Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You're killin' me, smalls! (Upcoming Community SP Survey)

All, ok, most of, the content of the packs presented in todays maxis monthly to choose from is what many people wanted for ages. (indoor cycling, table microscope, carryable telescope, the careers, the crafty stuffs...)
I'm aware that a survey is a component of marketing research to possibly predict sales figures up front - but! the content of those packs is material for months and months of releases for many simmers.

So, I know its just wishful thinking, but i wouldn't like to see which one of those packs is realized, just in which order. XD
Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.

Comments

• ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I agree. I just read about this and I was wondering why not do them all? (Because they want to do the one everyone's going to buy only.) But at least unlike before it's a bit more difficult to guess which one will make it.

Again, and I know some people hate comparing but there wouldn't be a 4 at the end of this game if 3 other games didn't come before it, we'd get half of the stuff being offered in these multiple choices for stuff packs in one to two different EP's along with more gameplay and content to go with it in the past. The newer stuff we haven't seen before could've been part of upgrades to make those packs that inevitably repeat or even the base game itself more interesting. Or some of this stuff they could've simply added to previously released packs that aren't almost complete repeats to bulk them up and actually give players more bang for their buck.

I feel that way about numerous stuff packs including in TS2 and TS3 and some I feel we're a bit pointless as well so it's not just Sims 4 that I feel has stuff packs that could've or should've been combined with EPs or the base but Sims 4 doesn't feel as full as the previous games. So simply adding all the things those stuff pack choices have to offer to some of the EPs and GPs would've made those better. Even just as stand alone stuff packs, adding them all and improving personalities would go a long way with this game.

Also, I hope that what's listed to describe the themes all make it to the end and are fulfilled but it's not an expansion or game pack. From what I've read about the last stuff pack vote Eco Living had listed for it laundry, home tech, and solar energy and that became a laundry pack. Imagine Science and Technology winning only in the end to get a new Kitchen Appliances stuff pack. Not exactly unwanted but also not the theme carried out to its full potential.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Like... Honestly none of the options are SP worth... They need bigger packs to be added. I'd rather have other ideas we had in the previous Community Pack like the Wedding/Danger SP, or new things like a Teen/Architecture SP. They should have a limit for what can be added through SPs. They could have added an freelancer architect career + 3 architectural styles. Careers were something from GTW, so it wouldn't hurt EP material anymore. All the ideas from this community pack could be added and better explored on Generations/Hobbies/Into The Future/Farming/Ghost GP.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Like... Honestly none of the options are SP worth... They need bigger packs to be added. I'd rather have other ideas we had in the previous Community Pack like the Wedding/Danger SP, or new things like a Teen/Architecture SP. They should have a limit for what can be added through SPs. They could have added an freelancer architect career + 3 architectural styles. Careers were something from GTW, so it wouldn't hurt EP material anymore. All the ideas from this community pack could be added and better explored on Generations/Hobbies/Into The Future/Farming/Ghost GP.

Well, it does appear they have still continued with porting over some objects from previous stuff pack themes:

Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Here I'm wishing most of these ideas never come where's the fun options from last survey like arcades or a wedding pack how about teen stuff this survey was pretty much set up so that knitting wins (sadly the best option) so we get laundry knitting community stuff pack 3 will be Watch Paint Dry Stuff.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    I just feel there's too much attention to SPs and not enough GPs and EPs. I''m voting HH, but mostly because I want a monster GP. If it's a true SP, I'd prefer something like cyberpunk.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Oh, I love the Sandlot! Nice thinking, using that quote for the title.

Anyhow, I'm seriously hoping something from Happy Haunts wins. I really don't understand people's want for Arts and Crafts. That was my #5 on the vote where we chose which idea we liked best. I know lots of people really don't want Supernatural and spooky things, but even after 2019, which I think will be nicknamed the "Supernatural" year, we still don't even have half as much supernatural gameplay as realistic.
    funny-gifs20.gif