Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new 'transportation' buy mode category being added in the game...

2...Next

Comments

• LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i hope cars are coming soon, especially if they were able to fix the water in the older worlds to make them swimmable it shows that they are able to edit pre-existing worlds and edit the old roads into something usable as well.

I think they must be coming? They're going with 64 bit computers only now and that would be a really good reason for that.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Not a single mention of cars. But seeing as they added bicycles to all the worlds, plus swimming areas to the DU world, I am inclined to think cars will make an appearance in the first EP in 2020. Now that support for 32bit has officially ended, perhaps we will start to see many of the features they once said were impossible to do in Sims4, become possibilities in the future. Adding cars to an EP centered around families and family activities would be a nice fit. Mini vans, sportscars, motorcycles, scooters. All of these could be possible in the future. The inclusion of driveways in GF and Glimmerbrook does give me a lot of hope.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    Because (I believe) we're getting cars eventually. Some say this game'll never have cars. No way, there are too many requests for them and if it was impossible there wouldn't have been a cars survey.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited November 2019
    I saw that category after the update. But, it’s gonna be empty if you don’t have Island Living or Discover University ? So my guess is we’re gonna have more means of transportation and hopefully cars.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I have ROM and the broomsticks aren't in it. All I see is 3 boats. Hopefully I ll see bikes in it Friday.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    They didn’t say anything about that In the Maxis Monthly, did they ?

No.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    fwiw, I don't have IL and the bike isn't in the Outdoors category for me, just an empty space. (but who knows, maybe my game wasn't working right)
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I have ROM and the broomsticks aren't in it. All I see is 3 boats. Hopefully I ll see bikes in it Friday.

Aren’t brooms collectible items though?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    would be nice to have cars in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited November 2019
    @catloverplayer Did you type bb.showhiddenobjects to enter debug mode and see if brooms are there ?

• LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if cars weren't added to the game - in the last ever patch.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    The bikes are REALLY intriguing tbh. All the video of them gives me a lot of hope. The way they find their way to the path and follow it perfectly gives me serious car vibes. They really just need to update the roads and do the same thing
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    So, is that the category that horses will be in eventually? ;)

Except I see horses coming in CAS mode under "pets" section. I definitely have a feeling we'll get horses in a farming expansion pack next year! :)
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    So, is that the category that horses will be in eventually? ;)

Except I see horses coming in CAS mode under "pets" section. I definitely have a feeling we'll get horses in a farming expansion pack next year! :)

Ugh I kind of hope they wont be treated like Sims. I'm already not such a fan of cats and dogs taking up household slots. I wanna breed and sell horses and that's hard to do while having a growing family if they take up sim slots
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Taxi's, and public transportation/citybuses would be cool if we don't get cars, i just miss my sims getting in a vechicle and going to their destination like in sims3 :)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i hope cars are coming soon, especially if they were able to fix the water in the older worlds to make them swimmable it shows that they are able to edit pre-existing worlds and edit the old roads into something usable as well.

The funny thing is near the beginning when we were complaining about lack of worlds and world sizes, they said the worlds were not only changeable but expandable and they made it sound like they could add extra to them in the future. Still havent seen even a little bit of that put in to practice though
    Magnolia Promenade quickly put that lie to a rest it fit perfect in with Willow Creek yet they made it its own awkward 4 lot world instead of expanding Willow Creek like they should have. The same can be said for the hospital and police station imagine how great this game could be if the original promises were true.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Dianesims wrote: »
    @catloverplayer Did you type bb.showhiddenobjects to enter debug mode and see if brooms are there ?

No
    LMcGE wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if cars weren't added to the game - in the last ever patch.

That would be very disappointing if they waited till about when Sims 5 is out. I'm actually expecting cars in Early 2020.