Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discovery! Living at home in Uni.

So, for any, like me, who were struggling to get to class on time in the dorms, trying to keep classes straight and such...living at home and commuting makes that much easier. Its a rabbit hole, so you don't get the whole college experience, but your sims go to class just like they do for their regular jobs. Hope this helps someone besides just me! I'll mostly still put my sims on campus because I love the pack, but its nice to know that my family sims with kiddos at home can do college and juggle it quite well.
Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.

Comments

• DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I can see myself doing this on subsequent playthroughs of the pack, once the dorm-life stuff gets old.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My goal is for my Sim to finish college without a single social interaction (other than going into the rabbit holes for class and tutoring). He's living off campus and feeds his social need by talking to his carrot plant.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    If I'm playing a single Sim then I'll have them stay on campus, but if they're part of a larger household like in my legacy save l may consider keeping them at home so I can control the rest of the family at the same time.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    This is the route I figured I would have to go for most of my Sims. I didn't want to give up control of the family, especially if there are younger Sims (and I'm not interested in rotational play in this iteration).

That's a really good point about making it to class on time. Living at home definitely is a better solution for me to alleviate the frustrations that I'm seeing with this pack!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes, I think this is what I will end up doing in all of my save files once the hype of the dorm life will subside. Taking into consideration that I often play with large families, I would like the whole family to move on in life together, so this type of gameplay will suit me more in the long run. I really love the way the dorms feel, though, they did an amazing job with this pack.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I'm still a bit confuzzled about lodging. Because I play rotationally, it would not work if they stay at home, because I probably still can't switch to other houses without risking them to fail at Uni. And, I don't want to play just that one family for as long as it takes to get to final exams, with aging several years and such.

So, I might let them stay at home if they are students I care less about - then I will still rotate and if they fail it would just add to their story. It's natural that some students fail, anyway.

My main group of students will probably stay on campus, but gathered in a residential lodging (don't think it can be categorized as a dorm but I'll find out eventually). I'll accept max 4 locals to join the group per year, as long as there are available beds. By using a residential lot the students can attend both universities even if they share house. I will try to play one term at the tme, hopefully they all will start their term on the same day, otherwise I'll be in trouble. I think it's the only way for me to allow several of my locals to University at the same time, and still rotate.

Good point though that they won't miss classes as easily from home. I never thought of that. When I get to test my routines, I might have some study from home after all.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • JAYSIMMS2004JAYSIMMS2004 Posts: 31 Member
    I like the fact that they added the option to stay home and still attend university. Makes it a whole lot easier especially for families with children. I'll try the dorms when my kids age up.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I like dorms when I'm feeling murderous. Living at home is much more convenient for legacy sims though. I can't see my self using the live off campus student housing as I think the restriction on ovens is absolutely ridiculous.