Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some suggestions for The Sims 5

MrsFTMrsFT Posts: 2 New Member
I just wanted to take an opportunity to give some feedback based on my obsessive gameplay of The Sims 2,3 and 4 and give my suggestions based on those experiences on what I think should be considered for The Sims 5.

•The pregnancy stage should be more interactive such as going for scans or having family planning centres. When going for scans midwives could give the pregnant sims tasks that they need to complete before the next visit which could be anything such as completing so many hours of exercise or eating so many healthy meals etc. At the family planning centres if a sim is struggling with falling pregnant (not that they ever do!) but it could be a place where sims can go for advice on pregnancy and they could get new books from there and also have social services in there so that if in the future stages until they are an adult if anything happens at school or they miss so much of school that they are invited to attend a meeting with a social worker where you can go with the sim and interact with them.
•The baby stage should be more interactive than previous sims such as in the Sims 3 you could sit and watch TV with the baby in their arms or walk around and have other interact with the baby. This should be more of a develop area especially with the daycare option I am going to suggest in the next bullet point. There should be a couple of visits from the family planning centre after a pregnant sim has given birth to check on the baby and check that the house is suitable or they could make targets for them before the next visit. I think that if a sim household go out travelling its always been a slight let down that they cant take the baby with them so I think the invention of being able to have a pram should be an option plus you could have this as a shop in the work expansion pack where they can go and purchase baby needs such as changers, prams, accessories and clothes etc for them.
•There should be a toddler section of a Sim's life and it should have the same learning curves as in The Sims 3 where you could teach them to walk, talk and learn how to use the potty but I think something that could be developed in order to give that toddler stage a new umph would be to have a nursery where when parents work they could either have a daycare van pick them up or they would have to have a challenge where they had to drop the toddlers off by a certain time before their work schedule in order for them to be able to be a part of daycare and there should be a bill for daycare as well. Another great idea was that the nursery could create a new employment sector of childcare which could be another place like on The Sims 4 where you can "join" them at work and order them around basically.
•When you have the child and teen stage I think that you should be able to go to school with them and you should be able to interactive with their day whether it be that they misbehave in school or whether they study hard. There are many branches I could go on here however the finer details really aren't that important on here especially as it will be just fellow simmers who read this and not EA themselves

This was all that I have now apart from just being able to have more freedom in the neighbourhood rather than loading pages everytime. I understand that by adding more features if any of the above were added then it might be a thing that needs to happen to allow those sections of the game to download properly and get ready for the interaction.

I thoroughly love the Sims and would love love love to work on and develop this game because there is always things you can do with it.

Anyways if you feel you agree/disagree or could potentially add to my list then feel free to add opinions to it

Comments

• PhoebefayePhoebefaye Posts: 1 New Member
    I was playing MBA 2K basketball game and there's a feature where you can use your phone to scan someones face and put it on your player. This would be a great feature for the next sims, I'm sure everyone would love it!! I am 100% sure sales would go up if there was the option for people to scan real life faces to make their sims.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    All of these details could just fit in TS4
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • simsobsessedsimsobsessed Posts: 11 New Member
    I have MANY suggestions for the next sims game.

For example, private schools. Let's say in the town there are two automatic schools, a private school, and a public school. The public school would work just as it did in the sims 3 (In my idea the map follows the sims 3 layout, not sims 4), children and teens would go to school in their everyday outfits. However, in the private schools, sims would have to wear uniforms. Also, just like with the Get to Work expansion for Sims 4, you could go to build mode for the private school and set up your own uniform. you could even set a tuition for every week, and if you wanted to you could set gender restrictions (not to be sexist, just to make it realistic). The way you would do this is to have a public school for anyone, one private school for just girls, and a private school for boys, or just one private school. Another thing to add on is having a separate elementary school, middle school, and high school. This would work if there were more age options (child, preteen, and teenager.) I also think they should add back universities. The only bug with this idea is that there would be multiple schools in one town, but I think players would enjoy this feature. Also, to enroll in a private school a parent sim could use their phone, computer, or with the sims 3 map layout, simply click on the school. I think it would be cool to have a "tour" option for schools. Maybe the sims could even take their kids to the school, where they meet a principal NPC. One thing I'd love to see is where you could actually follow students to school, such as with the doctor, police, and scientist professions, but this isn't a necessity to me.

My next suggestion is illness and injuries.

Sims 4 tried to add illnesses, but to me, they weren't very impressive. I haven't experimented with illnesses much, but I think we need more of a variety. Also, I'd like to focus more on injuries. Maybe clumsy sims could be prone to get injured at work or school. They go to the hospital and the doctor says they have to use crutches for a week or have a wheelchair. There could be many minor injuries, such as falling down the stairs and needed crutches. And maybe something severe like getting a concussion. Maybe if the sims injuries are so serious, they could be sent to the hospital, and their pictures would be greyed out. It would also be cool to get a hospital bill, and if they are in school, there would be a "Make Up Work" option the next day they went to school. Also, let's say a sim doesn't think they need to go to the hospital. For every day they procrastinate, the injury gets more severe. To explain this in depth, let's say a kid gets a concussion, and two days after the injury, they finally go to the hospital. Normally, the conclusion would last maybe 5 days, but since they waited to be treated it would last 7 days because they didn't get treated. I'm not sure if this is accurate at all to the real world, but I think some research should be done to make sure it's as realistic as much as possible.

Another suggestion is clothes.

I was very disappointed in the difference between sims 4 and sims 3 CAS. We had many more options in Sims 3 and I would like to see those options return (Talking about color customization). However, I did like how sims could buy outfits in the Get to Work expansion pack. It'd be nice to have that again in Sims 5. Also, I think there should be more stores, and that we shouldn't have to build EVERY store, with a minimum of 10 mannequins. I think there should automatically be a layout for clothing stores. Also... WE NEED MORE WEDDING DRESSES AND TUXEDOS!! I can only recall there being a couple of dresses that could be considered a wedding dress in sims 4, and only one in sims 3. We should be able to go to a store to buy a wedding dress, and maybe just evening gowns all-together. Also, since the details in sims 5 are supposed to be more intricate, it'd be nice to customize more of the clothes, such as length of shirts, skirts, pants, etc. One idea is when going in CAS mode, you could click on a shirt, and there would be a customization mode where you change it to ANY color, maybe even add a logo or picture, and change the length or width. All of this would be done on a mannequin version of your sim. And when you're finished, you could click done, and even a "Save" option for future use.

I also agree with all of your suggestions.

One thing I don't want to change is Build Mode. To me, it was so much easier to build a house in sims 4, and hopefully, they keep that format but add more to it. Also, I like how you could change the land plots in sims 3 "Edit Mode". I would really like that feature back.
  • simsobsessedsimsobsessed Posts: 11 New Member
    I also want more traits, as it was in the Sims 3
  • Jb777Jb777 Posts: 1 New Member
    Would like Seasons to be a part of the base game in The Sims 5. Also was thinking and hoping to have an interaction that would allow Sims to be able to shovel the driveway, and possibly have the option of buying a snowblower in the catalogue. Sims can do this pertaining to the level of snow fall, and could adjust times to complete these tasks with that. It would also be nice to have tire marks, and footprints always visible in the snow. Having the cars drive out of the driveway, instead of just appear on the road like in the previous versions would also be nice. If one of the Sims' cars are blocking anothers, there should also be an interaction of asking the other Sim to move their vehicle, or perhaps to ask to borrow their vehicle for what they need to do.
  • OminousFlareOminousFlare Posts: 2,118 Member
    I would want Sims 5 to take the base game to the next level. Sims 3 did great with the open-world gameplay, and Sims 4 with us finally able to follow our Sims to work. Hopefully, Sims 5 could have that next cool thing.

It would be kinda fun actually to follow the Sims to work - when they are in the film career. With Sims so suitable for SimLit stories filled with drama and comedy, I want my Sims to be able to star in his own sitcom or something, like in front of a live Sim audience. Why isn't there a "talk show host" career yet? I would love that. lol Could have a lot of fun with that. Or how about reality TV? That could be fun.

Sims 3 had a lot of fun with Sims going to exotic places like Egypt and China, and I think you could travel to space and aliens worlds (haven't tried it myself). But I think Sims 5 could take that further by incorporating more fantasy elements, like another dimension or something, or even a time machine that goes back to certain historical periods. Make it as whacky or out-of-this-world as possible. Or how about just throw in a unicorn or an orc. Incorporate those fantasy elements to CAS. Allow us to create aliens, orcs, and other non-humans as Sims! Whenever I want to tell a story using Sims, I feel like my hands are tied because a lot of those fantasy elements couldn't be found in Sims games, so I have to use my imagination and pretend they are there if I want to tell such a story.

While it's nice to let our Sims finally go out and play on the streets with this open-world environment, I feel like there isn't enough stuff to do. Therefore, I would also like to see more urban activities in the city that our Sims could participate in. A protest rally or a car accident, that kind of stuff to make the world feel more alive with immersion. We had the ability to travel to other countries in Sims 3, but what about third-world countries? Surely, Sims living more well-off would be able to help out those other poorer countries. And speaking of which, what about natural disasters like earthquakes or a hurricane?

These are just the little things I would love to see in future Sims games.
  • RosalieForeverMe123RosalieForeverMe123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I don't know if you can do this but I am posting a few suggestions of features to add into the Sims 5.

In the Sims I have found that you can only have 8 sims in your household and it has not been enough could you maybe up it to 10 or something around there?

Second of all, it would be nice if we could do scans for when our sim is pregnant and choose if we want to know the gender of baby before it is born?

Lastly, is it possible if you can please make it so you can play more expansion packs on the PlayStation as in the Sims 3 you could only play the base game and the Sims 3 Pets on the PlayStation.

Many thanks in advance,
    Rosalie
  • ImLittlescarletImLittlescarlet Posts: 1 New Member
    My BIGGEST sugestion would be allow an open world where fiends can join online. Just look how popular Connan, Ark, and similar games are. Even if only 6 or 10 players could join it would be worth it!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    I would actually like to see the number of days in a pregnancy adjustable like the different life stages. Three is a pretty fair number if you’re hands off with the pregnancy but ifyou want more detailed interactions during the pregnancy stage, perhaps an adjustable pregnancy duration would be good too.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MacyStarMoonMacyStarMoon Posts: 52 Member
    If yes,i want that the sims can look more realistic.
  • AlbertSteamAlbertSteam Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel like there could be a lot more life stages. From what it looks like in The Sims 4, there’s an Infant stage, child, teen, Young adult, Adult, then elder. It just bothers me just a bit, seeing a child who to me looks like they are ten years of age just jump to age 18. I feel like there should be a preteen stage after the child stage. And I have been hearing others mention an extended pregnancy time. That would be cool as well. I feel like the three days suits you well if you like the short stage life. But I am a person who likes the longest life possible, and three days looks like it’s out of proportion. From what I understand, the stages of life are pretty well made, but if they could elaborate on it a bit more the game would be far more intriguing. And I also feel it would be interesting if other sims would have their life’s in their own control when operating another household. Controlling what job they have, their own love life, and their own body physic, would be a catch to see. But I know producers can only do what they can. But I am hoping they knock this one out!
  • AlbertSteamAlbertSteam Posts: 2 New Member
    I thought of a lil something. Many people make mods for all kinds of things and some talk about teen pregnancy. I know there’s a “Mess around” option when they are teens, but wouldn’t it be interesting if the action played the same way, but with a small percentage of a pregnancy. It’s like there is a chance of your sims not practicing safe. Lol