Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @SiliClone thanks, will look it up! I only used it for one lot (Jamie's, since his place is small enough that the bathroom sink is closer to the table than the kitchen sink) and he's still CTD, so either way, it'll have to wait!

@luthienrising it looks like the package file was the most recent (February 2019, as per MTS), but the ts4script file was from last November? Either way, it's removed now.

Got most of my lots working again. A few are still CTD, so I need to weed through them and work out what the culprit is. Will update when I work it out!
  • shoopdowoopshoopdowoop Posts: 4 New Member
    I finally figured out the issue. I thought I had removed all of my Kijiko eyelashes, but I had missed one. All fixed now!
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    @SiliClone thanks, will look it up! I only used it for one lot (Jamie's, since his place is small enough that the bathroom sink is closer to the table than the kitchen sink) and he's still CTD, so either way, it'll have to wait!

@luthienrising it looks like the package file was the most recent (February 2019, as per MTS), but the ts4script file was from last November? Either way, it's removed now.

Got most of my lots working again. A few are still CTD, so I need to weed through them and work out what the culprit is. Will update when I work it out!

does the lot crash to desktop if you remove all mods?
    @SiliClone no, but it also looks awful because it's about 97% CC. And other lots on the same save are working, so I think I just need to work out exactly what's in there that's causing the crash.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @SiliClone no, but it also looks awful because it's about 97% CC. And other lots on the same save are working, so I think I just need to work out exactly what's in there that's causing the crash.

Make sure you don't have any of the broken CC listed on page 1. Most of it is buy mode.
    edited November 2019
    @Bananas_45 gone through all those, unfortunately! I've done the batch fix and the slot195 thing, don't seem to be having issues with any of my other CC beds (and don't have DU), and don't have that hair. I did go through and check every lot I've done with CC in it, and it looks like everything works except for builds in that neighbourhood (Sable Square in Brindleton Bay). I get the crash even on lots which I haven't touched at all and are completely game-original (the dog park and vet's), and the Heckings have very minimal CC.

I'm guessing that implies it's something on the exterior of either Jamie's place or the other house there? Or would CC in the interiors of places cause a crash even if you're in another lot entirely?

For what it's worth, Jamie himself is loading fine - I can load him in CAS from Manage Households, and had another Sim call him over then switched control by going through Edit In CAS. So he's still completely playable, it's just his house and everything else in the neighbourhood.

Edit: Narrowed it down to an actual mod, not an item of CC! I'm about to go to bed, but in the morning I'll go through my folder and work out if there's any I have that's exclusive to Jamie's lot.
    Post edited by ryttu3k on
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    @TomasGrizzly Have you checked Balanced Calories alone?

I did not - I haven't played much yet and the mod wasn't updated in a while (while all my other mods were up-to-date already) so I considered it the most likely culprit. And it's the only mod I have that manipulates food.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited November 2019
    Having a problem where I can’t apply paint to walls in build mode. I don’t have any mods that affect walls or custom wallpaper so I’m not sure what could be broken. This is the first time even touching university after spending days updating my mods via this thread so I’m a bit stumped.

On the first page in this post there is one CC wallset listed that was causing issues. If you have that file in your CC folder it might be the culprit.

Here is the link to the creators site so you can check the photos. pyszny: Pearl & Oyster Shower Wall
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @Bananas_45 gone through all those, unfortunately! I've done the batch fix and the slot195 thing, don't seem to be having issues with any of my other CC beds (and don't have DU), and don't have that hair. I did go through and check every lot I've done with CC in it, and it looks like everything works except for builds in that neighbourhood (Sable Square in Brindleton Bay). I get the crash even on lots which I haven't touched at all and are completely game-original (the dog park and vet's), and the Heckings have very minimal CC.

I'm guessing that implies it's something on the exterior of either Jamie's place or the other house there? Or would CC in the interiors of places cause a crash even if you're in another lot entirely?

For what it's worth, Jamie himself is loading fine - I can load him in CAS from Manage Households, and had another Sim call him over then switched control by going through Edit In CAS. So he's still completely playable, it's just his house and everything else in the neighbourhood.

Edit: Narrowed it down to an actual mod, not an item of CC! I'm about to go to bed, but in the morning I'll go through my folder and work out if there's any I have that's exclusive to Jamie's lot.

I'm glad you have a lead on your problem! I hope it's fixed. In answer to your question about interiors, CC should only cause issues in the houses you have them installed in.
  • MacyStarMoonMacyStarMoon Posts: 52 Member
    DearKim's default selfie pose replacement is broken.my sims stand still in selfies after the 1.58 patch update.
    Both single and paired selfie poses doesn't work.

I had the same problem... and it was a problem that sticks also when you remove CC and mods so try and test it, then quit without saving. I'm not even sure I fixed my game yet so if you find the mod please share (I deleted a bunch I wasn't using from the author of the mod that was causing it, so I'm not sure what it was or if it's fixed)
  • GeoGeo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello there. Does anyone know of a faster eating/drinking mod that works fine? All the ones on Mod The Sims are outdated.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    @Rosiasenpai - I'd just like to second this. I am also seeing this with my Anto CC hair. I have TONS of Anto's stuff, and they all have the weird thing that you showed in your picture! :'(

... I have realized I mostly play with "clayified" hair, maybe its time to remove my Alpha CC hair.. :thinking:
  • DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    Geo wrote: »
    Hello there. Does anyone know of a faster eating/drinking mod that works fine? All the ones on Mod The Sims are outdated.

@Geo The Faster Eating and Drinking mod from cyclelegs on MTS didn't need an update and still works as intended. http://modthesims.info/d/604352
  • Ailias_2Ailias_2 Posts: 21 Member
    My new University Required set (Recolor)
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/635241/ep08-cafecrema-recolorset.html
  • oopsdaiesoopsdaies Posts: 37 Member
    RobotBees wrote: »
    oopsdaies wrote: »
    RobotBees wrote: »
    oopsdaies wrote: »
    Hello. I have been having a bothersome glitch in my game, immediately after the update because everything had been alright before, and I believe it most likely has to do with a broken mod.

I wish I could get a good screenshot of it happening but its incredibly difficult to because it only occurs when I open a household in game or when I'm scrolling in CAS, so I will attempt to describe it instead until I can figure out a way to get a visual.

The screen flickers from white or the main color and distorts objects for a brief second and then as soon as any movement is made it occurs again.

I've tried everything I can to fix it. I've updated any mod that needed updating, and even after that removing the folder of those core mods, and because I first spotted it in CAS I removed any CAS mods that might've been conflicting and causing this problem but to no avail.

I wanted to know if anyone had been having a similar problem and may know the mod possibly root of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to play my game! :(

I think I have the same thing happening in my game - it looks like static going across the bottom of the screen? I took out my entire mods folder and the issue persisted. I also adjusted my graphics to the lowest settings and put laptop mode back on and that didn't fix it either. Do you play on a mac?

Yes I have the exact same problem! I also play on a mac.

EDIT: If you find out what may be causing this please let me know! I will of course do the same as well if I find the cause this glitch, especially for others who may also have this problem and need to be aware of it.

There's a thread on EA answers about it, but it doesn't look like there's an official fix. It's definitely a mac issue though. They're talking about switching to windowed mode as a potential work around and someone mentioned resetting to factory settings.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-has-glitchy-lines-across-the-whole-screen/td-p/8439920

Thanks for the link. Its becoming increasingly more upsetting that only macs have yet another problem to deal with, especially after that big CAS skin detail glitch. I wish EA would pay more attention to these things more. It makes the game much less enjoyable and gives me much less of an incentive to put my own money into the franchise, especially because it's becoming a constant thing for macs. I'll try the workaround.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    since my internet stopped being bugg i was going to update my game mods. but have a question, i uswd the bank mod before but not the loan mod. if i put both in will they conflict? i
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @bandit5 Please try redownloading the Townie Less Fame mod (it's been updated more than once) and test it alone.
    @Ninjabusiness Anything that speaks to Careers is likely to have broken. I'll list that one. Thanks!
    @neuroticmars Just checking that you tested Expanded Arcana Artifact_Familiars Skull by Wildwitch alone, with nothing else installed.
    Thanks @Rosiasenpai and @s_stutler ! Alpha hair can be ultrasensitive to changes. I'll list is as broken. I'd suggest for now just switching the hair out, though, and contacting the creator, who is active.
    Thanks @MacyStarMoon and @Ailias_2 !
    @friendsfan367 My recollection is that one of them includes both, so use that one. There are instructions on the mod's site.

Broken Mods
    • Livestream regardless of Career (Xceptionz)
    • DearKim's default selfie pose replacement

Updated Mods
    Legacy Edition Only Update
    Broken CC
    • hair by Anto (alpha hair)

New and Relevant
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I got it!! The issue was with this shelf override from Picture Amoebae. I took the mod out and was able to get back into the lot, then deleted the shelves and replaced the mod. That actually let me load the game. Still CTD when I tried to place the actual shelves, unfortunately, but at least it's not CTD on loading the lot, and I can find another shelving system. The OMSP shelf is loading fine.

Downside, Jamie's collection is completely wiped out (before: one and two, and I had since completed the familiars collection too) :(
    @luthienrising can you get rejected? really? I found nothing in the codes apart from the possibility to get rejected from distinguished degrees. Anyway, that mod can make sims be rejected from university all together, even for standard courses.
  • octoweirdooctoweirdo Posts: 4 New Member
    Livestream Regardless of Career still works in my game
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    can't assign a bed too my active sim in university with townie less fame in mods folder alone.
  • DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    @luthienrising I'm sorry to confirm what @bandit5 says about the latest version (17th November) of @Bienchen83 townieoverhaul_lessfame mod. Somehow, it hides the interaction dialogue for assigning beds (not just in dorms, but in general), which is very weird and doesn't really make sense. But it does so nonetheless...
  • Hoppel785Hoppel785 Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Rosiasenpai In my game, the hair of Anto work very well.
    https://www.imgbox.de/users/Hoppel785/Anto_Hair.png
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    i can assign beds too anyone but active sim when mod is in