Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[ ♦ ] Basegames: The Sims 4 (2022) and The Sims 1/2/3

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

Since 2014 The Sims 4 brought back many things but some things are still missing

Below the list from the previous basegames :
  • |TS1/TS2 Basegame| NPC: Social worker
  • |TS1/TS2 Basegame| NPC: Repo-man -- EP08 Discover University & June 3, 2020 Patch
  • |TS1/TS2 Basegame| Object: Pinball
  • |TS1/TS2 Basegame| Object: Burglar alarm
  • |TS1/TS2/TS3 Basegame| Build Mode: Pond Tool -- July 20, 2021 Patch
  • |TS1/TS2/TS3 Basegame| Object: Trash compactor -- EP10 Eco Lifestyle
  • |TS1/TS2/TS3 Basegame| Object: Food processor
  • |TS1/TS2/TS3 Basegame| NPC: Police officer
  • |TS1/TS2/TS3 Basegame| NPC: Burglar
  • |TS1/TS2/TS3 Basegame| NPC: Firefighter -- June 3, 2020 Patch
  • |TS2 Basegame| Object: Lounge chair -- June 18, 2019 Patch
  • |TS2 Basegame| Object: Toilet stall -- EP08 Discover University
  • |TS2 Basegame| Object: Mini golf
  • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Private School
  • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Noogie (Teen to child)
  • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Cops and Robbers (Child to child)
  • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Red Hands
  • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Mary Mack (Child to child)
  • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Tag (Child to child)
  • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Jumping on bed or sofa
  • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Pillow fighting -- EP12 High School Years
  • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors
  • |TS2 Basegame| Build Mode: Stilt Foundations -- June 18, 2019 Patch
  • |TS2/TS3 Basegame| Gameplay: Tossing ball/Playing catch -- EP12 High School Years
  • |TS2 Driveway & Garage Set/TS3 Basegame| Gameplay: Cars
  • |TS3 Basegame| Venue: Graveyard
  • |TS3 Basegame| Venue: Beach -- June 18, 2019 Patch but only available in Sulani (EP07 Island Living)
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.12| CAS: Players can set the Fiancé and Girlfriend/Boyfriend relationships in Create-A-Sim -- Feb. 15, 2022 Patch
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.17| CAS: Astrological Sign
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.17| Build Mode: Platform Tool (usable on all floors) -- Nov. 10, 2020 Patch
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.17| Build Mode: Rounded corners of swimming pool
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.17| Object: Urinal
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.22| Gameplay: Romantic Reputation
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.22| CAS: Body hair can be applied on male Sims, from head to toe! -- July 26, 2022 Patch
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.31| CAS: When a Service NPC joins the family, their special service outfit is added to the wardrobe. -- All the NPC career outfits are unlocked in CAS now.
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.42| Gameplay: Attraction System
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.42| Gameplay: Sims can swim in the ocean. -- EP07 Island Living
  • |TS3 Game Update 1.55| Worldmap: Lots partially placed on water. -- EP07 Island Living
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Oddly enough, the thing I miss the most is the ability of kids to play tag and catch (which I think you have classified as "tossing ball"?) but then I think that kids have always been woefully neglected when it comes to "kid to kid" interactions. TS2 did it best imo. :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited April 2019
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I was expecting to get a pool table with the "Get Together" pub themed objects.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited April 2019
    I doubt were going to get a lot of things back as Grant already mentioned how much of a nightmare it was to play test tag alone.

(Reference:https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/1111340664510283776).

It would blow my mind of they brought back half if not most of your lost OP but I'm sorry for being negative I just don't see it happening 😟
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I doubt were going to get a lot of things back as Grant already mentioned how much of a nightmare it was to play test tag alone.

It would blow my mind of they brought back half if not most of your lost OP but I'm sorry for being negative I just don't see it happening 😟

Wow. That sounds like a cop out. Embarrassing. We have the water balloon, snowball fight and mud fight, so playing tag would seem like it would use the same mechanisms but...

I remember when Drake said on the forums (back when she was the CM) that we should not expect to see items from one game in another game just because we once had them. Said they’re wanting to focus on “new experiences” and that if they put everything from a prior game into the new Base Game, the file would be way too large.
    edited May 2019
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Actually even TS1 have pond tools.

But what I missed the most about the previous three games is CARPOOLS
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    We should get a pool table
    a256aFi.gif
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I regret The Sims 4 didn't bring as much kid games as The Sims 2 yet.

All that needed to be said.

raw
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

A "nightmare to play test tag"? Isn't that what they get paid for?

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited May 2019

A "nightmare to play test tag"? Isn't that what they get paid for?

You'd think so. I mean if you're passionate about what you do in your career things like that shouldn't bother you, you know? But who am I to say that I'm just a player 🤷
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    What new experiences, other than Selvadorian jungles and that half-baked, poorly thought out and worse executed 'mystery' in Strangerville?

If I was passionate about my career, that 'nightmare' would really be a challenge, an opportunity to come up with something the players will like and actually works properly. Then, I'm an old codger from New England that wrote detailed quests on the old Aurora engine for NWN, not a fresh young buck in California.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I didn't play ts1, 2, or 3, yet I really, really want all of these. Especially Astrological signs and the three other relationships.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Question - how many people with kids have pool tables, go play pin ball, play yard games with the kids, etc, etc now a days compared to 15-20 years ago? The game actually reflects changes humanity made and really shouldn't include old fashioned ways as hey no one really does a lot of that stuff any more like we had when we were kids.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited November 2019
    @Writin_Reg

You're right.
    You remind me I forgot to list the newspaper and the NPC paperboy for the Off-the-grid lot.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Question - how many people with kids have pool tables, go play pin ball, play yard games with the kids, etc, etc now a days compared to 15-20 years ago? The game actually reflects changes humanity made and really shouldn't include old fashioned ways as hey no one really does a lot of that stuff any more like we had when we were kids.
    Just because some people are busy playing on their phones instead of playing outdoors spending time with their children does not mean these things are still not happening every day. This year alone I can say I did all those things on your list that people "don't do now" besides have a pool table but played with one at a bowling alley with the kids. Also not everyone wants to play only a modern world there are generational players who have no way to play out the stories they want because a forced modern game maybe people want to play a story in the 1980s or into the future. Why are we attempting to set limits on a sandbox game?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Just because some people are busy playing on their phones instead of playing outdoors spending time with their children does not mean these things are still not happening every day. This year alone I can say I did all those things on your list that people "don't do now" besides have a pool table but played with one at a bowling alley with the kids. Also not everyone wants to play only a modern world there are generational players who have no way to play out the stories they want because a forced modern game maybe people want to play a story in the 1980s or into the future. Why are we attempting to set limits on a sandbox game?
    I had a nice time learning to play pool with my uncle. Plus with all the bars the Sims 4 has, can't find a bar without a pool table these days. XD

Also I love lists. Nice list. A few things I miss are bed interactions like Sims cuddling in bed and dreaming. Goosing was nice too. I do love cut scenes too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Grant's tweet is a right mess.

"As someone who worked on marco polo in Sims 2 and tag later...it is *such* a pain to implement. Ugh I'm getting nightmares testing it."

Okay? So get someone competent on the team who CAN implement these things.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2019
    The point is, it's a game. I love reading and I love playing Sims. But watching my sims read or play games is a bore. So, my sims do totally different things than I do irl, because it's fun to watch and play. My son spends a lot of his time gaming, but if he were under my control as a sim, he wouldn't. He'd go fishing or scuba diving or painting or play football. In real life he's not interested in any of those things but who cares. My sim teens are :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Yes, the same way adults go raiding a giant evil plant during the apocalypse, right?

The idea kids just sit in all day on their phones is a big exaggeration. In reality, kids largely do the same activities that they've always done, except, now technology encompasses a portion of their day, the same way kids in the 60's started sitting in front of the television for hours at night. I really don't think the lack of these interactions is a design choice, but due to the time/effort it'd take to add more complex objects and animations. Just look at snowball fights in this game; they couldn't even get them to face one another as they throw snowballs at each other. They don't even face each other while dancing.

That aside, regardless, this is a game. Nobody wants to watch pixel people play on their phones; that's not engaging. If they implement "old fashioned" things (such as a newspaper or actual cash register instead of a dumb tablet), it'd not only provide more content to play with, but also create a unique identity for the series, the same way you have series such as Animal Crossing add technology (such as phones in their latest iteration), but also traditional stuff like fishing, catching bugs, etc. that people come to expect from the series.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

One of the reasons I loved The Sims was because I could play my imagination. There was a bear rug, medieval furniture, some sword decor, etc. in basegame. And the 'CAS' Sims had a lot of medieval outfits and heads. I didn't have to play modern day like we have to play now. That's only one reason I love sandbox, because The Sims didn't limit my mind to play their way, but my way. The Motto used to be 'Challenge Everything' :) .

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Hmmm, we do? I mean, we don't have a pool table (we go out to play pool) but the entire time my kids were growing up, we had all sorts of activities. Pinball, miniature golf, bowling, swimming, kayaking, skiing, sledding, movies, organized sports, organized music, unorganized music etc. etc. etc. Yes, the kids use their phones and play video games, but honestly, they're all more active than I was when I was a teen. In some ways, technology gives them more time to do other things. Like study groups -- it takes much less time to Skype your group than it does planning meeting in person.

And I don't think I was a exceptionally involved parent -- most parents I know were if anything more involved with their kids activities.