can applaud variety but yeah i usually prefer sims with an actual story and thought put into them instead of just a fully randomized mishmash (but yet ALWAYS the pear shape, CL clothing and the pointy goatie or that whacky curly moustache)
    edited November 2019

i don't care how they look tho i wouldn't mind if they would look less whacky. people here all state they like them because of diversity?? they all look the same -.- Always pears Always the same old tiny eyes And there is even less variety in those flagged as Sulani natives… so much for this variety people keep yapping on about :p even the vanilla premades are more diverse than the massive army of randoms the game Always throws at me. if it was just their looks i could just sigh and move on...my major problem is how heavily the game favors them over premades or townies i made myself. i can plant 100 of my own creations and i will still see the same old game generated sims populate the world wherever i go and those 100 sims i made almost never even show up: just the same old 3 Genjis and 5 Nakamuras all day long.

and yeah i do prefer consistent sims as in the premades because they have a story to them. i love storytelling hence why i love families like the Bjergsens and especially families like the Villareals, Landgraabs and the Goths. their traits suit their bios and you can give a ton of spins to their stories for more immersion. this just cannot be done with the randoms because well...they are just there, they have zero story and their traits rarely mix and never make any sense if looking at their aspirations (why would someone who hates kids want a big family??? and why would a lazy sim want to be a bodybuilder?? i have seen this kind of stuff several times!!)… yet the game favors them to the point where it is just you and them while sims with potential like Zoe Patel or Nalani are reduced to vendors.

and now with University it has gotten so bad that i don't even care about the whole social aspect of University at all: i just lock my sim in his/her dorm room IF i even bother moving to a dormatory at all! atm i just do it at home because it is easier and at least i am not surrounded by those whacky Genjis all day long continuously bothering me while i try to do my homework or whatever...lately sims are extremely obnoxious for some reason and never leave me alone anymore...and sure if it were sims i actually care to know or befriend it would be fine by me but it's nothing but random generated sims whom i try to avoid because i don't want to know them or have them pester me all day with those annoying festival or celeb meet and greet Phone calls which also really are getting on my nerves.

i can applaud variety but yeah i usually prefer sims with an actual story and thought put into them instead of just a fully randomized mishmash (but yet ALWAYS the pear shape, CL clothing and the pointy goatie or that whacky curly moustache)

I know right! Anyway, what's a university without Heather Huffington? Asking the real questions here! For the rest, Yep I agree as far as the 'diversity', or lack therof, the fact they push others as vendors, while THEY should be the ones. Also anytime a random shows up, that means a premade is benched.

I don't often praise TS3, but at least they got the job done on townies. When you look at the crazy amount of them reside in Bridgeport, you got the feeling the town is well covered. They roughly have one for each fillable job in town. Wouldn't it be glorious to have that in TS4, instead of randoms who basicly wanna troll you with their aspirations?

Also yeah, general obnoxiousness noted, from here too. I went back to an old save, to calculate the time it took for a term paper (3h to write and 2.5h to refine, if you wanna know), and my poor sim has been bombarded by randoms (also Julia and her roomie, but shh, let that be a secret)!

And hey dude, wouldn't you know, but the other day, a random my sim DID NOT KNOW, came and... knocked at his door. I mean, whaaaaat?

So yeah I see we still want the same thing: premade townies, no matter their shape and color. Speaking of, there's a lot of them colors now. Some are like... grey something. They look like ashen ones to me :D

P.S. I see you love the Goths. Surely you noticed than Mortimer is essentially 40 years old, Bella 20, and cassandra 12... :#
    I sort of... don't wanna ask the real questions here.
    edited November 2019
    P.S. I see you love the Goths. Surely you noticed than Mortimer is essentially 40 years old, Bella 20, and cassandra 12... :#

yeah i noticed and it never made sense to me, especially since Morty and Bella should be around the same age since they know eachother since they were both kids.

and when did Bella get Cassandra?? when she was a toddler/child??? never made sense to me hence why i Always age Bella up to adult so it adds up again :p

btw the "townies" in bridgeport were also premades, just unhoused. you had Becca Bijou who actually was Sugar Bijou's sister and there was also one who is Matthew Hammings brother (michael Sleep iirc) and ofcourse Bridget Hemlock, Wogan's sis :) very lovely lady but yeah, no weird beekeeper infestation in ts 3 (random generated festival vendors in ts 3 were a bit too fond of the beekeeper hat :p go figure)
    (also Julia and her roomie, but shh, let that be a secret)!

lolwhut? you actually got them as roomies?? when i moved into that dorm they were just gone and replaced by Genji Ghomari and Tetsu Yamaguchi -.-

yeah i noticed and it never made sense to me, especially since Morty and Bella should be around the same age since they know eachother since they were both kids.

and when did Bella get Cassandra?? when she was a toddler/child??? never made sense to me hence why i Always age Bella up to adult so it adds up again :p

btw the "townies" in bridgeport were also premades, just unhoused. you had Becca Bijou who actually was Sugar Bijou's sister and there was also one who is Matthew Hammings brother (michael Sleep iirc) and ofcourse Bridget Hemlock, Wogan's sis :) very lovely lady but yeah, no weird beekeeper infestation in ts 3 (random generated festival vendors in ts 3 were a bit too fond of the beekeeper hat :p go figure)

lolwhut? you actually got them as roomies?? when i moved into that dorm they were just gone and replaced by Genji Ghomari and Tetsu Yamaguchi -.-

Yes those ones. And the NRAAS allowed you to place whoever of them you wanted, at whatever job you wanted. That'd be useful, a mod like that for your Nalani/Zoe issues!

For the two girls well I've been forced with them, as I picked the... I think it's 'Drake' dorm or something. I didn't know what i was dooing and I lost my house in the process XD.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited November 2019
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    i think this is an unpopular opinion, but i'd MUCH rather see new, random townies around my world even if they're ugly than premades i've seen a billion times
    Which is why there should be player controls for people like me who do not and people like you who do, a sandbox game should have options.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited November 2019
    Yes those ones. And the NRAAS allowed you to place whoever of them you wanted, at whatever job you wanted. That'd be useful, a mod like that for your Nalani/Zoe issues!

For the two girls well I've been forced with them, as I picked the... I think it's 'Drake' dorm or something. I didn't know what i was dooing and I lost my house in the process XD.

*sigh* yeah if only… Nraas MC was great :)

you can buy your house back but i have to agree the dorm system in this game is really bad. not sure why they went with this bad system tho ?? the way it worked in ts 3 was good was it not? why not use it again???

think they reside in Wyvern but mehh tried both and nothing but Genjis in those and the two ladies were evicted and thrown in the not in world bin
    edited November 2019

*sigh* yeah if only… Nraas MC was great :)

you can buy your house back but i have to agree the dorm system in this game is really bad. not sure why they went with this bad system tho ?? the way it worked in ts 3 was good was it not? why not use it again???

think they reside in Wyvern but mehh tried both and nothing but Genjis in those and the two ladies were evicted and thrown in the not in world bin

Wow you've been particularly unlucky! I mean when I loaded their lot first, I had an outdated NPCC mod laying about, and so essentially none of those sims got generated, which ended by us being the three of us for a whole semester. Maybe a direction you wanna look into, even though this outdated mod prevented any activities such as the debate club-something. Once I deleted that mod, I had to debate vs Jacques Villareal, I know you want that o:)

As to why it's different than in TS3, that's cause you don't "change worlds" when you go to uni this time. I mean... you don't got your sim deleted and replaced by a clone in a new world xD
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited November 2019
    I had a mod that stopped random townies from generating. Meaning, all my created sims filled NPC roles and populated areas. And, for added control, I manually set which sims would full these roles. So, there were no rich sims that were suddenly bartenders. It was nice. The mod is called NPCC if anyone is interested (though, since I took it out before the patch, I'm not even sure if it still works).

But I took it out because, eventually, every single one of my sims had really, really extensive family trees and most of them were related to each other in some way or another. Like, some married couples in my game share the same great-great-great grandmother, lol. So, it was like this small town where absolutely no outsiders came in. Ever.

I decided that that wasn't really realistic after a while.

So now, I just edit the townies and/or delete them as I go. The downside is that I end up spending more time editing townies than I do playing the game, lol.
    gemjas wrote: »
    I had a mod that stopped random townies from generating. Meaning, all my created sims filled NPC roles and populated areas. And, for added control, I manually set which sims would full these roles. So, there were no rich sims that were suddenly bartenders. It was nice. The mod is called NPCC if anyone is interested (though, since I took it out before the patch, I'm not even sure if it still works).

But I took it out because, eventually, every single one of my sims had really, really extensive family trees and most of them were related to each other in some way or another. Like, some married couples in my game share the same great-great-great grandmother, lol. So, it was like this small town where absolutely no outsiders came in. Ever.

I decided that that wasn't really realistic after a while.

So now, I just edit the townies and/or delete them as I go. The downside is that I end up spending more time editing townies than I do playing the game, lol.

She must've been quite the busy woman! Being the common denominator in an entire town's population is a feat of legends.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Big advocate for a toggle to turn random townie generation on/off over here.

Honestly, it's not their looks or questionable fashion sense that drives me up the wall, it's that they are literally everywhere and will not leave my Sim alone.

I would prefer to have only the pre-mades in my game. It's those Sims that I want to get to know and learn more about their backstory. Having random townies constantly hound my Sim when I'm trying to get them to interact with the pre-mades is so immersion breaking.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.

Honestly, it's not their looks or questionable fashion sense that drives me up the wall, it's that they are literally everywhere and will not leave my Sim alone.

I would prefer to have only the pre-mades in my game. It's those Sims that I want to get to know and learn more about their backstory. Having random townies constantly hound my Sim when I'm trying to get them to interact with the pre-mades is so immersion breaking.
    That would be the ideal option. That way some Simmers that want to be a god of their own game can and those that like having the game be the god can be too. Simmers should have the option to simulate the game themselves or have the game do the simulation for them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Oh that had to do it a Sims 2 bug which became part of the storyline. Strangetown Bella was actually the clone of Bella Goth. Aliens still had the real Bella abducted. SimGuruLyndsay or SimGuruGrant explained it better with the Sims podcast about it. Only way you could get her back was using a mod that inspired the story progression mod called insiminator. Also how I was able to make supernatural hybrids of seven different supernaturals.
    edited November 2019

Exactly!! you get what i am trying to say :D if it was just their whacky appearance who would care you know. but it's how excessively intrusive and dominantly present they are what is destroying the immersion of the game for me. they just never back off and follow your sims around like rabid fans (yeah i know my sims are awesome but seriously...get lost Genji!). i too want my sims story to revolve around them and certain premades instead of some randomized nobodies with zero interesting plots around them.

i tested it with a 100% hermit: about 5 of them spawned and they walk by my house literally 24/7, same old 5 randoms and they patrol around my house like hyenas waiting for my sims to come out... and even if you take one step out the door to grab a collectible or something they will instantly swarm you trying to force a conversation...and god forbid they get a greeting of -.- prepare for the Phone call aggrevation!! and way too often the game tries to force a flirty one, especially if it is one of those elder pears >.< i am not sure why the game is so heavily in love with those randoms but i for one don't like it how heavily dominantly present they are atm because indeed! it is ruining the immersion of the game for me.

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    EA Creates,EA Controls,EA Rules. THis is the reason I pretty much stopped playing Sims 4 and switched to better games like Angry Birds and Minecraft..I'm hoping Sims 5 will be better.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have DU and used MCCC to keep game generated NPCs at bay. I noticed though, that although the game has generate my library-saved premades, the game automatically wants to redress them in those hideous outfits even with the option checked to keep them in the clothes chosen for them.
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    People and sims are not trash they should be treated like any other person should be. In real life you run in to random people when your out and about. The Sims 4 is a life simulator so it should be as life like as the game allows.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
    edited November 2019
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Sigh...it might be easier for the Devs if people got some therapy for their OCD instead :(
    I got over my issues with random Sims and I was among the worst of haters. That means you can move on too IF you decide to.

yeah, but i decided not to accept this. in the Sims 3 there were random generated sims as well but in that game they did what they were supposed to do: being work NPC's/stall vendors and the likes. and if they were off duty they would simply despawn. they didn't utterly surpress the premade native population to the point where you rarely even see them anymore due to the excessive amount of random generated townies like in TS 4.

and this is why i am not gonna go easy: they managed to do it before in ts 3 so it isn't a ludacris suggestion to tweak the game so that the game prioretizes premades and your own created and housed sims when picking sims to visit lots and let randoms fill the roles they are supposed to fulfill like stall vendors, bouncers and bartenders.

do i have OCD? mehh no idea but i do like story immersion in the Sims… if i want to just sandbox with my own character and not care about the town i can just play GTA :P at leats then i can just run over anyone i don't like or blow them up with a grenade >:) yeah yeah there are plenty of creative ways to kill sims too but you get the idea.