Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

!!! Big Family trees !!!

Show me your biggest family tree you have ( or your family trees in general )!!!!! It's just really satisfying to watch massive family trees and just seeing how much progress someone has made with a family , dont you agree? If we have multiple trees I will share mine also soon!!! :D:D:D:D
Hp85Jmm.gif

Comments

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Just look at my siggy, this is just a little part of the family tree. Nearly all 3. generation Sims have families on their own! And the brothers and sisters of both fathers of generation 2 aren´t depicted either. There is now way to show the complete family tree, it´s just not possible. :D
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited November 2019
    My biggest family tree is massive. It'll take me days to provide pictures that cover all of it. I just counted roughly 80 sims without adding any of their partners. They are the two founding sims plus their descendants.

EDIT: Some time ago I had a go at making a thread about them just to try to keep track of their family tree.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916663/patience#latest

Since I posted this info there have been several babies born to various members of the extended family.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't have any really big ones since I haven't played a family beyond a handful of generations since I moved back to Australia a few years back. Some of my earlier families went in excess of 15 generations but I probably didn't bother keeping family trees for them. This is one from last year.
    42901111102_1baf107966_o.png
    42048630385_b3fd5fbcf0_o.png
    42231712684_a9f282ccf5_o.png
    42048629885_3786287f26_o.png
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    elQVZbY.png
    This is the first family I have that is at more than 2 sims. My founding sim's daughter can't seem to stay in a relationship/marriage very long, so I've moved her back into the household. I can't help myself! I have to keep track of them all somehow with access to the stuff that I want them to have! :/ In case it's not obvious, I have control of 8 sims at the moment and they have 2 houses now so I can keep them all in the same household.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited November 2019
    FamilyTree_All_Branches_08-03-2019.png
    From the Selfacy (i’m sure most simmers know that its a Simself Legacy - a great little Walter Mitty adventure);

Yeah, decided to edit the whole EA family tree and add on all the branches. It’s not a tree, it’s more like a bramble bush.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    This is the family tree from my generational game, showing only all the ancestors (leaving out their siblings) of the fourth generation heir Marcel, who is currently a baby.

915k5UE.png

This was photoshopped from two family trees only, but making a family tree in the other direction - starting from the founders and showing all their descendants - would be a much more daunting task.

(Marcel's mother's side of the family has one generation less because she is the child of two festival vendors who were generated a little later in game).
  • cocococo Posts: 2,723 Member
    There are some nice trees in this thread, I hope you can upload yours too OP :smile:

I can't take any good pictures of mine anymore because it's simply too big and tangled.

I found that I had uploaded a text version of mine a year ago and not much has changed since then :open_mouth:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ank5HJlkaN6Nk2BgHASixBHygeJN
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited November 2019
    @coco That is an amazing family tree! Took me awhile to find Saville...lol

I enjoyed seeing the others as well.

When I have time I'll have to see if I can do one with the Ballan family all on one page. It is just getting ready to go to third gen in the main family.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,723 Member
    Thanks @bekkasan. There's a few repeats so it probably looks bigger than it actually is :lol:

I would love to see one for your Ballan family!
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Another family tree for my Gant family - this one starts with the founders and goes downwards, but I had to break it in four parts, one for each second generation descendant.

Clark and Odessa had three children together: Alan, Neville and Amelia. Amelia, the youngest, was the heiress and the active family is part of her bloodline. Odetta was Odessa's clone - that is why she has no father listed.

iC6XZre.png

PuKY5SG.png

2iatTiZ.png

vOcsuqF.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    IVXXXVI wrote: »
    Show me your biggest family tree you have ( or your family trees in general )!!!!! It's just really satisfying to watch massive family trees and just seeing how much progress someone has made with a family , dont you agree? If we have multiple trees I will share mine also soon!!! :D:D:D:D

I would but lately I go for a week without playing, then start over. I really have to stop that.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Here is my vampire family tree.

https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/5d989ae57974e00007339bbf

The patriarch of this large family had most of his children with random townies until he finally met his true love who happens to be a spellcaster. The last two are theirs. I only include the descendants who inherited his vampire genes and there are empty spaces for children to age up.
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I have an ongoing one in my sig. :)
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    yngwy3iwyamd.jpg
    Glover-Wozny family tree (two childen have partners that are not in the picture)
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited December 2019
    As I'm playing on epic timescale and with half the town, things are moving very slowly in my game. This means that the family tree is wide, but rather short. Here's just my founder as example.
    IWErxFh.jpg
    One day I should try my hand at mapping out all the interconnections.

• liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member
    i cant post a picture of my family tree but i can try to create one of my current legacy family.

Belle Lennox & Toby Lennox
    |
    Kids Jude Lennox Madison Lennox Bailey Lennox
    Spouses: Julia Lennox Dylan Lennox Walter Closet
    | | |
    Ruby Lennox Harrison Lennox Max Lennox Jacob Lennox
    Notso Curious Amelia Lennox
    |
    Dexter Lennox Lana Lennox Olly Lennox
    Mellisa Lennox Philip Van Dort Lourdes Lennox
    | |
    Rowan Lennox Emma Lennox Daniel Lennox Charlie Lennox
  • liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member
    > @liizzys1302 said:
    > i cant post a picture of my family tree but i can try to create one of my current legacy family.
    >
    > Belle Lennox & Toby Lennox
    > |
    > Kids Jude Lennox Madison Lennox Bailey Lennox
    > Spouses: Julia Lennox Dylan Lennox Walter Closet
    > | | |
    > Ruby Lennox Harrison Lennox Max Lennox Jacob Lennox
    > Notso Curious Amelia Lennox
    > |
    > Dexter Lennox Lana Lennox Olly Lennox
    > Mellisa Lennox Philip Van Dort Lourdes Lennox
    > | |
    > Rowan Lennox Emma Lennox Daniel Lennox Charlie Lennox
    >

that so didn't work hahahahah
    Slowly, but surely, working on expanding my Locke family tree. So far, Jacob and Vanessa have one child. A son named Adam. They'll have two more I think. Adam becomes a child soon, then it's off to school(public, or Boarding..... Not sure yet.)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Reviving this thread since I just did a count of my sims 3 challenge legacy and discovered that my founders have 235 descendants over 7 generations! It took me nearly four hours this afternoon just to put the second generation into the plumtree family tree! That will teach me for having such big families 🤣
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't have big family trees. What I end up.doing is making relatives that end up in the stories right from the outset. Which ends up making my game go "oh hell no! Not this again" but what legacy is without uncles, aunts and parents of the founder generation? Hence my legacy tends to have a pre-founder generation which pretty much makes the game huge from the outset.

Plus they're an "Asian family"; we tend to breed like rabbits. 😆

Okay, clarifying; with the McIrishes as family they're mixed.

Yes, there's a reason why I use River. Same family background as my real wife @Featherbelle : raised by mother only, didn't know where dad ran off to.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Ludlum family tree is my biggest one by far. Founded by my very first TS3 sim Aaron. You can zoom in with mousewheel and click on icons to get extra information of the sims though it's a WIP and I've not bothered to write stuff for everyone. Yeah, some may think I have too much time to do something like this but heck, it's pretty fun to dabble with whenever I have free time.
    https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/5986004e8fca4660d7497e8d
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    This is a family I was playing late last year before I got distracted :D
    50428382788_a9dd6d98d2_o.png
    I'm still adding to my family tree. Three going on four as my couple is expecting again!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    I'm so late... back then I only played 3 but since quarantine I've been into the whole franchise and I was watching so much stuff in and off forums that I forgot I made this discussion lol, but I made a promise didn't I. :|

These are my first sims
    QcY5m7a.jpg

and this is the final version
    PART 1
    iNDCGI8.jpg

PART 2 (continuing from left to right from part 1)
    R4F1eYL.jpg

FYI this is still small. I couldn't get the whole tree because the game was instantly crashing when I was pressing the family tree button lol. I think I reached 10th or 11th generation. I've never done so much progress in a save before and I've been playing this game for 10 years. As you can also see in the last generation, there are the same sims over and over because the progression in town stopped, EVERYONE were RELATED so I had to move my then-playing last sims to another town :D . At first I was bummed because I had to start over but I felt fullfilled at the same time because I had so much fun and I was weirdly proud I finally did something like this lol.

Example of what my almost-whole tree looks like from my sim
    Bl5bhl9.jpg

I've been playing in this save since January of 2018 and stopped in September of 2020. But when I stopped I instantly started and still playing with the descendants of this family (the woman in the picture above is the founder now) and I'll try to continue as much as I can. They are currently in Aurora Skies in the 3rd generation. The previous save was in Sunset Valley.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I'm playing on a really long agespan, so I'm only at Gen 5 right now.

51286417346_c0135c2401_b.jpgScreenshot (491) by Timur D. Zharkov, on Flickr

Not everyone appear in in-game family tree so I had to documented it using third-party webapp

51286417176_d599e16942_b.jpgScreenshot_5 by Timur D. Zharkov, on Flickr
    ihavemultiplegamertags