Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation 2019 Now Out

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
I'm putting this up early because we will most likely get a Holiday Update in December. This thread is to speculate on what type of Holiday Objects we may get and of course bug fixes. Pretty sure this will be proceded by a Maxis Montly before it comes out. I want to get people excited about the upcoming Holiday Update as I am for it.

Here is what I'm hoping for

A Holiday Post Light with many light color options which include green and red colors for christmas. This object would have a wreath in the center of the light and a bow on top. This would be an outdoor light and would look good close to a mailbox.

A train that can go around the christmas tree. This should be compatible with the base game tree and the trees from Seasons. Graham liked this idea when I posted on Twitter.

Stair banister garland you can place on stair banisters and with lights on it.

Poinsettie

More Songs for the Winter Holiday Station

Gingerbread Houses

Santa clothing,beards and shoes in CAS for Teens thru Elders and Elf Outfits and hats for children.

Lots of Bug Fixes some of which will come with Discover University.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i want the dancing snowman radio back from sims 2. it's hypnotizing.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    They could make a betlehem with freezer bunny in the crib
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maxis tries to avoid getting religious about holidays. We'll probably get more decorations and clothes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i want the dancing snowman radio back from sims 2. it's hypnotizing.

Me too.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I love that for the past few years we have gotten non-U.S. centric stuff for the holidays. Honestly I think we have enough American Christmas stuff, so I hope we get something else. If they want to do something Hanukkah related, they could add dreidels, latkes, and maybe kippot for men.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd rather they not make a mockery like that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd rather they not make a mockery like that.

Agreed.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I hope the new CAS content hinted at is Christian and Jewish inspired content. I need Kippahs and crucifixes for Christmas and Hanukkah ASAP.
    Since we got the holiday pack in November there may not be a December Patch.

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Since we got the holiday pack in November there may not be a December Patch.

Quite sure Uni will bring a ton of bugs to be fixed...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I wish they would add eggnog, Christmas cookies , Gingerbread house and please add the hot chocolate to the coffee or tea maker.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I don't think there will be a further holiday update, I think the clothes for the toddlers and children were it.

I agree about the hot chocolate, I was so disappointed that the one that came with Outdoor Retreat was decorative only.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I loved the way that hot chocolate could warm sims up in Sims 2 when they were in danger of freezing.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Even if there is no holiday content I still think there will be a December Patch for the bugs in Discover University. There is 2 game killing bugs that I've seen mentioned Error 102 and Error 109 the former corrupts your save if you try to travel back after graduation and also wipes relationships. Also I think the food spawning everywhere will be fixed in December.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Even if there is no holiday content I still think there will be a December Patch for the bugs in Discover University. There is 2 game killing bugs that I've seen mentioned Error 102 and Error 109 the former corrupts your save if you try to travel back after graduation and also wipes relationships. Also I think the food spawning everywhere will be fixed in December.
    I didn’t get an error message but my sim had all her relationship wiped except for the ex(different household) and household members. She was friends with about 4 other sims but now they don’t appear in her relationship tab. Oh well, guess I’ll check out answers hq
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    beville wrote: »
    I wish they would add eggnog, Christmas cookies , Gingerbread house and please add the hot chocolate to the coffee or tea maker.

I would love for them to make an interactive ginger bread baking kit. It would be nice to have a 'bake together' option and choose from toppings like we can when decorating the Christmas tree. I know it's a bit too much for a free patch but it would be a nice interaction

Whatever it is I hope we get some new interactions and some nice decor items
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I'll be a happy cornflake as long as they fix the spellcaster eyes. Those glitches that @catloverplayer mentioned sound pretty bad, though. :#
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

This would make me happy especially the hot cocoa.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I wish they would add eggnog,
    You mean runny custard?
    Christmas cookies
    What are they? How do they differ from other cookies?
    'Round these parts, "xmas bikkies" tend to be gingerbread or shortbread

Gingerbread house and please add the hot chocolate to the coffee or tea maker.
    They should have added gingerbread houses for Halloween... after all, isn't that a popular witch housing?
    And noooooooo!!! Don't pollute the coffee or tea makers with chocolate! Hot choccies need to be made separately! Perhaps as a microwavable drink, or a stove top stirring.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Christmas cookies are surgur cookies with frosting.They are usually are in the shape of Christmas items, or stuff in Christmas.
    Like a Christmas tree
    The Star
    Candy Cane
    Angel
    Nativity scene
    In the Patch Notes it said we got christmas items but all we got was Christmas Outfits for toddlers and children and some of them don't look christmasy. Seasons gave us some christmas clothing for toddlers and children. I just hope there will be some buy build holiday items in the Dec Patch.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I hope they fix the bug where toddler needs are rapidly decaying.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    We need a full fixed patch to fix the pets always sick, Mermaids missing their bottom halves, Spellcaster occult eyes & random Sims wearing terrible tourist outfits & showing up where they don't belong.
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    I would really like Christmas foods like hot chocolate and gingerbread cookies to come! More Christmas clothes would also be fantastic for me.
    SimGuruFrost just posted Redacted on Twitter. Could mean new content in the December Update.