Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't give final presentation at Uni

Hey guys, just like the title says.. I can't give the final presentation. I have the option to, I click it... but then my sim just packs up her presentation and sticks it in her inventory. I've failed two classes now because of this. Any advice?

Comments

• GdurmaGdurma Posts: 490 Member
    Would like to update to say that I make sure to do this during school hours. It just puts it in my inventory and won't do a presentation.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've had to click on the building that they go to classes in or tutor in and choose the option there. I've had little to no luck clicking on the board itself. Put the board in your inventory and click on one of the studies buildings for the option between 8am-4pm Monday through Friday.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    is your sim in the communications major, by any chance? there's a known bug with one of the presentations in that major actually being for the wrong course
  • GdurmaGdurma Posts: 490 Member
    My sim was in Psychology. I was having a big issue with it... restarted three times and now it seems to be working. Graduated! Thanks guys.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    My sim is in Robotics/Engineering and is having this exact same issue, clicking on the option to do the final presentation while the board is placed in world just results in my sim putting the board in her inventory and not doing anything.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    I have a similar issue. I don’t even have the option to hold the presentation, I just send my sim to class as usual, and they haven’t failed the classes yet. One of my sims had straight A+ in all classes the previous semester.
  • britbarr89britbarr89 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same problem with every one of my ims. It started doing it over a week ago and now it's just all the time. They just pick up the board and stand there. Keeps putting my sims on probation! :s
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    Did you try clicking it while it was in your sim's inventory? Both shall be possible.

That said, it's possible to get A+ even if you don't give the presentation. As long as you are active at classes and perhaps read up a little extra on that subject's skill, it should be enough to do well in most cases. We don't need to do all of the classes+homeworks+exam/presentations to succeed, they are just various ways we can work. Doing all is safer, but not always needed.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    My Sim once lost her presentation board. There's no way I could find it. I went everywhere, it just wasn't in her inventory anymore, so...I made her quit uni :neutral:
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I keep the presentation board in the Sim's inventory. Right after they come out of the very last class of the term that the presentation is for, I clicked on the classroom building, and the option to present came up. I selected it, and the sim went back to the rabbit hole class. When she came out, the checkmark was next to the Give Presentation task, indicating it was completed.

I hope this helps.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I keep the presentation board in the Sim's inventory. Right after they come out of the very last class of the term that the presentation is for, I clicked on the classroom building, and the option to present came up. I selected it, and the sim went back to the rabbit hole class. When she came out, the checkmark was next to the Give Presentation task, indicating it was completed.

I hope this helps.

I always do my presentation first hahaha usually before the first class even.

It can only be done at certain times of the sim day though
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have only so far done computer science, and the hacking class has a presentation every year. I never had a problem with that one; I keep it out and do practice presentations a few times and when it's time I just click on it and my Sim(s) pick it up and run and do the presentation.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • LJhallLJhall Posts: 1 New Member
    I had this problem. Turns out you can’t do the presentation on the final day of term - you must do it before hand! And during the set business hours. Hope that helps