Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Can't get The Sims to install on Windows 10.

Hey all, I recently bought The Sims Deluxe Edition with the CDs. I try to install the first disc but nothing comes up for me... I can't get the installer to run at all. I have tried googling the answer but only find a solution to the problem if you have the game already installed...

Please help me!

Comments

• mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Okay so I installed it, but now I can't open it. Can anyone help me?
    I feel so stupid. I bought this and some expansion packs not knowing they wouldn't work windows 10. :(
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Have you tried to google search the solution? When I googled it I got 3 video tutorials, an EA Help thread, and a Sims forum thread with instructions on how to get it to run. Here's the link the the EA Help https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/The-sims-1-on-Windows-10-please-sticky-this/td-p/5024650
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    Thank you, yeah I did google it. I found a fix but I need to have all the expansion packs. I have all but one, which I have ordered off ebay. When it arrives I will try it again. Hopefully it will work. I really wish EA would release a windows 10 supported version. I would pay for it!
    Rikurii wrote: »
    I really wish EA would release a windows 10 supported version. I would pay for it!

So would I! I think a lot of us would! Last year I re-installed TS2 and that was a bit of a fight to get working as well. It would be nice to have all the games supported but I can see why they don't. Good luck with the install and happy simming when you get there. :)

Update! I managed to get the sims to run on my windows 10 laptop. For those struggling with the same issue I'll share what I did.

You must have the sims base game and all the expansions for this to work. Google the sims windows 10 patch. There should be a youtube video that shows up by SariaFan93. Follow the instructions from this video. The file you need is in the comments. Good luck :)
    Update! I managed to get the sims to run on my windows 10 laptop. For those struggling with the same issue I'll share what I did.

You must have the sims base game and all the expansions for this to work. Google the sims windows 10 patch. There should be a youtube video that shows up by SariaFan93. Follow the instructions from this video. The file you need is in the comments. Good luck :)

I'm so glad you did get this to work! Enjoy your game :)
    Camkat wrote: »

I'm so glad you did get this to work! Enjoy your game :)

Thank you! :smiley:

• GraveDirtGraveDirt Posts: 42 Member
    Thank you so, so much for this solution!
  • AtomictoyrobotAtomictoyrobot Posts: 3 New Member
    How did you actually get the game installed though? every "solution" the people have the game already installed on their machine. Mine wont even install from a manual Setup.exe
    How did you actually get the game installed though? every "solution" the people have the game already installed on their machine. Mine wont even install from a manual Setup.exe

Hi, you need to run the setup in compatibility mode if I remember correctly. Windows 98 was the compatibility mode I used I think. It has been awhile since I did it.

Right-click (or press and hold) the setup file and select Properties from the drop-down menu. Select the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility mode, check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select the appropriate version of Windows from the drop-down list.

This should let you install it but not open it. Once you install base game and all expansions follow the youtube video.

I hope that helps.
  • JenNGorJenNGor Posts: 1 New Member
    I know i got the wrong comment to discuss but the mods i downloaded doesnt pop up I need help. thanks!!!