Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they will make the hospital more functional in the future?

I thought that only doctors were able to teleport to Willow Creek Hospital (not including Sims in labor). One of my Sims was shown to be at the hospital and she is not a doctor. You are even able to work the front desk there, although it does absolutely nothing and no patients come.

Is there a way to travel to the hospital on the fly? Will they make the hospital more accessible along with more features? What are your thoughts?

Comments

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I hope so. I hope they introduce more injuries. Also, plastic surgery could be performed in a back room that can be added on. I really liked it myself. I mainly enjoyed the doctor career after I remade the hospital the way I wanted it. I could get to patients better that way.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Once they create something, they rarely ever backup and add to or improve that thing. Fairies will forever be a shiny light familiar. That's why they gave us the fairy wand, thinking that with it, magic spells and the fairy costume, we should be satisfied.

When Cats and Dogs dropped, I suggested multiple times, that they could create a "Doc In A Box" clinic pack that worked similar to the vet. Instead of a huge hospital, there would be a clinic where sims could go to be cured. You could be a patient or be a doctor. But that would require having two doctor careers in the game which they won't do and it might lead to players playing as a doctor at the hidden hospital even less than they already do,

So, to answer your question: No, not in this version.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I hope so. I hope they introduce more injuries. Also, plastic surgery could be performed in a back room that can be added on. I really liked it myself. I mainly enjoyed the doctor career after I remade the hospital the way I wanted it. I could get to patients better that way.

How do you edit the hospital? Where is it? How do you access it on demand?

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I hope we can take our sick Sims to the hospital to get checked out like we do pets and if the Sims needs to take a couple days from work and school.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes!

At the moment we have great gameplay if you want to be the doctor and nothing if you want to visit the doctor. It feels very unbalanced and it is irritating because I seldom play the doctor because pretty much all my sims get sick at some point. Wish I could get something that suits my regular sickly-sims.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Yes!

At the moment we have great gameplay if you want to be the doctor and nothing if you want to visit the doctor. It feels very unbalanced and it is irritating because I seldom play the doctor because pretty much all my sims get sick at some point. Wish I could get something that suits my regular sickly-sims.

I also wish that the Sims that appear at the hospital actually have life effecting changes post visit. One of the Sims that I created had a baby in the hospital. Although it's an unplayed/unfavorited household, I had hoped that the baby would be added to the household roster and that I would have to figure out who the dad was lol.

I'm sure it's by design as some players may not necessarily want their sims affected but it should at LEAST be a toggled option.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    I want to be able to use the hospital equipment in a house, rather than them being only functional at the hospital. Wake up, have breakfast and give the family x-rays.
  • justlexijustlexi Posts: 57 Member
    There are so many things that I look forward to including more injuries than the usual and if possible plastic surgery I guess adding these in the hospital feature will make the establishment more functional.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes for now it's just Willow Creek Birth-Facility. Maybe if your sim get's injured somehow they would have to go to the doctors to get surgery. And just regular check ups would be cool. I don't know, but I also just hope that they do more with the hospital.
    Proud simmer
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I’d like for the hospital to be accessible even if you don’t work there, like vet clinics.
    Also i’d like GP practices and be able to take my sick sims to the doctor or the hospital. They could Introduce broken legs/arms and crutches.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I doubt it they never go back and add to old expansions unless you count My First Pet which came out shortly after Cats and Dogs with its missing content.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Nope.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited November 2019
    Maybe, because currently, there's a Mod by KawaiiStacie (Llama News). So, it won't be impossible if they would implement it in TS4 too. Perhaps, we'll get the Theme Hospital TS4 version. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I made a hospital/mall retail place. A lot of people have made some good hospital rooms and things on the gallery. I too wish our sims could go to the hospital for their sicknesses. I loved Get To Work. In fact, I think it was my favorite expansion, at least as far as jobs and careers go. I thought all of the careers and work places were so well thought out. I was hoping we would see many more careers like those. But, so many people complained about them, they weren’t sandbox enough for them. So now all the careers are watered down. I was hoping the Military career would be like get to work, with a military base. And was disappointed in the Politician career not having a government building work place. I do wish they would put a few more careers out like the 3 from Get To Work. But hopefully the work places wouldn’t be hidden, and our sims ( that aren’t working )could at least enter them.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I wish they knew how to upgrade expansion packs like the base. Oh well.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Health related Game Pack!
  • simsgames2324simsgames2324 Posts: 20 Member
    I hope so