Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please EA enable Gardening for kids!

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Kids should also be able to water plants, harvest crops or plant them. Like in Sims 2!
latest?cb=20110724155650

Also let kids open the mailbox!
7jCw7W8.jpg
Kids need some responsibility and more things to do!
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I agree. I never saw the point of making it so that they couldn't help out in the garden. Especially since toddlers are allowed to at least interact with the plants in the ts4, even if its not actually helping. Also why can't they walk the dog?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Keep in mind they cannot always just enable something in the game even if it is already in the game - that takes full fledged programming added for that life stage to do something like that and new programming is one thing EA the main company seems the most likely to give Maxis a hard time about - it takes the most time and costs them the most per hour for all the programmers to do that kind of job. So as simple as it looks to us to do, it is one of the more expensive jobs to do in the game as well as sometimes troublesome. They cannot just use what is there already for children. But I agree it would be cool to have in game - as my kids always worked with me in gardening and one of their "jobs" was actually watering and harvesting the garden.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    They would have to edit animations for it since the mods of it stretches Sims out, but yes it is something I would like to see.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'd love to see that, yeah. If not the full gamut of gardening interactions, watering the plants would be lovely to have for kids.
    Researching would also be great and add to their scouting badge progress.

And seconding the dog walking request too.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree.

I mean sims 2 kids could garden, sims 4 kids can’t but toddlers can play in the garden, (recycled animation but still better than nothing)
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    That would've been sweet, kids being able to help their parents or grandparents out in the garden. Sim children needs to be involved more, which I'm hoping for if EA comes out with the Sims 5 someday. In fact I'm hoping a lot of the feedback here could be a learning curb for what to do and what to avoid in the next game. They need to listen to the fans more, bring back charm into the game like we had in the Sims 2.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I also hope kids will be allowed to garden one day. It makes no sense for them not to be able to do so.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Why can't kids garden? Because monetary/time investment or something.

That's dumd. Ok, so I grew up in Australia and I dunno about anyone else but when I wa a kid we had a school project where you planted a seed in wet cottonballs or something and looked after it... And helping out with the garden, even just pulling weeds is a pretty common thing.

Sorry if this is one big, nonsensical mess I'm really tired while typing this.

But yeah, kids should garden 'n walk the dog, like confine the walk to the home lot or something, like practicing for when they're older.

Kids needs more things to do...It's just eat, sleep, school, aspirations 'n sim Yugioh and I bet the only reason geeks or childish teen or above sims can't play sim Yugioh is so you have a thing that's kid exclusive when there's bugger all for them to do.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    You should check Ferdiana Kids mods. She converts EA's animations so there's no stretch https://ferdianasims.tumblr.com/
    I also have converted a couple of animations for children mods like gardening. I enabled it and converted some of the clip animations. You just have to copy the adult sims keyframes and paste it to child sim. Takes about 2 minutes only on blender to copy and paste keyframes.

Ferdiana child can cook mod

vTLdi7t.png

gVtKV4k.png

NFWKR4p.png

hTpoeap.png

P0MxJwq.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It seems weird to me that kids can’t garden but they can do laundry.
  • Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    You should check Ferdiana Kids mods. She converts EA's animations so there's no stretch https://ferdianasims.tumblr.com/
    I also have converted a couple of animations for children mods like gardening. I enabled it and converted some of the clip animations. You just have to copy the adult sims keyframes and paste it to child sim. Takes about 2 minutes only on blender to copy and paste keyframes.

Ferdiana child can cook mod

vTLdi7t.png

gVtKV4k.png

NFWKR4p.png

hTpoeap.png

P0MxJwq.png

That awesome :smiley:
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Everything for kids in the Sims4 is sorely lacking, I'd love them to be able to garden, just as I'd love the baking station back. There seems to be very little point to any life state other than young adult, otherwise why else would you have kids inviting each other to nightclubs in game? I'm hoping they'll pull a generational ep out of the bag next year and actually give sims something to do and I'm hoping gardening will be included among many other things, with the way things are going though the next pack is going to be YA Parties, Get Partying. (Sorry my sarcasm file needs deleting, I think my programming is broken.)
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Yeah, why can't the children do ANYTHING besides clean the plates and do their homework? The children had more action in The Sims 1 than in The Sims 4.
  • PrisinkiaPrisinkia Posts: 21 Member
    I agree. The kids need more to do! I would love if they could help out with the gardening also.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited October 2019
    I agree.

I mean sims 2 kids could garden, sims 4 kids can’t but toddlers can play in the garden, (recycled animation but still better than nothing)

They could also garden in ts3 before Generations. Just found this out. When Generations came out they changed it to a hidden skill you could only get through enrolling your kids in scouting. Sorta like the cooking skill from the toy stove and the music skill from the xylophone.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2019
    Kids should definitely be able to garden and open the mailbox. They used to be able to do that in Sims 2 and Sims 3
    a256aFi.gif
    I tried making more gameplay for kids sim like
    10-18-19_6-50-16_PM.png
    10-30-19-10-42-28-AM.png
    10-29-19-8-38-36-PM.png
    10-29-19-8-42-18-PM.png
    10-22-19_8-34-27_PM.png
    10-22-19_8-36-37_PM.png
    6.jpg

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I have no clue what it's like to make animations, but couldn't they scale down the "skeleton" for the gardening animation to save cost, the only one they might have to edit is the watering can so it doesn't clip that much.

I know in MHW the devs did that technique with multiple monsters like Nergigante and Behemoth having some similar animations despite Behemoth being a behemoth. I mean hell, even one of the hunts against that stupid rock loving bird involves it progressively getting bigger as you hurt it. Different game engine I know, but maybe it could still apply?
    EMrBkJP.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2019
    If we ever get a Farming expansion, enabling Gardening for kids is a must so they can help out at the farm!
    a256aFi.gif
    Here, I made kids sim can gardening. If you want, you can download at my signature :smile:
    11.png
    12.png
    13.png
    14.png