Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

These Poll Choices were Plum

Comments

• TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I voted arts and crafts it adds something different to the game. Some of the other options should had been included with previous stuff packs, like the Self care pack, most of that could had been added to the Spa Day pack, and would had fit in well with it.
    Some of the stuff from Happy Haunts, could had been placed in some of the other occult themed packs we've gotten.

Arts and Crafts is my first pick, mostly because it consists of things that doesn't look like they scraped it off the cutting room floor from other expansions or packs.

It is also very disappointing to see a smaller microscope and telescope are being tacked onto a stuff pack, can this please get added in a patch? I never use any of those because they are massive.

Can't wait to see which theme wins, even if it isn't the theme I picked for, I will keep a open mind about it.

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    While I understand we have many Simmers who love playing occult Sims, I'm disappointed the teams feel we need more, and included Happy Haunts to the list of possibilities. Vampires, mermaids, Spellcasters, ghosts, aliens and Island Spirits, along with traits and aspirations for some, with their own perks, interactions, and relevant worlds. There has been a lot added to the game for the occult players. Let's spread out and try some new features for the game. Features many Simmers have been asking for, for a long time. I am not saying the occult enthusiasts should be left out. Everyone has the right to hope for what they want in the game. But the kids, teens and elders in the game have not been given much of anything new for a long time. And from the early results I have seen from the first round of voting, Happy Haunts is in first place. I have already passed on buying Vampires, RoM, and DU because of bugs, and features I 'might' use in the future, but if Happy Haunts is going to be the next new pack, I will pass on it. In the beginning Sims4 was all about YAs, then we slowly began getting things for families with Parenthood and Seasons, packs for kids and toddlers, but the game was still leaning heavily towards YAs and their activities. Now it's as if the balance has shifted in the direction of the occults. There simply doesn't seem to be a good balance with features being added for all types of playing styles. Our toddlers have been hit twice with serious glitches in recent months. Platters of food are appearing everywhere since IL was released. Now players are saying their worlds are being overrun with way more random Sims than neccessary in DU. The game feels unbalanced and I wish the teams could find a way to create packs that include features for everyone rather than release pack after pack for one group then stop adding anything for that group in the next pack. It's a feast or famine scenario. There is a lot of new content being asked for. But then we get it all at once, or we get nothing. Then we wait, and don't buy anything, or add anything new to the game.

@Paigeisin5 I don't think we had enough occult content. Sims 3 had 5 years of development, we had 15 occult life states, 3 occult themed traits, 14 occult themed lifetime wishes a couple of Occult themed careers, at least 10 lifetime rewards related to occults and a bunch of objects with new interactions like the Flying Broom Arena, plants, recipes, etc that will not be added to SIms 4 anymore because we already had a Vampire and a Spellcaster themed GP's. We deserve more occult stuff in Sims 4, we barely have 7 occult types and some of them are really bad like the Plantsims. We are obviously going to get farming and hobbies at some point, so... stop raining on supernatural fans parade. We want the other sutff ideas too, but don't come telling me we had enough and that we shouldn't get any more occult content!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    They should have included the ideas from the last poll imo. I want „Arcade Stuff", "Dangerous Stuff", and "Wedding Stuff".

@dearie_blossom I was thinking about that too, its not fair... We wanted most of that stuff, why not recreate the same poll with new ideas + the old ones insted of trying to profit from stuff that should be part of a GP/EP.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm disappointed there's no redo of an Eco option to fix and fill out the terrible off the grid we have at the moment
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Eh, I liked a lot of the ideas in this round of voting. I also liked some of the stuff in the last round of voting that didn't make it.

I do think it is great that we are being polled at all. Also, certain themes may not appeal to me but I wouldn't say they are bad. I just think there are several camps of players wanting different types of gaming experiences.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I liked a lot of the options. I hope either Arts & Crafts or the technology one wins, since they’re the ones i could see myself actually use

But no matter which pack wins, I’m gonna get it
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I too was underwhelmed. I've always wanted to have a blender but not for smoothies. I would like smaller anything but those could just be added. The idea of a portable hologram was interesting but not for a holofriend. Ho-hum.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    The inclusion of the haunted house lot trait *really* bothers me tbh. We already have a haunted lot trait and it's the most useless thing ever. And as has been mentioned Sims dont even experience fear (even though their pets do. Cats and dogs are more human than sims are at this point).
    Instead of suggesting we might pay extra for a haunted house lot trait why not fix the haunted trait we already have? Make it what it should have been. In a patch. For free. Cause I already paid for the pack lot traits were introduced for ;)
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I get that some people will really enjoy this but overall I agree - none of these really appealed to me. For now. Maybe the pack ends up being really sweet. If A&C wins, I hope they at least market it a bit more for elder sims - maybe have cute new hairstyles and clothes for them. Idk, the elders need some love.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Happy Haunts was my second, and science and tech was my third. Fun-tech and Self-Care I forgot which was my fourth and fifth, but how forgettable those ideas were to me because of having those themes already in the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Plot twist : every item that got the most votes ends up in the one pack and its called bits and Bob's stuff 😂
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I did not intend for anyone to take my post as a complaint about the occult players getting new content. My complaint is with how the teams get stuck with a theme/play style and forget there should be something for everyone in new packs. As far as family play or rotational play, EA has made that very difficult to do in Sims4. Those of us who enjoy playing families, have also been waiting for new content. Very little has been added for families this year. But that is not the fault of the occult players, or the players that want more for Sim families to do together. It is the teams' responsibility to put out new content. And since we are discussing the choices we have been given to vote for, and give our personal opinions on why and what we chose to vote for, everyone has the right to express themselves. No where in my post did I express any animosity toward occult players. And don't get me started on what Sims3 had for the family players versus what we have in Sims4. That old Sims3 vs Sims4 comparison has no basis here when we are discussing the content in Sims4.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @Paigeisin5 I totally agree! I mentioned on another thread that TS4 packs have become very siloed and stick to a very hardline theme. So there is either something for occults, something for family, something for other styles, but rarely a little something for everyone.

I feel like TS3 packs had more diverse elements. If I remember correctly, may of the occult styles came with packs that filled out lots of different gameplay aspects and nobody ever had to feel like they were “waiting” very long. It’d be cool if they went back to this crossover model instead of making every pack so laser-focused on one primary theme.

Like a “Get Crafty” pack could include Arts and Crafts aspects, as well as some witchcraft themes.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Paigeisin5 I totally agree! I mentioned on another thread that TS4 packs have become very siloed and stick to a very hardline theme. So there is either something for occults, something for family, something for other styles, but rarely a little something for everyone.

I feel like TS3 packs had more diverse elements. If I remember correctly, may of the occult styles came with packs that filled out lots of different gameplay aspects and nobody ever had to feel like they were “waiting” very long. It’d be cool if they went back to this crossover model instead of making every pack so laser-focused on one primary theme.

Like a “Get Crafty” pack could include Arts and Crafts aspects, as well as some witchcraft themes.

Exactly. Why does every pack need to be targeted for one specific type of player. Where is the cross-pack gameplay EPs have always offered in the past? The club system seems to be the only gameplay feature the teams do bring into every pack. And there are times when that fails to bring every Sim into play and it feels more like I'm herding cats rather than having an actual club gathering where all the Sims behave as they should. In the beginning when game packs became a 'thing', I was happy we had the option to choose what we wanted in the game. But now it seems as if every pack is created for just a few rather than for all of us. Well, the devs brought multitasking into Sims4, but it seems as if they don't know how to multitask while creating new content or new packs. The teams seem to be suffering from a case of tunnel vision these days.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    There is a marketing strategy that goes something like this: “Trying to please everyone will end up pleasing no one.” In the age of social media, we are constantly bombarded with ad messaging and companies know that targeting certain demographics directly will make them more likely to listen.

I get the point, but I don’t think it’s necessarily true, and especially when it comes to game content for such a wide variety of players. When the DU trailers came out, people either loved it or hated it, though a few were neutral. When Maxis creates so much content targeting a few narrow age groups, though, I wonder if they know how many customers they may be alienating.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm disappointed there's no redo of an Eco option to fix and fill out the terrible off the grid we have at the moment

If we had to pay a stuff pack to fix something they added for free in the basegame, players would riot.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Derella wrote: »
    I picked Happy Haunts as my first choice and Arts & Crafts as my second... The rest really don't interest me all that much, and even Arts & Crafts isn't super-exciting to me.

Same. I love/need supernatural things. But I want knitting too!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I personally don't think supernatural players and family players should have ti choose sides. They should always offer stuff that can fit both. And I say that because it seems occult vs real players for the sims is nearly 50/50.
    And as both an occult and realist family player I see where both sides are seriously lacking. And I'm still hoping for a generations expansion.
    I still think they should offer both the arts and craft and paranormal stuff pack. The other options seems like stuff we shouldn't have to pay for like the little telescope and what not.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Occult packs should never come with family play features that are general in nature, such as bunk beds. People who don't like occult at all shouldn't have to do without those features or pay for a pack they don't want to get it. But occult packs should have stuff for all life stages for occult families. A lot of are actually both occult and family players.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I picked the Hobbies pack first because elders need more to do.

But elders can do all the same things other adults can do, so do they need specific hobbies assigned to them just because of their age, being older adults? Adding the hobbies you want to see in the game is great and all, but why assume elders have nothing to do unless we prescribe special "old people" activities for them? What sort of hobbies do you think elders need, specifically for them as a group, that wouldn't also be something all adults might do?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

But elders can do all the same things other adults can do, so do they need specific hobbies assigned to them just because of their age, being older adults? Adding the hobbies you want to see in the game is great and all, but why assume elders have nothing to do unless we prescribe special "old people" activities for them? What sort of hobbies do you think elders need, specifically for them as a group, that wouldn't also be something all adults might do?

Idk but for me a typical elderly person isn't going to the club or hiking through the jungle. I agree that we shouldn't stereotype the elderly, but I don't think it's entirely weird for people to want activities that suit them a little better than juice pong.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    Occult packs should never come with family play features that are general in nature, such as bunk beds. People who don't like occult at all shouldn't have to do without those features or pay for a pack they don't want to get it. But occult packs should have stuff for all life stages for occult families. A lot of are actually both occult and family players.

I completely agree with this.

I'm totally cool with occult stuff being released but I want to be able to choose how much to engage with it or not. I did not like when GTW included aliens, for example. I have absolutely no issue with other players enjoying supernatural play but I don't want it forced on me or others who don't want that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    I voted for Arts and Crafts, I also liked Happy Haunts. For me, sims are already too addicted to electronical devices, I wouldn't want even more of those in my game.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2019
    Only one of the occult options that interested me was the ghost hunter that was a fun career in Sims 3. And out of everything else pottery was the only thing that stood out. But in stead of making us choose, why not give us all these stuff packs or bundle everything together in one or 2 EP's. And throw in Dangerous Stuff & proper Eco Stuff (not laundry) while you are at it

EDIT And thinking about it Vegan (and vegetarian for that matter) is better suited to an aspiration than a trait. It would be a waste of a slot
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member

In my case, elders need more to do because they retire. They have more hours of the day to fill with hobbies, so they're the ones I wish we had more hobbies for. I don't want hobbies just for them, but they are one of the reasons I want more hobbies.