Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you have any smart AI/Assistant products at home (Alexa, Google Home, etc)?

Nope. I can't even begin to imagine myself talking to my Google Assistant out loud on my phone. And Cortana on Windows is being annoying now cuz I can't type in it anymore after a few updates ago. :(

bellagoth_ wrote: »
    Nushnushganay DeKay thank you! <3

btw dekay i LOVE your drawings, ik i already told you but i had to say it again, you're very talented <3

how are you guys today?

Thank you so much! Appreciate it.

I'm good today. It's only morning so nothing much going on but I've received (almost) this piece from my fav artist who I commissioned. 😂 It's so goooooddd, aaaah...😭😭😭 How are you?

No, but my mom is planning on getting a google home mini
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    edited November 2019
    New drawing coming thru...
    UDoSZLD.jpg
    P0Dd5O8.gif
    Stage 1 of painting is always so eeeeww, makes me wanna stop the drawing and draw something else but perseverance is key, if you are an artist or writer or any kinda creator! Don't give up!
    ZnocJ8d.jpg

Looks like a TS3 sim. Maybe it's the freckles.

Meanwhile, how is everyone?

TS3 sim with CC. :D

I'm good. How are you?
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Nope. I can't even begin to imagine myself talking to my Google Assistant out loud on my phone. And Cortana on Windows is being annoying now cuz I can't type in it anymore after a few updates ago. :(

btw dekay i LOVE your drawings, ik i already told you but i had to say it again, you're very talented <3

how are you guys today?

I'm good today. It's only morning so nothing much going on but I've received (almost) this piece from my fav artist who I commissioned. 😂 It's so goooooddd, aaaah...😭😭😭 How are you?

No, but my mom is planning on getting a google home mini

Creepy. :D But Google Home is scarily accurate tho.
    No, and I wouldn't purchase bugs for my house on a bet. It's despicable that they try to force them down our throats with "smart" things that listen, record, and voiceprint people. People are so amazingly laissez-faire about their privacy, imagining that their voiceprint data and other biometrics, gathered with impunity, cannot possibly have any consequences. It's so incredibly stupid. Let's look at the track record of how much money and corporations have human interest at heart, and then come to a position of just how much more power we want to give them over us, and how much faith we should have in them. Nobody wants to consider it.

But there are products you can buy to help you defend yourself, such as the Parasite device that fits onto your snooping "assistant" so def check those out if you can get one. They look a little...suggestive and laughable, but if I had to live with one of those, I would put one of these on it.

That's so weird that they made something to stop Alexa spying on us. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @DeKay please tell me you're doing art professionally or in art school or something!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    DeKay please tell me you're doing art professionally or in art school or something!

I studied visual effects in uni and earned a Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts. :) Now, I'm doing graphic designs for this e-learning company but sometimes I have to do motion graphic videos too which I'm not so great at. I miss vfx tho. :(
    832XG3D.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

how are you guys today?

I have Google Assistant. It's... eh, ok I guess. It sometimes turns on without me saying "Hey, Google..." :/ Aw, the price of technology!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    edited November 2019
    Today's Q Q is:

how are you guys today?

I have Google Assistant. It's... eh, ok I guess. It sometimes turns on without me saying "Hey, Google..." :/ Aw, the price of technology!

I use Google Assistant to remind me of stuff cuz I'm always so forgetful. :D But I only recently learned that you could also use it to tell it to dim/adjust your phone's brightness, or reply to a message etc... O.o
    832XG3D.gif
    @DeKay It's a need (a device to turn your spying convenience into one that can't spy on you and can only listen when you want it to) that should have been built into all these snooping devices from the start, but of course it wouldn't be, because protecting our privacy is not as lucrative as eroding it. It's endemic to late capitalism, that not only profit, but now collusion with governments in the shared interest of increased power, overrides all else, including health, wellbeing, moral integrity, sustainability. But that's not news.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    DeKay It's a need (a device to turn your spying convenience into one that can't spy on you and can only listen when you want it to) that should have been built into all these snooping devices from the start, but of course it wouldn't be, because protecting our privacy is not as lucrative as eroding it. It's endemic to late capitalism, that not only profit, but now collusion with governments in the shared interest of increased power, overrides all else, including health, wellbeing, moral integrity, sustainability. But that's not news.

Hmm, but I feel like it's these AI devices can't snoop around, they might not be as effective as they should be.
    🤔🤔
    832XG3D.gif
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hellooo
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    Hellooo

Hellooooooooooooooo. How are you?
    832XG3D.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Hellooo

hiiiiii
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Hellooo

Kinda sick but otherwise i'm good. How are you?
    Hellooo

hiiiiii

eyyy
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Hellooo

Hellooo

hiiiiii

eyyy

You're still sick? Drink tea and water, and some more tea and water. 🤣🍵👌

I'm good. The piece I commissioned is here and I'm soooo happy. 😭😭🥰🥰 IT'S SO PRETTY.
    sE1rzAy.jpg
    giphy.gif
    832XG3D.gif
    Hellooo

Hellooo

hiiiiii

eyyy

I'm good. The piece I commissioned is here and I'm soooo happy. 😭😭🥰🥰 IT'S SO PRETTY.
    sE1rzAy.jpg
    giphy.gif

Not cold sick, but like, nausea sick.
    Tea does sound good though right now.

That looks awesome!
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    edited November 2019
    Hellooo

Hellooo

hiiiiii

eyyy

sE1rzAy.jpg
    giphy.gif

That looks awesome!

Nausea? Or no. Maybe you should sleep. That always helps me. 😂 Cold tea will be good too but maybe not hot. I feel even more nauseated if I were to drink hot sugarless tea. 😂

Yes, it is. 🥰 I'm gonna make it as a wallpaper for everything. 😂
    832XG3D.gif
    edited November 2019
    DeKay It's a need (a device to turn your spying convenience into one that can't spy on you and can only listen when you want it to) that should have been built into all these snooping devices from the start, but of course it wouldn't be, because protecting our privacy is not as lucrative as eroding it. It's endemic to late capitalism, that not only profit, but now collusion with governments in the shared interest of increased power, overrides all else, including health, wellbeing, moral integrity, sustainability. But that's not news.

Hmm, but I feel like it's these AI devices can't snoop around, they might not be as effective as they should be.
    🤔🤔

It doesn't stop them from working at all ever. The parasite stops whispering sound-camouflaging noise into the assistant when you say the words to address it, and then and only then, can the assistant listen to you. When you are done, the parasite goes back to essentially jamming the mic. That way, you have functionality on demand, but aren't exposed to 24/7 passive surveillance.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Hellooo

Hellooo

hiiiiii

eyyy

sE1rzAy.jpg
    giphy.gif

That looks awesome!

Break out the ginger ale. That's good stuff for nausea.

Wednesday is almost here!
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
    edited November 2019
    Only if it has real ginger in it, which most brands don't. Otherwise, any acidic fizzy drink is potentially good for nausea if it's caused by a lack of stomach acid, like Coca Cola is one often used for that. But if you want real ginger's anti-nausea effects, you have to get real ginger beer or a craft soda that has real ginger in it. Just FYI. What helps the nausea is also highly dependent on what is causing it.

Does the person suffering from the nausea know the cause?

@DeKay -- the reason hot sugarless tea might make nausea worse, is the tannins in the tea. If you drink a good strong black tea straight on an empty stomach, you can actually become nauseated just from that. I learned quickly that Yorkshire Gold must be taken either with milk or with food. But that doesn't happen with weak cheap teas of no real flavor or fragrance, like Lipton.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:
    List the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.

1. Listening to music. I pretty much do this for 16 hours a day.
    2. Photoshop work for my job, or maybe video editing also for my job.
    3. Drawing for fun.
    4. Watch Youtube videos.
    5. Sleep? I guess? XD

Only if it has real ginger in it, which most brands don't. Otherwise, any acidic fizzy drink is potentially good for nausea if it's caused by a lack of stomach acid, like Coca Cola is one often used for that. But if you want real ginger's anti-nausea effects, you have to get real ginger beer or a craft soda that has real ginger in it. Just FYI. What helps the nausea is also highly dependent on what is causing it.

Does the person suffering from the nausea know the cause?

DeKay -- the reason hot sugarless tea might make nausea worse, is the tannins in the tea. If you drink a good strong black tea straight on an empty stomach, you can actually become nauseated just from that. I learned quickly that Yorkshire Gold must be taken either with milk or with food. But that doesn't happen with weak cheap teas of no real flavor or fragrance, like Lipton.

Ah, that is probably the reason why. :D
    832XG3D.gif
    1. Listening to music. I pretty much do this while doing everything else.
    2. Food prep and cleanup
    3. Streaming video or reading articles
    4. Gaming
    5. Tutoring in math

xicwqMCm.jpg
    1. Listening to music. I pretty much do this while doing everything else.
    2. Food prep and cleanup
    3. Streaming video or reading articles
    4. Gaming
    5. Tutoring in math

Music is our oxygen. XD I get so mad whenever I can't listen to music. 🤣
    832XG3D.gif
    I was having stomach pains/cramps that were causing the nausea. I feel better now, though. Thankfully never lasts too long.
    Today's Q Q is:

3. Drawing for fun.
    4. Watch Youtube videos.
    5. Sleep? I guess? XD

I don't know how to properly put it in order but i'll try :lol:

1. Being in the sims for whatever reason. Usually i'm screenshotting for simlit. I've been building a lot too recently.
    2. Similarly, drawing/editing sims screenshots.
    3. Writing.
    4. Also music, although i do this while i'm doing the above 3 so.
    5. Procrastinating. :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    I was having stomach pains/cramps that were causing the nausea. I feel better now, though. Thankfully never lasts too long.
    Today's Q Q is:

3. Drawing for fun.
    4. Watch Youtube videos.
    5. Sleep? I guess? XD

I don't know how to properly put it in order but i'll try :lol:

1. Being in the sims for whatever reason. Usually i'm screenshotting for simlit. I've been building a lot too recently.
    2. Similarly, drawing/editing sims screenshots.
    3. Writing.
    4. Also music, although i do this while i'm doing the above 3 so.
    5. Procrastinating. :joy:

How do you get so much done but also procrastinate? :D
    832XG3D.gif
    Exactly. I can do any unpleasant thing I have to do in life, and put up with nearly anything, so long as I have my music. If we have any Sim traits irl, Music Lover has to be top of the list. Foodie is next on my list, but lately I would rather not eat, than deal with the hassle. But not eating for 24+ hrs left me feeling shaky and a bit mentally addled, so I made myself eat at that point.

No, I don't have an eating disorder. Food is great, but I am so sick of the necessity.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Exactly. I can do any unpleasant thing I have to do in life, and put up with nearly anything, so long as I have my music. If we have any Sim traits irl, Music Lover has to be top of the list. Foodie is next on my list, but lately I would rather not eat, than deal with the hassle. But not eating for 24+ hrs left me feeling shaky and a bit mentally addled, so I made myself eat at that point.

No, I don't have an eating disorder. Food is great, but I am so sick of the necessity.

Hahaa. I kinda have a similar problem. I have been going out a lot in the past weekends and always eating fast food to the point that I'm sick of it. And on weekdays, I eat salads all the time that I'm also sick of them. So I'm just like, "Wow... I'm just sick of eating. Nothing is good anymore." 😅😖
    832XG3D.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top