Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Arts & Crafts fans, which feature are you most interested in?

Comments

• DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Knitting Skill
    Knitting, pottery and glass are all mildly interesting. Edible art and embroidery aren't at all.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I chose knitting because we've never had anything like it before that I recall.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited November 2019
    Glass Fabrication Station
    That little teaser about knitting did kind of let the cat out of the bag, but I'd prefer the pottery wheel or the ability to create vases and figurines out of glass. But I love glass and have a very large collection of the Colony series that was made by Fostoria years ago, so adding a pottery wheel or a glass fabrication station to the game would be a lot of fun for me. I hope the teams decide to add two or three of the choices to this new pack. Or maybe decide to do a game pack instead so whichever hobbies they do decide to add will be fleshed out and more satisfying. All the choices sound as if they'd all be fun. But I worry about the longevity of whatever new gameplay is added.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited November 2019
    Embroidery/Cross Stitch
    My favourite options were embroidery, glass-fabrication and edible art. The descriptions of those sounded most appealing to me. I'd love us to have small objects to create. The glass fabricarion also mentioned a museum gala! Knitting had the stuffed animals but was mostly focused on clothing items which to me seemed less intetesting.

Edited to add: Still happy with any of the options winning.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Knitting Skill
    If this concept ends up winning, i hope they’ll try to make it more elder focused. We need more clothes and activities for elders ):
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Embroidery/Cross Stitch
    I enjoy both embroidery and crochet, but I have cats. But really, I want all of the options.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Embroidery/Cross Stitch
    Im most interested in cross stitch since I do that a bunch when Im not playing Sims. The next most interesting to me would be knitting because I would love to learn to do it irl.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    Pottery Wheel
    The pottery wheel sounds like fun. I can't understand why people want knitting so much. I think it will be boring to watch sims knitting.
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Glass Fabrication Station
    I'm curious what you can do after you finish knitting an item. Can you knit a scarf and then wear it or give it as a gift?
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I knit and crochet and would love to see this added to our game. I would also enjoy the pottery wheel too.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Knitting or embroidery
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Pottery Wheel
    The pottery wheel sounds fun. Always wanted to try that IRL. The glass making is also high on my list.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Pottery Wheel
    I voted for the pottery wheel because I feel that I would use that for all my sims. I just feel more inclined to use the pottery wheel with my guys.

Also, there could be some really really fun fail-animations with the pottery wheel.

I knit and spin yarn with a drop-spindle in real life but I think that pottery will get more use in my game and would be more fun for me to watch as a player.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I liked all the crafty options and went into the poll with an open mind, even though I’m a knitter. For me, it’s less “I want to stare at them knitting!” and more “Wonder what they’ll do with it!”

The description for knitting said: Master knitting skill and teach others. Create sweaters, hats, gloves and slippers for the whole family. Have your Sims purchase patterns to knit toys and stuffed animals.

Sounds useful and fun to make these things. I wonder how long it will take to make these things. Obviously hats are quick and sweaters are not. I’ll probably be envious of how much they can make in a day while I have like 15 projects on the needles with no end in sight. 😆

My second choice was embroidery & cross stitch: Embroider pillows, tablecloths, and towels, and create cross stitch decorations to hang on the wall.

Wonder what effect the embroidery will have on those household items, and could that mean we will have separate bedding/frame options?!? 🥳 One can only hope! And I love cross stitch art, especially the subversive kind, and am hoping we can make them with auras if we want to like in painting.

I rated edible art next because I want more things to do with harvestables.

I like pottery, too, but the description was a little vague - what exactly can we do with bowls, vases, teapots and cups besides admire them? Hopefully they at least can have auras? Same thoughts on the glass blowing, although I rated that higher, I think glass is so pretty and it’s likely to add a bit of danger which I would appreciate. I guess museum galas could be interesting but I’m just not sure.
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I really like all of the options except edible art, it just doesn't appeal much to me right now (if this theme is picked, they will post more information about it, so I'll probably warm up to it a bit more.) I picked knitting, there are a lot of possibilities for this activity in game, being able to knit clothes, scarves, mittens, hats, so many things! Also knit some cute clothes for cats and dogs. It's also a skill that should be open to Elders to kids (kids CAN knit too! Lets not exclude them from some arts and crafts fun.) There could be options to purchase yarn and then have our Sims learn to dye it at home.

I also love the pottery wheel and glass fabrication, this pack could open up a lot more shop types with Get To Work, Sims can sell their own pottery and glass crafts, knitters can sell their knitted items, so many possibilities for adding more things to sell for shops.

Embroidery/cross stitch is also very interesting to me, and would love to have more craft skills in the game, especially ones that I could use in shops or to decorate houses with. I really like everything mentioned form this pack so for.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Embroidery/Cross Stitch
    Voted for embroidery because I love embroidered clothes and decor and I also can imagine how funny low-skill embroidery could look :smiley:
    But I'm all for knitting and pottery as well!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I also hope that somehow those of us with Cats and Dogs can use the fur piles left by fluffy cats (and dogs? I don't know, never had a fluffy dog) as yarn somehow. Maybe a specific color swatch for family sweaters unlocked by having the fur spun somehow... I don't know. I just know that the Roombas don't clean them up, and they're a separate pile in the household inventory occasionally, so I'd like it if we could dosomething with them, and yarn (or thread) makes the most sense.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Knitting Skill
    Knitting seems the most interesting as I suppose it's good for clubs, hobby, gifting and perhaps also retail. Depends on how it will be done. I want all those crafts, though. not sure I'll even get such a pack if it only included knitting.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Knitting Skill
    Out of A&C alone, definitely knitting. Especially if they used it to give our elder sims some much needed love!
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    arts & crafts seems to be in the lead so i want to know what you all think.

here is the poll for happy haunts fans. i won't make a thread for the other concepts since they seem unlikely to win.
    and here is the survey link:

Can't really vote on this as I want them all.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Embroidery/Cross Stitch
    Knitting would be my second choice.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I just realized that Simming has a lot in common with knitting.

Trust your mods
    It may be necessary to modify a pattern/game to fit you or your taste. Sometimes it’s the only way to get the results you want. But if the mod is incompatible, incomplete or based on miscalculations, it can backfire. Sometimes it’s an easy fix but sometimes it can undo a lot of your hard work and set you back. Time to frog?

Bugs are like errata
    It’s not coming out like it’s supposed to. Did you misunderstand the pattern/game or is there an error? That designer should know about this and fix it. A good designer has lots of testers to ensure they put out a good pattern/game. Sometimes you may need a mod to fix it!

Quality of materials can enhance your experience
    The difference between that 12 year old laptop (acrylic you got at a great price or secondhand) and a shiny new gaming rig (indie-dyed merino and silk blend) are like night and day.
    But also, the details in the pattern/game should be interesting and suit the purpose. If the content is lacking, it will be up to you to make the best of it.

And nobody appreciates your finished work like another simmer/knitter would.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Embroidery/Cross Stitch
    Honestly I want them all, but especially embroidery! It would be a perfect hobby for my medieval vampire. Sadly I suspect knitting is all we will get if Arts & Crafts wins.
  • simmersizzlersimmersizzler Posts: 36 Member
    Knitting Skill
    Totally picked knitting as well, and I'm glad that technically also includes crochet because I crochet in real life and have knitted as well, though who knows what they'll choose!
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Knitting Skill
    I picked knitting because I like the idea of them being able to make clothes.

Why are people saying they want something for female elders to do? Everybody knits.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.