Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What’s a gameplay feature you’ve NEVER used? New ideas to spice up your game!

popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
Hey Simmies, I realized today there are a ton of gameplay features I’ve never even explored. Which ones haven’t you ever used?

If someone mentions one that you’ve personally used and love - shout it out! Let us know why you love it. It’d be cool to learn about some fun/surprising aspects of the game I’ve never played with yet.

Also, try and limit it to the packs you own. Don’t say you’ve never tried spell casting because you don’t have RoM. 🙃

Here’s a few that I’ve never tried out yet...

- Veterinarian
- Pet Training Skill
- Making a Sim with a bad reputation
- Tech Guru Career
- Whatever the Sulani island spirits are called
- Flower Bunny Day / Egg Hunt
- Gardening splicing. Honestly, I didn’t even know anything about this until I read the recent patch notes. Looking forward to leveling up in this skill!

How about you?

Post edited by popstarsley on

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    The cupcake machine from BG
    Woodworking table
    The bubble table thing from CL
    the alien clothing from GTW
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I actually have quite a lot I'm yet to explore.
    - Pet Training Skill
    - Astronaut Career
    - Gardening Career
    - Fisherman Part-Time Job
    - Earthquake Zone Lot Trait
    - Celebrities with Poor Reputation
    - Owning a Restaurant
    - Part 3 of the Strangerville Mystery (... I just really don't like lightning, okay? I'm not sure if the lightning caused by the strange weather goes away with the settings.)
    - Sentient Gnomes
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I haven’t used the woodworking table much either, @SelinaKyles! Maybe I’ll give it a try. I sometimes play the cupcake machine on the very rare occasion my Sim has a big enough house 🙃

For some strange reason I enjoy making crab cakes and salmon croquettes with it. I wish they’d just add these items to the normal oven.
    Haha @AriaMad2 I definitely suggest you give the earthquake trait a try. It is quite the shock!
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Oh wow i have a lot
    • Owning a retail business or restaurant
    • The cupcake machine
    • Occults besides aliens
    • Pet training (i didn’t even know you could do that until recently :lol:)
    • Exploring Selvadorada
    • Most of the careers
    • Celebrities and sims with poor reputation
    • Mean sims in general

I have a lot more things i never tried, but it would take so long to name them all. I wanna branch out my gameplay more, but I also prefer the comfort of what I’m used to :P
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Cupcake machine is the only thing that comes to mind.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    -Veterinarian
    -Pet training
    -Frog breeding
    -Mermaids
    -Island Spirits
    -Cupcake machine
    -Military career
    -Astronaut career
    -Owning a restaurant

I'm sure there is plenty of other things as well. This thread is actually a great way I've figuring out new things to try :smile:
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    of the things i have?

I've pretty much been through all the skills at some point or another, i've also been through every career as well.

i haven't used the pancake maker or cupcake maker, neither have i used a lot of other stuff hidden behind career levels, although i have used fitness and business lot items in the past.

I haven't gone through every plant in this game during gardening, the UFO plant and the cheap plants that offer little per harvest. Only recently have i managed to work with money trees ("I smell money!" :D ).

I also haven't tried my hand at resturants yet either, however i am not far from the point i could see myself building one from trial and error and simply seeing what happens.

i also haven't deal with other lot types beyond the usual either.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Quite a few things, I've made it a point to work thru some of the things I've not done, I'm paying for these things but not using them! I'm so stuck in my ways. Recently I've made a scientist, and some one to explore El Salvador, I've not properly run a business (apart from one artist sim who opened an art shop), not played the doctor career (briefly the police career as a townie my sim married was top of the police career so had a play about with it), not done any thing with Island Living, loads of careers in general I've not played with (military, business etc) I stick with things like musician, gardener, um never been a vet, not done much pet training, done the bad reputation thing (all my sims are good!), yeah more than I think!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Aliens, the GTW active careers, anything related to ghosts (other than one or two ghost night parties), broom flying, several regular careers, bad reputation Sims, bad traits from Parenting. Probably a ton more too.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Owning a restaurant
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I've been really trying to make stories to focus on some of the stuff I know I haven't done but want to, such as:
    - PlantSims
    - Hiring Butlers and/or Nannies
    - Fashion Photographer Career
    - Any Freelancing Careers
    - Style Influencer Career
    - Family Bulletin Board
    - Temple Exploration
    - Archaeology
    - Strangerville Story
    - Detective Career
    - Veterinarian Skill and Business
    - Celebrities with Bad Reputation
    - Conservationist Career
    - Sulani Fishing
    - Sustainable Living

Mostly can't get myself to play them until Discover University releases on console, it's the pack I've been waiting for and have stalled all my progress for 😂
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I started a Super Sim save and started to make a list of all the things to do with her and realized how much I have not done yet:
    Veterinarian/owning a vet clinic.
    Exploring the ruins (I went in one and then left, never even got below the first level).
    Roomba-style vacuum.
    Critic career.
    Just got Island Living, so everything with it.
    Cop Career.
    Making a clone.
    Getting pregnant by alien abduction.

And many more!

It makes me realize how much I stick to specific storylines. I want to branch out and explore more things.
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    I try to at least check out new features when they get released in new packs, but lately I've been super busy with my 100 Baby+ Challenge. So I've missed out on most of the Island Living content and also haven't looked much into Discover University yet. Need to catch up!!!

Gardening is super fun btw. @popstarissa plus you can make rather good money with it.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @AriaMad2 I love the quake zone trait! It gives the screen a little animation when it happens...but it breaks things😅 still I love it
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @Prink34320V2
    The Fishing career is so lame, the pay is absolutely pitiful, don’t bother.

I haven’t done:
    Running any business or restaurant
    Being a Veterinarian
    The dog training that involves the obstacle course
    Aliens and alien pregnancy
    Military career
    Strangerville mystery
    Volcanic activity lot trait
    Bad growing up traits from Parenthood
    Bad reputation
    Jungle Adventure relics
    That jewel crown from Get Famous
    Secret Society
    Robotics
    All the organizations and sports from DU

Most of them I’m looking forward to trying, but a few I have no real interest in. Good thread!
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Here are a few I rarely use: the Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Retreat features, the Military career, Aliens (I used to play a lot when The Sims 4 was released, but since then they don't appeal to me for some reason), the Bad Reputation system that came with Get Famous, and hiring Butlers.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Is being a vet like a GTW career? I've never tried it, that's all.

@popstarissa Pet Training is a way to make money if your sim owns a dog. Max the skill by teaching the dog new tricks then take the dog to a park and use "perform tricks". Sims will gather round and tip you while being entertained by your dog.
    @babajayne ah! The jewel crown. That’s a good one. My Sim comes across a lot of gemstones but I’ve never tried them in that Thanos hat yet.

@Derella I didn’t even know frog breeding was a thing!

@Prink34320V2 I also have not tried any of the freelancing careers or Conservationist. I just threw one of my Sims into Uni for Biology with the goal of making her a Marine Biologist. We’ll see!

I’ve heard a lot of people say how fun the Scientist career is but I’ve never tried that one either. Maybe that’ll be my next goal!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Haven't really had the chance to explore the vet career really should. I've used just about every feature introduced in the game. Don't use a handful of lot traits though.

Had s sim in every careet.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    bee box
    i keep adding it to lots i build that I'm not playing on and then never actually play with it ._. cause like my main family never really seems the type
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @Simmingal ah yes the bee box! Whenever I scroll past the Honey Cake on the Cook... menu I always remember I should try out the bee box. I don’t really have any Simmie families that seem like the type either, though.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Owning a business. It's something that just never interested me. I've seen people play retail stores in lets plays and it just doesn't look that fun.
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    Reading this list makes me realize how much I still need to explore.
    @sharonia same here. The only one I’ve tried is owning a Restaurant. It was pretty fun. I had the husband, wife, and teens rotating the manager role. I wish we could assign our own waitstaff and cooks, though. It’d be fun to have other family members in those roles. It was cool to have a place where my Sim’s family and friends were always coming to eat, but the actions themselves got old quickly. Maybe I will try some sort of shop one of these days!