Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mixology and uni?

I was looking over the Carl’s sims guide and didn’t notice anything giving benefits for the mixology career. I think that’s odd...I remember reading the gurus accounted for all careers...surely there’s some degree that would work towards the mixology career.

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hm, is there anything like a university degree for mixologists in real life? I know there exist skilled bartenders, but many working in bars have a minimum of education. I'd consider that career to be a little less academic than the general Uni stuff, but what would I know...

PS: just noticed that Stylists are benefiting from Uni, so I guess Mixologists should, too.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    I mean, yeah agree it’s not a typically career that would require a degree but there’s a degree for Villainy so not exactly going for realism here. I just think it’s odd that some sort of science degree couldn’t go towards that since in real life making drinks can be quiet scientific. There’s all kinds of fancy shmancy bars that have really interesting mixed drinks that use a lot of chemistry knowledge so I just found it odd that there’s not something to boost that career.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited November 2019
    They probably overlooked it and will fix it in a patch. I'm pretty sure they intended to cover all careers.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My old college got a beer brewing degree, does that count? 🤔
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Good catch. They do have at least one mixology elective, so it’s not like they had completely forgotten about mixology, so that’s weird. Even looking in the Culinary Arts details, mixology doesn’t help towards a scholarship.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    There doesn’t seem to be a major for a Professional Athlete, either. Biology is there for Bodybuilders but I don’t see the other Athletic career branch on Carl’s guide.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited November 2019
    babajayne wrote: »
    There doesn’t seem to be a major for a Professional Athlete, either. Biology is there for Bodybuilders but I don’t see the other Athletic career branch on Carl’s guide.

Ohh... now that is really disappointing. I often do professional athletes but have never done a bodybuilder. Would love to send my athletes to Uni as well :/

I mainly play female sims and like to imagine that they are playing a fun sport but I just haven’t played a female bodybuilder. Hope we will get something for team sport-players as well.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

I read somewhere that afterschool soccer activity will help with Athlete career, and e-sports will help with gaming one.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

I read somewhere that afterschool soccer activity will help with Athlete career, and e-sports will help with gaming one.

That would be great! That is a much better fit for that career-path so I would be very happy if that works.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

Yep. Soccer Team gives level 6, 7, or 8 on the Athletic career, and Esports Team gives level 7 or 8 in the Esports career. I agree that I couldn't think of a uni major that felt like a Mixology fit. But it could be a career followed while attending part-time, maybe. Or build the skill a lot.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2019
    I was looking over the Carl’s sims guide and didn’t notice anything giving benefits for the mixology career. I think that’s odd...I remember reading the gurus accounted for all careers...surely there’s some degree that would work towards the mixology career.

There's a Mixology elective class, but that's it. You could combine with Culinary Arts to get the Cooking level, but it would only give you a boost in the Chef branch. Mixology would still be entry level.

It's also an evening job (like Chef and Criminal at most levels) so is a good one to work while in Uni.
  • cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    According to Carl's cheat guide, there is a trait for a mixology certification and it DOES get you the degree benefits (I think it's on par with a normal not distinguished degree, I haven't checked that yet.) The only thing I'm confused about is how to earn this without cheating - does the mixology elective provide that?
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    I think you get this reward by taking skill classes in mixology. Not sure how many or if this is still possible after mastering the skill.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    I just tested it and my sim started from 0 mixology skill and got about up to level 5 solely through spamming the "take mixology class" phone interaction on the home lot about 6ish times. I don't know if the exact number of times you take the class to get the "degree" changes depending on if you have mixology skill already but at least I can confirm they DID provide a way to get a boost in the mixology career. I'll test a bit more to find out specifics.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    In debug there's a Certificate in Mixology. Not sure how you get it but it's likely from either the Mixology elective or something to do with the Spirit Orgs (they involve juice).
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm really confused because my sim earned a certificate in mixology & I have no idea how. She simply came back from uni one day with it in her inventory. She was studying biology with a vet elective. Has no mixology skill, nor did I send her to any mixology classes.
    Did she get the mixologist certification trait as well? According to the game files you need to take 11 skill classes in mixology (as there's no other way).
    kusurusu wrote: »
    Did she get the mixologist certification trait as well? According to the game files you need to take 11 skill classes in mixology (as there's no other way).

No, but I assumed that was a hidden trait. I don't know if there's a way to check those.
    suwDctC.png
    The only skill classes she took were for veterinary. I wonder if there's a certificate for that, and if that's what she was supposed to receive?
    Oh, wait. I just realized that's probably what you meant; she must have the trait since it appears under her degree panel. Yup. She has the actual certificate and the hidden trait. No mixology classes or skills. I do still have a few mods so it's possibly mod-related.
    edited November 2019
    And you're sure she didn't have the certificate/trait before returning home? Did you control her while at university? Both are officially granted via loot_University_ClassroomShell_SkillClass_BartenderDegree (requiring 11 skill classes) only.

Edit: I think I found the issue. The counter (which has to reach 11) increases every time you take a mixology class OR any classes if you don't have the certification (trait) yet. I hope should they fix it they make it also possible to take classes in that skill after mastering it.
    I'm sure. She didn't live on campus, she lives at home and commutes to school (so it's all rabbithole.) She left, and returned with the certificate. So it's a bug, I guess. Sounds like you're saying that sims will get a mixology certificate no matter what classes they take... Darn. Oh well. I'll probably report it once I test further without mods. Unless somebody else beats me to it.
    edited November 2019
    To the OP: I can confirm that earning a mixology certificate helps with the career. But don't choose the Culinary career, look for a specific career called 'Mixology.' My sim got a nice bonus and started at level 6. I've decided to let her be a mixologist at night and a vet during the day.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    My sim just got one after she sat in on dancing class.
  • AnthalyaAnthalya Posts: 2 New Member
    > @cutecabaret said:
    > I just tested it and my sim started from 0 mixology skill and got about up to level 5 solely through spamming the "take mixology class" phone interaction on the home lot about 6ish times. I don't know if the exact number of times you take the class to get the "degree" changes depending on if you have mixology skill already but at least I can confirm they DID provide a way to get a boost in the mixology career. I'll test a bit more to find out specifics.

I actually got it randomly one day as well. After taking a few elective classes and then charisma class and it just appeared...