Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University bugs/glitches/issues

Disclaimer: This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of said problems, just a couple of things I've noticed that annoyed me the most in terms of gameplay oversites and/or bugs.

First, if you switch campus housing between semesters the game does not add your player to the new "family" for said housing. For my first semester i moved into one of the dorms, which were neat and all but I decided I'd rather live in a frat house type environment for the second semester. So I placed a custom house on one of the lots and moved into it. When I moved out of the dorms it made me take my sim out of the dorm "family" but it never added me to the new houses "family" so when I got to the new house my sim was alone. The game definitely allocated sims to live in the new house, just not as roomates and I couldn't tell who was meant to be there and who was not. Because of this I just locked all the exterior doors for all sims but mine and I quickly figured out which sims were meant to be there and which sims were just wandering around. I eventually unlocked the doors for those specific sims and assigned them their beds and computers (a nice touch btw) but they didn't count as actual roommates as defined by the game. To fix this I decided to not enroll for my sims final semester, move back to his home then enroll for the final semester and move back into campus housing but... this brings me to my next issue.

When moving back into your home after finishing at the university, aside from having to rebuy your house, all the furniture will be gone and the house will be unfurnishable. I'm not sure if that's true for everybody but I know my penthouse in San Myshuno was empty and I couldn't buy it furnished when I moved back in. Super lame. Luckily I have that lot saved so I'll just replace it in the world editor, but if I didn't... There needs to be a way to designate a house/location as your original home when leaving for the university so that when you get back everything is as it should be. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably because I didn't check "sell all furniture" when I moved out so that's probably my fault. Still, you shouldn't have to sell your house to go to the university. Especially since the game might put in a townie while you're away. Then you, or at least I would, have to introduce said townie/s to the Grim Reaper in order to vacate the house. Sure I could move them out with manage household but, nah, they'd have to die.

Lastly, and this is more of a personal preference, why can campus housing not have stoves? When I was in college the school had campus apartments and they ALL had stoves. We also had family housing, which were basically small townhomes and condos, all of which also had stoves. There were also grills somewhere near every building. The only housing that didn't have stoves were the dorms, and I guess that's why it's made the way it is buuuut why not just differentiate between dorms and apartments?

Comments

• heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    Since buying DU all my harvestables/collectibles have been disappearing from my inventory :( I haven't even gotten to use the actual DLC yet but I load up the game, see 30+ hours of work gone out of all my households, and all my desire to play vanishes lmao :/
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Well I found out I can't pack up and switch houses it keeps going to packing up over and over again and I can't save or nothing.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Well I found out I can't pack up and switch houses it keeps going to packing up over and over again and I can't save or nothing.

I had to go to main menu and lost all my progress like wtplum really!?!?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Wait, are you saying this is happening to Sims while attending Uni, or is this happening to all your Sims? I know the patch notes stated Sims no longer are allowed to add random items to their inventories without our knowledge, but from what you stated, now random items are disappearing from their inventories? This is not good. I have many Sims collecting right now, and a few are very close to completing a couple collections. The new storage chests in DU might be the reason for this happening, or the team that fixed the bug with inventories made a mistake somewhere. But I see you're saying this is happening with all your households so this is just one more reason for me to hold back on buying DU. Dang it, I had just decided to buy it but with all random problems popping up, I will wait. The problem with having to sell a Sim's home lot when going to DU had me rethinking the idea of buying it, but with the inventories glitched again I know I won't buy this pack anytime soon. I am so disappointed. :/
  • Quess_is_BakedQuess_is_Baked Posts: 129 Member
    Since buying DU all my harvestables/collectibles have been disappearing from my inventory :( I haven't even gotten to use the actual DLC yet but I load up the game, see 30+ hours of work gone out of all my households, and all my desire to play vanishes lmao :/
    That's harsh. I'm sorry to hear that. Not sure why that may be the case though, my sim kept everything in his inventory. Might be a mod that causes that tho, assuming you use them. I had to update a few and aside from my usual culprits, one or two that I wouldn't have expected.
    Do you use any mods? When I first loaded up the game before I updated my mods I couldn't even load my sim at all. I would click on the household and hit play and the game would "load" but it never got into the world and it would take me right back to the world management screen.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    One glitch I had was if you send 2 sims to uni when they graduate only 1 seems to get a diploma and for some reason when you move out the same sims grad photo disappears.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Disclaimer: This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of said problems, just a couple of things I've noticed that annoyed me the most in terms of gameplay oversites and/or bugs.

First, if you switch campus housing between semesters the game does not add your player to the new "family" for said housing. For my first semester i moved into one of the dorms, which were neat and all but I decided I'd rather live in a frat house type environment for the second semester. So I placed a custom house on one of the lots and moved into it. When I moved out of the dorms it made me take my sim out of the dorm "family" but it never added me to the new houses "family" so when I got to the new house my sim was alone. The game definitely allocated sims to live in the new house, just not as roomates and I couldn't tell who was meant to be there and who was not. Because of this I just locked all the exterior doors for all sims but mine and I quickly figured out which sims were meant to be there and which sims were just wandering around. I eventually unlocked the doors for those specific sims and assigned them their beds and computers (a nice touch btw) but they didn't count as actual roommates as defined by the game. To fix this I decided to not enroll for my sims final semester, move back to his home then enroll for the final semester and move back into campus housing but... this brings me to my next issue.

When moving back into your home after finishing at the university, aside from having to rebuy your house, all the furniture will be gone and the house will be unfurnishable. I'm not sure if that's true for everybody but I know my penthouse in San Myshuno was empty and I couldn't buy it furnished when I moved back in. Super lame. Luckily I have that lot saved so I'll just replace it in the world editor, but if I didn't... There needs to be a way to designate a house/location as your original home when leaving for the university so that when you get back everything is as it should be. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably because I didn't check "sell all furniture" when I moved out so that's probably my fault. Still, you shouldn't have to sell your house to go to the university. Especially since the game might put in a townie while you're away. Then you, or at least I would, have to introduce said townie/s to the Grim Reaper in order to vacate the house. Sure I could move them out with manage household but, nah, they'd have to die.

Lastly, and this is more of a personal preference, why can campus housing not have stoves? When I was in college the school had campus apartments and they ALL had stoves. We also had family housing, which were basically small townhomes and condos, all of which also had stoves. There were also grills somewhere near every building. The only housing that didn't have stoves were the dorms, and I guess that's why it's made the way it is buuuut why not just differentiate between dorms and apartments?

The second one concerns me. The furniture should remain.

Make sure you mention this in the link.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    > @Quess_is_Baked said:
    > (Quote)
    > That's harsh. I'm sorry to hear that. Not sure why that may be the case though, my sim kept everything in his inventory. Might be a mod that causes that tho, assuming you use them. I had to update a few and aside from my usual culprits, one or two that I wouldn't have expected.(Quote)
    > Do you use any mods? When I first loaded up the game before I updated my mods I couldn't even load my sim at all. I would click on the household and hit play and the game would "load" but it never got into the world and it would take me right back to the world management screen.

I do use mods, but a clean repair without any CC replicated the problem. It seems to be linked to DU, since I wasn't having this problem in the short span of time between the patch and the xpack.
  • adriabelloadriabello Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having some issues with my ICYA chests in my one save. This particular save was originally a household of two parents and the target sim that I planned on sending to Britechester.
    So, in order to work around the "no stoves in uni" thing, I've had the target sim's parents (who have the Fresh Chef reward trait) mass-cook meals and place them in the ICYA chest, along with any other items I want my target sim to bring with her to uni. When loading up the chest, any household sim was able to remove/add objects via dragging. Before enrolling in uni, I placed the ICYA chest into my sim's inventory and sent her off to the dorms.
    When I placed my ICYA chest into the dorms (I used University Housing for my first term), I was unable to remove any of the items placed in there (there were over 50 group-meals, a laptop, sketchpad, etc.) by dragging, only by placing them in the world. Once placed in the world, I was unable to drag the items because the game said that the item "did not belong to" my sim. After placing my sim's laptop and sketchpad, I realized I would be unable to place these items back into the chest and that they would be left behind in the dorm.
    I made it work for the duration of my sim's ENTIRE degree, as annoying as it was. When I finished uni, I moved her back in with her family at their original family home. Not one of the sims was able to drag objects out of the chest, and once objects were dragged IN, they simply merged with the existing objects and were also un-draggable.
    As of now, I am just letting my items sit in the chest and just have to tediously pack servings of group meals into sack lunches for my sim to travel with just so I don't waste the food. I purchased another laptop, a camera, sketchpad... basically all sorts of things that I now can't really use. I have ran into this problem with and without mods. However, during my first play through of the pack, I played with a single sim without any other household members and did not experience this issue.
    Anyone else experience anything similar?
    adriabello wrote: »
    I've been having some issues with my ICYA chests in my one save. This particular save was originally a household of two parents and the target sim that I planned on sending to Britechester.
    So, in order to work around the "no stoves in uni" thing, I've had the target sim's parents (who have the Fresh Chef reward trait) mass-cook meals and place them in the ICYA chest, along with any other items I want my target sim to bring with her to uni. When loading up the chest, any household sim was able to remove/add objects via dragging. Before enrolling in uni, I placed the ICYA chest into my sim's inventory and sent her off to the dorms.
    When I placed my ICYA chest into the dorms (I used University Housing for my first term), I was unable to remove any of the items placed in there (there were over 50 group-meals, a laptop, sketchpad, etc.) by dragging, only by placing them in the world. Once placed in the world, I was unable to drag the items because the game said that the item "did not belong to" my sim. After placing my sim's laptop and sketchpad, I realized I would be unable to place these items back into the chest and that they would be left behind in the dorm.
    I made it work for the duration of my sim's ENTIRE degree, as annoying as it was. When I finished uni, I moved her back in with her family at their original family home. Not one of the sims was able to drag objects out of the chest, and once objects were dragged IN, they simply merged with the existing objects and were also un-draggable.
    As of now, I am just letting my items sit in the chest and just have to tediously pack servings of group meals into sack lunches for my sim to travel with just so I don't waste the food. I purchased another laptop, a camera, sketchpad... basically all sorts of things that I now can't really use. I have ran into this problem with and without mods. However, during my first play through of the pack, I played with a single sim without any other household members and did not experience this issue.
    Anyone else experience anything similar?

Please report this to the bug link thead I posted above. That's disappointing you can't drag your stuff out of these chest.
    That's harsh. I'm sorry to hear that. Not sure why that may be the case though, my sim kept everything in his inventory. Might be a mod that causes that tho, assuming you use them. I had to update a few and aside from my usual culprits, one or two that I wouldn't have expected.
    Do you use any mods? When I first loaded up the game before I updated my mods I couldn't even load my sim at all. I would click on the household and hit play and the game would "load" but it never got into the world and it would take me right back to the world management screen.

Nope no mods my Sims ended his term and I wanted to switch dorms to see the other room mates nope it kept saying packing up with that timer over and over even when it ran out I couldn't move out or save so I lost all my progress.
  • AmSay8DAmSay8D Posts: 36 Member
    Is anyone else having an issue where your sims aren’t moving? The animations just don’t work. All sims are standing and incapable of doing anything.

No mods or cc, but since I downloaded university this is happening. I’m actually quite peeved. This thing costs 60 bucks canadian.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Not sent anyone to university yet but have noticed my sims cannot write books on a computer nor can arrange every flower arrangement available.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Apparently you can't use the toilets in the Dorm at Foxbury if someone else is in there. My sim won't use any of the vacant toilets because someone is in the shower and she is getting the can't unsee moodlet.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • kitten76kitten76 Posts: 19 Member
    Hey everyone. I am also having an issue since I installed University.

I've been playing this game all weekend without an issue (with University installed), yet all of the sudden I get a "game failed to load" error, that asks me to relaunch the game (though that doesn't do anything). I tried looking for a solution, with older forum posts, but nothing's worked. I removed my mods, I repaired the game. Deleted potentially problematic files with a guide... nothing.

In game, I have recovered the specific file to a previous save, and it works great; until a specific point. One random day, my sims actions will cancel without me cancelling them, and then when I try to reload the game, I get the error message. I'm assuming this is a University problem, since this has never happened to me until this weekend after downloading it.

Any help would be v appreciated :'(
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    keWM6iG.jpg For some reason, my Foxbury dorms and lots have this orange triangle over them. l also notice that when l was playing in Foxbury, l clicked on the dorm to play with my sim, but it kept taking me back to the world map with an error code: 102.20ece5dd:2d42e9e1. Is this happening to anyone else and if so, how in the world do l fix it? I was kinda forced to go to UBrite because the dorms werent working (yes, l could have lived off campus, but l wanted to live on campus and get the whole experience).
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Toddler motives are decaying really fast since DU (or the pre EP patch).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2019
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Toddler motives are decaying really fast since DU (or the pre EP patch).

It is indeed due to the patch, and it appears that at least, mermaids and spellcasters are also exepriencing that faster decay.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Sims I’m not playing as have no autonomy at all. I have two sims in my household and I’m mainly playin as one but when I don’t control the 2nd he just stands there’s and his needs are falling😤😤
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

If you don't check 'sell all furniture' then you sold the house empty and all it's furniture should be in your household inventory when you move either back in there or into another house. You can't buy that house furnished because it's no longer furnished. At least that's how it usually works, so worth checking.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

The second one concerns me. The furniture should remain.

Make sure you mention this in the link.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    The furniture stays my sim moved on campus from San Myshuno I went back and it was still in the apartment.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • slewis971slewis971 Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim has graduated and moved out, instead of going back in with her mum & brother. I moved her into her dads but now the lot won’t load in live mode but is fine in build mode. If I move her back out and Ollie the lot of just her dad it loads fine. When she moved out of uni, the brother was at her house at UBrite visiting and has stayed there, so that household won’t load either as one sim is in Britechester, 1 in the house at oasis springs. The lot that the brother is stuck in has now also a yellow triangle above it.
    Trying to load any lot or household I have her placed in always brings me back to the map saying to relaunch the whole game. The only common link between it all is DU and I’ve never had this issue before.
    So I got this girl through uni and now I can’t play her. I also can’t play her teen brother as he’s stuck in Britechester.
    Incredibly irritating.
  • kitten76kitten76 Posts: 19 Member
    slewis971 wrote: »
    My sim has graduated and moved out, instead of going back in with her mum & brother. I moved her into her dads but now the lot won’t load in live mode but is fine in build mode. If I move her back out and Ollie the lot of just her dad it loads fine. When she moved out of uni, the brother was at her house at UBrite visiting and has stayed there, so that household won’t load either as one sim is in Britechester, 1 in the house at oasis springs. The lot that the brother is stuck in has now also a yellow triangle above it.
    Trying to load any lot or household I have her placed in always brings me back to the map saying to relaunch the whole game. The only common link between it all is DU and I’ve never had this issue before.
    So I got this girl through uni and now I can’t play her. I also can’t play her teen brother as he’s stuck in Britechester.
    Incredibly irritating.

I'm having trouble loading game files too. Can't play sims that have graduated already and are living in Britechester. Hope they fix this soon...it's game-breaking stuff :'(
  • crazygrl32084crazygrl32084 Posts: 114 Member
    kitten76 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I am also having an issue since I installed University.

I've been playing this game all weekend without an issue (with University installed), yet all of the sudden I get a "game failed to load" error, that asks me to relaunch the game (though that doesn't do anything). I tried looking for a solution, with older forum posts, but nothing's worked. I removed my mods, I repaired the game. Deleted potentially problematic files with a guide... nothing.

In game, I have recovered the specific file to a previous save, and it works great; until a specific point. One random day, my sims actions will cancel without me cancelling them, and then when I try to reload the game, I get the error message. I'm assuming this is a University problem, since this has never happened to me until this weekend after downloading it.

Any help would be v appreciated :'(

Mine is doing the same thing. I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing this weekend and now I cant play the household at all. super peeved
    we're all mad here...
    edited November 2019
    Add bikes going invisible and sims as well when their riding them. All you see is the plumbob and some times not even that.

Also sometimes the light on bicycles wont work at night. Both these issues happened in Brendleton Bay.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top