Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Holidays are not integrated w/ Discover University

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Tan80 wrote: »
    I don’t know if it’s a bug but my game the random holidays like the lottery and pirates day appear in the calendar and when the day comes they disappear anybody else has this.
    @Tan80 it is a bug. Please add your issue to the bug report https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Harvestables-disappearing-from-sims-inventory-and-chest/td-p/8417103 they have consolidated all the missing to this post
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    MarmitePrinterMarmitePrinter Posts: 4 New Member
    > @andre1906 said:
    > All holidays from Seasons are not detected in Discover University.
    >
    > Example: It's Winter Festival day and my Sim still has a class to attend.
    >
    > Please Gurus, fix this. :disappointed:

I've got to agree - this is incredibly annoying. They could just fix it by having the same 'Your Sim's class starts in an hour' prompt appear, so at least there would be some reminder.

Twice now I've had a Sim's final fall on Winterfest (in two different saves). The first time I didn't realise I had to click go to class. That Sim ended up with a C, and they were already a 'stellar student' in that class. The second time I just plain forgot to click go to class and ended up with a D.

It is getting frustrating as I really want to have a student graduate with honours but this lack of EP integration is the reason it's not going to happen any time soon! I don't want to have the Class Schedule open all the time, taking up half the screen; I want to do other things and enjoy the university experience! I really hope EA fixes this.
  • Options
    crystalfire808crystalfire808 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @MarmitePrinter said:
    >
    > I've got to agree - this is incredibly annoying. They could just fix it by having the same 'Your Sim's class starts in an hour' prompt appear, so at least there would be some reminder.
    >
    > Twice now I've had a Sim's final fall on Winterfest (in two different saves). The first time I didn't realise I had to click go to class. That Sim ended up with a C, and they were already a 'stellar student' in that class. The second time I just plain forgot to click go to class and ended up with a D.

Yeah, I don't care whether or not my Sim is expected to go to class on a holiday, but it would be nice if the prompts weren't removed. I added a lot of holidays just for funsies and I cannot get my Sim to class on time without them automatically going early, not to mention missing class entirely if I forget to manually send them.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I am just,....kinda baffled that didn't look into this....it just kinda shows they rushed it and didn't look for something like this....

Or, there is now an enormous amount of code for this game now and this got overlooked and should be brought to the devs attention and it can be fixed. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    One would think they’d have some kind of plan when they start creating a pack. Implementing holidays in a school pack doesn’t seem far-fetched to me. If the enormous amount of code in the game is becoming an overwhelming problem, that would mean it is time for a successor.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    This is the thing I like least about DU. I think it's a good pack but the lack of integration with holidays is a real shame.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AYSHlAAYSHlA Posts: 4 New Member
    Its a bit weird because i'm having Thanksgiving in my game right now, my sim has classes but one passed and he didn't get the signal to go, nor did it count him "late".
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Maybe they could add an option in the Holiday panel for if you want the holiday to be a Uni Day Off. There’s some holidays where I don’t really need Uni students to have off, but is fun if I’m playing other households with kids and such.
  • Options
    chikpeaschikpeas Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm SUPER late to the game, because I just got the DU pack a little while ago, but I'm finding this to be a problem, too! My sim has been working her butt off to do well in her classes, and now it's Harvestfest, which would be fine, except she hasn't made any friends with her dormmates, and is really close with her family. I want her to go home for the day to have dinner with them, but there's no way she can do that without hurting her grades.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Lol am guess guru never went home on holiday's xD
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    I am so sad about it. I was hoping my sim would have the day off to work on her term paper, but alas.
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Lol am guess guru never went home on holiday's xD

Well, EA is infamous for their crunch, so probably not :lol:

This really needs to be fixed.
    DU is not only incompatible with holidays, it's incompatible with rotational play. Jump into another household? Your previous Sim won't go to class and will end up on probation.

This "terms are one week, no exceptions" rule really needs to be changed.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    KwillKwill Posts: 4 New Member
    > @icmnfrsh said:
    > To be fair, it's kind of hard to account for all situations. What if the player assigns a non-working holiday for every day of the calendar? Would the term be extended indefinitely?
    >
    > I suppose instead of a fixed schedule, they could just say that a term lasts until all MWF classes have had 3 sessions and all TTh classes have had 2 sessions. Which means that your term would last way longer than a week if university accounted for holidays. Or maybe classes are optional on holidays and you can do make up work if you don't go.
    >
    > Personally, I'd rather just get the term over with ::disappointed:

I do agree that classes are hard to implement with holidays, but I'm finding that my uni soccer player also doesn't get holidays off of practice, that seems like an easy implementation