Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share you Discover University builds!

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
As a follow up to the Share your Island Living builds I'd actually love to see what you guys are gonna do with this pack! I feel like I have soooooo many ideas but am so bad at it lol. So maybe you guys can inspire us with your dorms / commons / university housing / whatever else you make with this pack. <3
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'll go first again with a not so super duper amazing build that I guess is still missing a lot of things, but here is the Honeydew Fields Commons:
    3XkpdL4.png
    ymjDezz.png
    edited November 2019
    Still very much hoping to see some of your builds, I have a few new ones to share :)

The previous one can be found here.

And I updated two dorms. The first being the Tidal Tower, which you can download here. I added a cafeteria, a hangout room with robotics station, television & research machine, and reduced the number of beds as I find this works much much better.
    qEBKeY9.png
    fRX2vtQ.png

And the second is the Drake Hall dorm, which you can download here. Here I have also added a cafeteria, easels, a bubble blower, a ping pong table, a debate station, and just generally changed the layout quite a bit as I found it annoyingly big and weird. This dorm also has fewer beds (6, Tidal Tower has 5).
    KzfdDhk.png
    xF6ax11.png
    X1kONxy.png

Again, would love to see your builds as you guys tend to be much more talented than I am but I hope they might be of use to some of you. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Glad you put this thread up.
    TY @catloverplayer :) Hope we'll get to see some builds better than mine though :joy:
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I'm playing my mod-free test save, so not many sims per lot and the few there are ugly randoms, but I'm so happy with my Foxbury commons. It's gonna look so good full of real sims once I put NPCC and MCCC back.

pRucTOPl.png
    mnxqT1Cl.png
    V2i05zKl.png
    FUlb4hUl.png

I've even caught someone using the rock climbing wall. Not long enough to slim him down but I have hope.
    4rpbH4El.png

Unfortunately they only ever use the nerd lab to do that:
    I0k5qhEl.png
    After checking my screenshots, the robotics station had something on it. I will scrap it and see if they use it autonomously now
    3LRfWDrl.png
    Thanks cat!

@happyopi your commons look great! Really colorful, I like it. Looks like there's quite a few activities too. Is it on the gallery?
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm definitely bookmarking this thread for future reference, all of your creations are superb, well done!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Is it okay if I share something that isnot mine?
    This was posted in reddit and I really love this build! The creator linked a photo album in the comments https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/dwruak/my_tobe_student_needed_a_starter_house_in/
    To find on the gallery the person ID is : Lila_Icks and the build is Britechester Starter
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2019
    I remade a fraternity house from TS3.

frathouse-crop.png
    11-16-19-10-14-54-PM.png
    11-16-19-10-17-37-PM.png
    11-17-19-3-09-24-PM.png
    11-16-19-10-15-33-PM.png
    11-17-19-3-09-12-PM.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited November 2019
    I am finally testing my mega dorm.
    I will finish the landscaping after testing is complete.
    11-17-19_11-27-35nbspAM.png

Dining Hall.
    11-18-19_8-54-25nbspAM.png

Study.
    11-18-19_8-55-35nbspAM.png

Hallway to the 3 dorm clusters.
    11-18-19_8-59-19nbspAM.png

Female wing.
    11-18-19_9-02-04nbspAM.png

Central coed cluster.
    11-18-19_9-04-10nbspAM.png

Male wing.
    There is a lot more to it though.
    I have areas for the arts, athletics, science, entertainment, and a secret chamber.
    11-18-19_9-04-21nbspAM.png

Moriah loves it.
    11-19-19_2-19-57nbspAM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    @sillehbee oh wow, major TS3 vibes!! I love it, it's really really well done! Is that in Britechester? And is it on the gallery?

@CK213 hope you'll put this up too, I love the idea! Really wondering how it works to play in? Do you control all the supernaturals in it or do you work with roommates?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @sillehbee I adore TS3 recreations and your lot looks great! I second the request for it to be on the gallery <3
    edited November 2019
    @SimTrippy @elanorbreton Thank you! 😄 Yep, it's on the gallery. My ID is sillehbee. I placed it in Britechester but there's a lot in Foxbury that fits it, too. I also have a sorority from TS3 on my gallery as well.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Following for later because I'm going to build a dorm soon.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited November 2019
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @sillehbee oh wow, major TS3 vibes!! I love it, it's really really well done! Is that in Britechester? And is it on the gallery?

@CK213 hope you'll put this up too, I love the idea! Really wondering how it works to play in? Do you control all the supernaturals in it or do you work with roommates?

So far I am really loving it. I just got started with it, so there is more to discover. This dorm is huge with lots of things to do.
    I was afraid that the dormies would just hang out in one area and just talk up each other, but they are all over the place and even trying some of the activity rooms out.

It's nice that they spread out because it feels a little less chaotic than the pre-made dorms.
    You don't have an endless rotation of sims bothering your sim and don't feel as compelled to lock them in their rooms.

The one thing I wanted to fix immediately was the food situation.
    I really didn't like the concept of dormies just whipping out these plates of food and placing them everywhere just to rot.
    I wanted that cafeteria station. This dorm is a re-imaging of my favorite dorm from TS2. And the dinning hall is pretty much like the orginal with the cafeteria station now added in.
    11-19-19_8-16-00nbspAM.png

I was waiting for this moment.
    The first plate falls.
    11-21-19_6-15-47nbspAM.png

This is so much better:
    11-21-19_7-34-48nbspAM.png

However, since sims tend to gravitate to each other, I am sure food is going to make its way into the study area often.11-19-19_8-19-27nbspAM.png

The nostalgia is real with this dorm.
    It's taking me back to my TS2 days, but much better detailed and just nice looking.
    11-21-19_6-22-05nbspAM.png

The music in the athletics wing seems to attract them, but I've seen them use the punching bag and treadmills.
    11-21-19_6-20-16nbspAM.png

Since the dorm is so big, I and my sims can leave the area when the violins come out.
    11-21-19_6-40-28nbspAM.png

I didn't think anyone would come to this space when I created it, but these dormies really get around.
    11-21-19_6-34-34nbspAM.png

Two of these sims are mine. The rest are NPCs.
    My spell casters are testing this dorm because I wanted access to potions and other cheaty type solutions for my non-magical sims.

This dorm has a magical edge to it because of its origins.
    I made it when the Harry Potter books were extremely popular and the first movies were out.
    I wanted a Hoggwarts, but it was a bit too much for me back then, so I made a simpler dorm that gave me just a little Potterhead vibe.
    I named it Grindlewald dorm. It was a very controversially named dorm. ;)

Now I can give this dorm something the original did not have.
    A Room of Requirement.
    11-20-19_6-48-56nbspAM.png

This room is sealed, so only sims that know the Transportalate spell can access it.
    11-20-19_6-50-01nbspAM.png

All they need is a sample and the Copypasto spell.
    11-20-19_6-51-50nbspAM.png

My spell casters will stock up the place whenever a new generation attends Uni.
    Hopefully all the stuff stays, but I will have a saved version if it doesn't. I will also collect all the spells and potions books and store them here. My sims can learn magic at Uni.
    11-20-19_6-56-26nbspAM.png

It's big enough for duels, so they have a place to duel without all the sim muggles freaking out.
    11-20-19_6-57-47nbspAM.png

11-20-19_6-58-16nbspAM.png

11-20-19_6-59-17nbspAM.png

There is also a movie night room and a party room on this floor.
    11-20-19_7-05-45nbspAM.png

Post edited by CK213 on
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

So far I am really loving it. I just got started with it, so there is more to discover. This dorm is huge with lots of things to do.
    I was afraid that the dormies would just hang out in one area and just talk up each other, but they are all over the place and even trying some of the activity rooms out.

It's nice that they spread out because it feels a little less chaotic than the pre-made dorms.
    You don't have an endless rotation of sims bothering your sim and don't feel as compelled to lock them in their rooms.

The one thing I wanted to fix immediately was the food situation.
    I really didn't like the concept of dormies just whipping out these plates of food and placing them everywhere just to rot.
    I wanted that cafeteria station. This dorm is a re-imaging of my favorite dorm from TS2. And the dinning hall is pretty much like the orginal with the cafeteria station now added in.
    11-19-19_8-16-00nbspAM.png

I was waiting for this moment.
    The first plate falls.
    11-21-19_6-15-47nbspAM.png

This is so much better:
    11-21-19_7-34-48nbspAM.png

However, since sims tend to gravitate to each other, I am sure food is going to make it's way into the study area often.11-19-19_8-19-27nbspAM.png

The nostalgia is real with this dorm.
    It's taking me back to my TS2 days, but much better detailed and just nice looking.
    11-21-19_6-22-05nbspAM.png

The music in the athletics wing seems to attract them, but I've seen them use the punching bag and treadmills.
    11-21-19_6-20-16nbspAM.png

Since the dorm is so big, I and my sims can leave the area when the violins come out.
    11-21-19_6-40-28nbspAM.png

I didn't think anyone would come to this space when I created it, but these dormies really get around.
    11-21-19_6-34-34nbspAM.png

Two of these sims are mine. The rest are NPCs.
    My spell casters are testing this dorm because I wanted access to potions and other cheaty type solutions for my non-magical sims.

This dorm has a magical edge to it because of its origins.
    I made it when the Harry Potter books were extremely popular and the first movies were out.
    I wanted a Hoggwarts, but it was a bit too much for me back then, so I made a simpler dorm that gave me just a little Potterhead vibe.
    I named it Grindlewald dorm. It was a very controversially named dorm. ;)

Now I can give this dorm something the original did not have.
    A Room of Requirement.
    11-20-19_6-48-56nbspAM.png

This room is sealed, so only sims that know the Transportalate spell can access it.
    11-20-19_6-50-01nbspAM.png

All they need is a sample and the Copypasto spell.
    11-20-19_6-51-50nbspAM.png

My spell casters will stock up the place whenever a new generation attends Uni.
    Hopefully all the stuff stays, but I will have a saved version if it doesn't. I will also collect all the spells and potions books and store them here. My sims can learn magic at Uni.
    11-20-19_6-56-26nbspAM.png

It's big enough for duels, so they have a place to duel without all the sim muggles freaking out.
    11-20-19_6-57-47nbspAM.png

11-20-19_6-58-16nbspAM.png

11-20-19_6-59-17nbspAM.png

There is also a movie night room and a party room on this floor.
    11-20-19_7-05-45nbspAM.png

That's brilliant, I love it! What an impressive dorm! ♥️
    #Team Occult
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,407 Member
    So many impressive buildings. I am definitely going to use some of these.
    Thank you all for sharing
    edited November 2019
    LiELF wrote: »

That's brilliant, I love it! What an impressive dorm! ♥️
    Thanks.

I am still testing it and have a list of issues to fix.
    About thirty so far. I hope to have it uploaded after the weekend.

I am getting more ideas as I play.
    Like using the Strangerville listening device in the "Up to no good" space in the attic.
    I hope it works. I would like to plant bugs on Foxbury students and get some dirt on them.
    11-23-19_7-17-14nbspAM.png
    I hit my 50000 words for Nanowrimo so I can finally take some time to try building a dorm without feeling guilty that it's eating into writing time :)
    I hit my 50000 words for Nanowrimo so I can finally take some time to try building a dorm without feeling guilty that it's eating into writing time :)

Congratulations! 🎉 Hitting 50k is a feat. I skipped nano this year and spent my November figuring out how to make YouTube videos instead. Feels like such a waste. 😭
    sillehbee wrote: »

Congratulations! 🎉 Hitting 50k is a feat. I skipped nano this year and spent my November figuring out how to make YouTube videos instead. Feels like such a waste. 😭

Youtube videos may yet come in handy. I certainly have no clue how to do that.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @CK213 since my computer broke, I am trying to look at your pics on my phone. Not the best viewing experience lol, but from what I can see your dorm has a kind of medieval feel to parts of it. I love it!

Well, maybe not quite that old, but old all the same :)

I hope you'll show us your finished lot next week.

I was just in the process of making a dorm for Britechester when my PC died on me. Sadly I will have to wait for a few weeks whilst my new one is being built. I just hope I can get all my saves off my old hard drive, then back to making my dorm!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top