Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationships pack

abithompsonabithompson Posts: 6 New Member
edited November 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Just an idea, and I know it’s been said before a million times and a million ways elsewhere.. but it would be so awesome to have like a relationships pack, or update! Where sims can have more levels of relationships with each other. It would add a lot more, much needed variety to the sims lives. So sims could become “frenemies” who are constantly jealous of each other, or a crush that didn’t work out and sims may always be awkward when the other is around. Also more traits. Which I know we’ve all been asking for. I miss when sims could have a favorite song genre, a favorite color AND different things they’re attracted to in other sims.

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Just an idea, and I know it’s been said before a million times and a million ways elsewhere.. but it would be so awesome to have like a relationships pack, or update! Where sims can have more levels of relationships with each other. It would add a lot more, much needed variety to the sims lives. So sims could become “frenemies” who are constantly jealous of each other, or a crush that didn’t work out and sims may always be awkward when the other is around. Also more traits. Which I know we’ve all been asking for. I miss when sims could have a favorite song genre, a favorite color AND different things they’re attracted to in other sims.

@abithompson, any ideas and feedback for Sims 4 goes over in The Sims 4 Feedback section as this thread is located in the Forum Ideas and Feedback section... ;)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback
  • abithompsonabithompson Posts: 6 New Member
    So hard to navigate tbh. Thanks!
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey, moved you idea to The Sims 4 Ideas corner :)

PS. If you have feedback about the navigation, I'd love to hear about it here! >> https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ideas-feedback
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want family relationship like in CAS can we make boyfriend/girlfriend or Fiance/Fiancee. Also why does a Step/Half parent and Step/Half Brothers and Sister have to just be aquaintences (I know I spelled it wrong.) I mean I think they acknowledge them in the family tree but not on the relationship panel. Also second and third cousins don't acknowledge each other as cousins.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Gosh, such a pack would be absolutely spectacular, you are right! Even managing the relationships would come incredibly in handy. Also, I would like to see more animations between couples, family members, best friends, enemies, and so on. The game feels a bit lackluster on this part.
  • simmersizzlersimmersizzler Posts: 36 Member
    I totally agree that would be awesome to have that kind of pack with more multidimensional relationships and more options other than just the standard "friends, best friends" etc categories that are in each of the relationship types! I'm totally looking forward to that if of course EA sims content creators think of taking that idea further!
  • missalora17missalora17 Posts: 2 New Member
    I was just about to post something similar! I think crushes would be awesome, to have one sided romantic interest would be really fun in gameplay. You could try to get a certain sim to like you, or you could have a sim who is secretly in love with you and picks fights with your romantic interests. I think it would be cool if sims could have a "type" where we could choose their preferences like maybe they are attracted to goofball sims or they really like sims with glasses. I always thought online dating would be cool. they could match with a sim and go on blind dates, I think that would work awesome with the dine out pack. Meeting other sims and starting up relationships is one of my favorite parts of the game so I wish it was a little more multidimensional.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like an updated chemistry system but I also want to be able to override it most of the time if I decide that two sims really ought to get together. I'm very cool with more randomness, unpredictability and complexity.

I really like the suggested idea of building up all relationships, not just romantic ones. Romance needs freshening up but it'd good to see more ways to interact as well as "memories". More distinction between friends and acquaintances, more value to relationships of all types is what I'd like to see. Sims should care about what happens with and to each other.

If I'm really thinking about it, I'd like sims to be able to ascribe value to certain other relationships such as family, friends and romantic interests. They can do that with traits and aspirations. I'd just like to layer in some complexity. You should be able to determine to what degree a given sim wants friends, romantic partners, children, extended family and maybe a public personality (for those who want to do community service, be famous, go into politics, etc). You kind of can but it would be good to add depth there.

In terms of romance, I'd like sims to be able to have different personalities in romance. Maybe these would be like the character values. They would value different characteristics and they would have different tendencies. Then it's a matter of getting along with other sims who are like them or who are different.

As for letting sims have a type, sure, I want that as long as I can also throw it out the window. I sometimes play sims who might think they know what their type is and then they meet the sim they really want to be with and it just clicks. It all falls into place. I guess that's how I think it usually works, on a deeper level anyway.

I think these ideas would go a long way toward making sims not all seem the same. Yes, I think there should be online dating as an option too.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.