Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

Comments

• iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Servos have some unique dance moves! =D
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    The shower woohoo moodlet
    11-16-19_11-41-32nbspPM.png

Gosh, I love this, i'ts the cutest thing!!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    There are more then 1 shower woohoo moodlets according to how good the shower woohoo was. I ve seen 3 so far.
    When you have a married couple separated the wife at home and the hubby in college the wife at home may get this message. Happened in my game.

Hubby texted wife I met someone online and she wants to meet up at the romance festival. You should come down to the romance festival.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    When you have a married couple separated the wife at home and the hubby in college the wife at home may get this message. Happened in my game.

Hubby texted wife I met someone online and she wants to meet up at the romance festival. You should come down to the romance festival.

WHAT?! :o
    I hope I do understand well.
    The husband sent his wife a message about how he met someone else? That is unbelievable! Unacceptable! I hope the wife gave him what he deserved!!! :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    My sim got that too from his gf though. She asked if he’ll go to make sure they’re legit or something like that. Your sim doesn’t get react though, they get a event requirement to meet someone if they decide to go. It came from CL though, not by DU
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited November 2019
    kusurusu wrote: »
    There a 3 new death super interactions: death_Cowplant_HumanoidRobot, death_ElderExhaustion_ResearchMachine_Seated and death_Solo_HumanoidRobot

Class grade (max: 100) increases more slowly while studying (via book, computer or RM) once it reaches a score of 50

After seeing this, I had to test this out. And the results are these:
    This death_ElderExhaustion_ResearchMachine_Seated. I bought a research machine and read the description. It actually warns that contributing knowledge too much may lead to death. So I cheated my sim's research and debate skill to level 10 so my sim can do it and had him do it several times. After a lot of time passed (the computer literally absorbs sim's knowledge while sim clicked the mouse), that sim got a dazed moodlet. I could have him do it again, and I did. After some time, his head exploded with knowledge and he died.
    What's interesting is that this is another way to die by over-exertion (the death that happens when an elder woohoos or works out too much) and sims who are younger that elders can also die by that way if they do that.

And about servos.

I think death_Solo_HumanoidRobot is the one where servo is broken too long that it spins around and turns into a pile of scrap. Nothing special happened when a servo got eaten by a cowplant (death_Cowplant_HumanoidRobot). Servos have special gravestones and urns, but they don't have ghosts (found out when I couldn't add servos as a ghost back to my household with cheats (testingcheats and shift-click on a gravestone)). So if a servo dies, it is literally gone forever.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • georgia_1992georgia_1992 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @SelinaKyles said:
    > Sims who were in the scouts program as kids and did well can earn a scholarship from it! I stopped doing it but it has purpose again
    > Edit: My sim got a scholarship value of 175 from it

Cute! I've never fully explored scouts so I'll try this out
  • georgia_1992georgia_1992 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > I noticed with robotics the party bot you can make can play music and can serve food and drink for any sim to order. (Costs money because bots have a job to do too)

DJ Rumba lives!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Roommates can up and leave uf they are not satisfied with living conditions. So if things are broken and messy and they cant take care of their needs they will leave.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    If you reach a certain level of Debate and Research skill you can convince a roomie to stay if they are considering moving out.
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    in the pleasant household, lilith has a single bed and a quite small room with a dark aesthetic but angela has a room with double doors and a double bed with nice luxurious items
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
    Besides sims socializing, cheering and drinking themselves stupid with keg juice at the school's spirit event apparently other student's will dare one another to streak. So expect to see some streaking sims around.
    xVVr721.png
    5vJrxmT.png
    revgrv wrote: »
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Your sim has a professor for each of their classes and you can talk to him and most likely will see them going about in the world and to the buildings. You can even directly ask them for your current progress on the class if you don't email them. That and if you have a high enough relationship with them they might even be inclined to 'change your grade'. ;)
    hULzBTC.png

Is there an easy way to tell which sims are professors? I've been looking for them all over the Britechester campus but can't find any.

Besides them most likely lookikng professional and not a train wreck in clothing they're usually an adult from what i've seen. Emailing your professor I believe will put them in your relationship panel or at the very least show their portrait when it pop's up.
    5vJrxmT.png
    When placing an add for a roommate the potential roommate that comes to your house has potential roommate over their head when you put the cursor on them
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    revgrv wrote: »
    Your sim has a professor for each of their classes and you can talk to him and most likely will see them going about in the world and to the buildings. You can even directly ask them for your current progress on the class if you don't email them. That and if you have a high enough relationship with them they might even be inclined to 'change your grade'. ;)
    hULzBTC.png

Is there an easy way to tell which sims are professors? I've been looking for them all over the Britechester campus but can't find any.

Besides them most likely lookikng professional and not a train wreck in clothing they're usually an adult from what i've seen. Emailing your professor I believe will put them in your relationship panel or at the very least show their portrait when it pop's up.

There are also 4 pre-made professors who are not in any worlds (can be found under manage worlds). One of them is the one in the picture. There's also a pre-made ghost that usually appears in the University of Britechester.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    You can get injured during Soccer practice and your Sim will walk around with a bandaged arm for 3 days.
  • pdentpdent Posts: 15 Member
    If you go to the canteen on a holiday (thanksgiving etc), you can get a special holiday menu and have roast turkey, I thought that was a pretty cool little addition. I'd spent most of the sim day stressing about where to cook a grand meal and had just given up and gone to the canteen! Also, your roommates can throw their own parties that you apparently aren't invited to.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sounds obvious in retrospect but Britechester and Foxbury offer different courses for the same major, the focus is different for distinguished and normal degrees.

Sometimes the less prestigious one sounds more interesting.

The acting elective is straight up studying An Actor Prepares. Love that.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    My Sim didn't qualify for the Distinguished Degree from Foxbury, so she took the regular major's classes at UBrite until she built her skill up enough. So you can build skills with classes for your major + electives to then qualify for a Distinguished Degree at the other University!
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I dont know if this has been answered, but will unplayed housed sims enroll in university on their own? And are unplayed housed sims able to become NPC roommates?
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    What skill level do you need to qualify for distinguished degrees?
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member

When using the ICYA chest outside of University it comes in nice neutral colours and you can place a Tv on it! (which is great because I love having a chest but i'm often short on space fer one, lol).

Also, I'm not sure if this is a feauture or a bug but when you graduate while being in the "Secret Society" (I forget what it's called; I only figured out how to join on the very last day, lol :sweat_smile: ) you continue to get visited by sprites.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg